GDT: #23 - 11/27/16 | senators @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG, NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Rangers lost because of two things:

1. They couldn't complete more than two passes at a time, which has been a problem for the last few games

2. Ottawa kept forcing them to make low percentage shots and the Rangers did absolutely nothing to try and change that up.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Rangers lost because of two things:

1. They couldn't complete more than two passes at a time, which has been a problem for the last few games

2. Ottawa kept forcing them to make low percentage shots and the Rangers did absolutely nothing to try and change that up.

Called "Other teams adjusting."

Morten

May 24, 2014
well thats 2½ hours wasted, such a boring game, now I understand why other fans hated playing the rangers during torts era

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I hope Ottawa never makes the playoffs again in their existence. I hate that hockey team. This isn't ****ing hockey. This is a mockery of the game.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
As a fan, I can take losing to good teams. I hate losing to Pittsburgh, but at least, the Penguins are a good hockey team.

The Ottawa Senators are a crappy team playing a "system" that should be illegal.

The two goals against were utter bull**** as the first was off a misplaced faceoff and the second because of a ref assist.

Garbage, garbage, garbage.

These games, icing should be legal to allow the ice to be spread out.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I hope Ottawa never makes the playoffs again in their existence. I hate that hockey team. This isn't ****ing hockey. This is a mockery of the game.

How can the Rangers be so good if they can't play against teams that trap? I mean there's nothing better than a team like Chicago, they can easily win against trap teams because they are very talented.

If you know a team plays the trap you need to adjust.

Its a pretty simple system... If you can't win against a trapping team good luck in the playoffs.

Good teams spread that trap wide open.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

Agreed. How can the NHL be happy with that? It's late 90s Devils hockey. Such crap.

Either way AV needs to figure out a way to penetrate the trap. Or maybe it's in the players. Stop dumping if you're not going to win the race.

Need to capitalize on the chances too. Lot of over passing and flubbed opportunities tonight.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
The Senators just straight up shut us down. Can't help but laugh at people saying "I hat the Senators wahhhh". Hopefully the Rangers don't react the same way. Team needs to learn how to score in this types of games, we're not gonna open up 3-0 leads in every game.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
If you call following the sport for 35 years new to the game.

Un-educated? Okay. Whatever. Ottawa played a TRAP. The style of hockey that KILLED the sport in the late 1990's.

It's cowardly hockey.

Looked like effective hockey to me. :dunno:

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Agreed. How can the NHL be happy with that? It's late 90s Devils hockey. Such crap.

Either way AV needs to figure out a way to penetrate the trap. Or maybe it's in the players. Stop dumping if you're not going to win the race.

Need to capitalize on the chances too. Lot of over passing and flubbed opportunities tonight.

Part of the problem is that the Rangers don't really have grinders. Ton of speed, but no guys that really win corner battles.

One of the problems with their current system of a speed game and passing is the Garden ice. Part of the reason they are a much better road team, and they've been a better road team ever since AV has been coach.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
As a fan, I can take losing to good teams. I hate losing to Pittsburgh, but at least, the Penguins are a good hockey team.

The Ottawa Senators are a crappy team playing a "system" that should be illegal.

The two goals against were utter bull**** as the first was off a misplaced faceoff and the second because of a ref assist.

Garbage, garbage, garbage.

These games, icing should be legal to allow the ice to be spread out.

Senators are 2nd in the division and a top 10 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad