Post-Game Talk: #23 - 11/23/18 | RANGERS @ flyers | 1:00 - NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
1st bold: False. Second bold: also false... only McGuire said that and his response has been widely panned as him not knowing what he was talking about. Literally the only thing Andersson has in common is that he was drafted by the Rangers and he's Swedish.
Still reminds me of Sundstrom. I know I'm not supposed to say that.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Who ever gave this guy a review that he could be a top line player? You honestly see that in him?

I've seen several places that say his absolute ceiling is Toews or Bergeron. No one thinks he has a ceiling of an elite scorer, but I do think he's got a ceiling of a Selke-capable 1C. More realistic projections if he develops well seem to be ROR or Stepan (both players without great speed) mold. aka 1st liners. Of course, he could very well end up as a 3C. That happens.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Still reminds me of Sundstrom. I know I'm not supposed to say that.

I think you're in the right lane there. Sometimes, the right comparison happens to be from the same country or the same ethnicity. The point is to not go comparison shopping and limit it to that criteria. It's lazy. The one difference is that Sundstrom was never really a chippy player. And he was a better skater. Otherwise, in terms of the type of player we are talking about, I think it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad