GDT: #23 - 11/27/16 | senators @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
If you call following the sport for 35 years new to the game.

Un-educated? Okay. Whatever. Ottawa played a TRAP. The style of hockey that KILLED the sport in the late 1990's.

It's cowardly hockey.

Last I checked the TRAP is part of the game, still involving 5 players. Sounds like hockey to me, sure looked like it too. I don't think the TRAP has ever killed the sport, considering teams have won the cup playing this style. Every single team in every single game play the TRAP one way or another,

Let's face it, Ottawa was the better team tonight because they played by their game plan, and out coached and out worked the Rangers. Give some credit. Not a bad team at all and I don't understand why they are so disrespected on these boards.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Very good first period, the last two obviously left a lot to be desired.

The Rangers looked like the team that were on the 2nd end of a back to back.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
I feel genuinely bad for anyone who paid to watch that atrocious garbage.

Ottawa's system is one thing, but the NYR again showing an unwillingness to adapt is what bothers me. Can't get a cycle game going to save their lives. YET AGAIN we see that when the transition game is taken away, there is nothing.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Senators are 2nd in the division and a top 10 team.

2nd on the division playing AHL level hockey. A defenseman won't have an epic brain fart and the ref won't hand them a second goal every game. They'll be "good" enough to get a **** pick and will miss the playoffs. Garbage ****ing team.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
2nd on the division playing AHL level hockey. A defenseman won't have an epic brain fart and the ref won't hand them a second goal every game. They'll be "good" enough to get a **** pick and will miss the playoffs. Garbage ****ing team.

Whatever you say dude. Clearly that "AHL level hockey" is getting them some wins.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Last I checked the TRAP is part of the game, still involving 5 players. Sounds like hockey to me, sure looked like it too. I don't think the TRAP has ever killed the sport, considering teams have won the cup playing this style. Every single team in every single game play the TRAP one way or another,

Let's face it, Ottawa was the better team tonight because they played by their game plan, and out coached and out worked the Rangers. Give some credit. Not a bad team at all and I don't understand why they are so disrespected on these boards.

They're disrespected because you can be an AHL level team like that and play that style of hockey. They scored a goal and then played defense the rest of the game. That's not a good team. God, I hope they get destroyed from here on out. They're like the Kings without any of the talent except for Karlsson.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
They're disrespected because you can be an AHL level team like that and play that style of hockey. They scored a goal and then played defense the rest of the game. That's not a good team. God, I hope they get destroyed from here on out. They're like the Kings without any of the talent except for Karlsson.

:laugh: Go for a walk or something

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC

A 1-3-1, which Ottawa played, is COWARDLY hockey. Sure, every team plays some form of a "trap", but not every one plays it to such detail.

Don't forget, Ottawa scored their first goal because the faceoff was misplaced. It should have been in the neutral zone, not in the Rangers zone. The second goal was scored because the ref blocked a sure clearance.

Ottawa had a completely UNDESERVED lead and went into the 1-3-1. Not going to give credit to luck.

As for killing the sport, the NHL lost a season at the height of the dead puck era and put in special rules to try to open the game up when it returned.

Personally, I think "icing" should be allowed when the forechecking team only has one player in the offensive zone and the other four behind the center line. Sorry, I think the 1-3-1 is an abomination and should be phased out of the game.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Wow, if you get this emotional about how a single team plays NHL hockey, then you probably shouldn't watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad