GDT: #22| Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders | November 26th 7:00 PM | F/OT 3-2

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
so painful to go back to middle america where I am residing most of the year, home this week and got to see 3 games and so far 3-0, hoping to come back in March and stay in until the end of the season, so jealous of all of you who are on Long Island and get to go to any game you want, I know money is an issue with alot of people but I have no idea how anyone wouldn't want to go to any game they can, you can get a ticket for $25 for almost every game and this is the last year on the Island and the best year the Isles are having in like 3 decades, so jealous of anyone who is living on the Island and can hit the Coliseum anytime they like

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Found this gem in the comments section of the Islander Facebook page:

10405305_10204038216734232_7847951955299198009_n.jpg

Seen that a few games ago. :handclap::handclap:

Better version:
DesertedDearCrow.gif

That's great!!!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Regarding that Lee gif, were there fans in the background cheering or somehting?

replayer

Aug 3, 2005
Didn't get to watch the game tonight, listened to it on XM on my phone.

I realized something this evening, something I haven't felt in a long, LONG time. (Been a fan since the late 70s.)

I'm expecting them to pull out these close games now. I expected them to win.

That's an amazing feeling.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Islanders are at a point now they probably could play .500 hockey the rest of the season and just make the playoffs(with 92 points). As it stands now I think they can break 100 points(basically they would have to go 34-26-0 or better in their last 60 games) and hope they get closer to the 105-110 mark. 100 points though probably gets you second place in the Metro

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Great win tonight--definitely not our best and awesome that this team finds a way to pull it out. That PK had better man up on Ovi on Friday. Also the defense needs to hit the freaking net the flurry around the 5 min mark in the 3rd was great except everything was wide.

The kid line is really the best part of the streak for me. The strides they have all made is amazing, particularly defensively. JT didn't have a great game but made it count in the end. Not sure if he is hurt or if teams are smothering him more then past 10 games but once he kicks it in to overdrive and we straighten out the PP, the sky is the limit. 55 and 2, IMO, have really been the key to this season. Considering CdH has been struggling as of late, we would really be relying on Hammer, Hickey and Viz--which would be scary.

Happy Thanksgiving all and hopefully the boys are ready on Friday. :handclap:

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I would agree with you but given Halak has played 3 games in 5 nights(and that would make it 4 in 7) I think the extra days rest might help

Once you also factor in the Home game is Saturday, more reason to play Halak on Saturday

I would start Halak on Friday and go Johnson on Saturday. Devils are really pitiful offensively so could steal a win wth our backup.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Didn't get to watch the game tonight, listened to it on XM on my phone.

I realized something this evening, something I haven't felt in a long, LONG time. (Been a fan since the late 70s.)

I'm expecting them to pull out these close games now. I expected them to win.

That's an amazing feeling.

I haven't reached that level of confidence yet. I still find myself feeling like they will do something to sabotage the game. It hasn't completely dissipated yet, but it's getting smaller and smaller every game.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Great win tonight--definitely not our best and awesome that this team finds a way to pull it out. That PK had better man up on Ovi on Friday. Also the defense needs to hit the freaking net the flurry around the 5 min mark in the 3rd was great except everything was wide.

The kid line is really the best part of the streak for me. The strides they have all made is amazing, particularly defensively. JT didn't have a great game but made it count in the end. Not sure if he is hurt or if teams are smothering him more then past 10 games but once he kicks it in to overdrive and we straighten out the PP, the sky is the limit. 55 and 2, IMO, have really been the key to this season. Considering CdH has been struggling as of late, we would really be relying on Hammer, Hickey and Viz--which would be scary.

Happy Thanksgiving all and hopefully the boys are ready on Friday. :handclap:
Aside from poor coverage (like NO coverage on OV on two PKs) not bad at all. The Caps tried to slow the game to a half court grinding game, they are a big, heavy team. We play and win any way we need to. 55 hits last night to 27, 13 buy Matt Martin. They want to grind, we can do that and win too.

isles309

Nov 1, 2008
Someone mentioned (and I forgot what thread it was) that they got a message that stated that they were hacked by the Syrian electronic army. I just got that message too. Does anyone know what this means?

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Someone mentioned (and I forgot what thread it was) that they got a message that stated that they were hacked by the Syrian electronic army. I just got that message too. Does anyone know what this means?

They were taking down some major sites (NHL.com, daily news etc.). You're fine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad