GDT: #22| Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders | November 26th 7:00 PM | F/OT 3-2

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders

Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Uniondale, NY 7:00pm EST

350wkt5.jpg

Islanders Potential Lineup:

Forwards:

2vjpidz.jpg
352ollw.jpg
11sjj1c.jpg

N. Kulemin J. Tavares K. Okposo

2rxjzo8.jpg
x212k7.jpg
140dp2b.jpg

J. Bailey F. Nielsen M. Grabovski

5bzh8l.jpg
54sxvp.jpg
29wr3c.jpg

A. Lee R. Strome B. Nelson

104fct3.jpg
2e3y81g.jpg
ngf5vp.jpg

M. Martin C. Cizikas C. Clutterbuck

Defense:

2j316jp.jpg
ixuvis.jpg

N. Leddy J. Boychuk

2pobmeg.jpg
2s7tkaq.jpg

T. Hickey T. Hamonic

vx4r4.jpg
s30pj4.jpg

L. Visnovsky C. de Haan

Goalie:

2zei1ol.jpg
*Starter
J. Halak

**Went with previous lineup since that's what available as of now.**

dpbmo4.jpg

6q8vbl.jpg

kd3myo.jpg

kd3myo.jpg

Capitals Potential Lineup:

Forwards:

Alex Ovechkin – Nicklas Backstrom – Tom Wilson

Marcus Johansson – Andre Burakovsky – Troy Brouwer

Jason Chimera – Jay Beagle – Joel Ward

Michael Latta – Evgeny Kuznetsov – Eric Fehr

Defense:

Brooks Orpik – John Carlson

Karl Alzner – Matt Niskanen

Nate Schmidt – Mike Green

Goalie:

Braden Holtby *Probable Starter​

Last edited:

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Nice GDT!

As of right now Mike Green and Brooks Laich are officially out and earlier today Ovie tweaked something and 60/40 going to play.

Lets keep the ball rolling out some more distance between us and them.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
starting up early huh?
they're talking about the isles on NHL on the fly. One of the guys (don't know name) says he has Garth Snow as GM of the year right now

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Looks like Caps aren't at full strength right now but Trotz could clog up the neutral zone and give us tons of trouble.

Wouldn't be upset with a split against them.

Words Of Wisdom

Truth Speaker
Oct 20, 2011
Long Island.
Definitely want a split at least against the Caps. We've been on a year and you can't win them all, just don't wanna lose two to them. Here's hoping the offense explodes once again. Really would love to see Tavares show up Ovi'.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
We haven't scored the first goal in 5 of the last 6 games. Ironically, we lost the game we scored first and won the 5 that we didn't. Go figure.

With a depleted roster and a slightly injured Ovie, we need to win the home portion of this mini-series. Hopefully we can come out flying, which will help our momentum and hurt theirs.

None of these divisional games are easy. I imagine Halak goes again.

LGI!

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Also, is there any word on de Haan and Hickey? We really can't be without them for too long. Even one of them back is huge.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Just wondering, who's going to the game tomorrow? Would like to know which one of my islander "family" from here will be there. Taking my friend from work to the game tomorrow and going with 7 others. I have promised him that I would take him to a game for the last 9 years but didn't want him to witness the misery. So i'd like to know who I will be celebrating a thanksgiving win with. I'm sitting section 301 row M. Anyone else?

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
Want both games...especially at home. They don't have my permission to lose again until they play St. Louis.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Man, that Boychuk on the first pairing sure does look a lot like Visnovsky ;)

Damn! Picked the wrong link. I'll fix it in the morning when I'm back at my computer.

Nice GDT!

As of right now Mike Green and Brooks Laich are officially out and earlier today Ovie tweaked something and 60/40 going to play.

Lets keep the ball rolling out some more distance between us and them.

Thanks!
I had to go back to the Caps previous game on Saturday to get just that info.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Also, is there any word on de Haan and Hickey? We really can't be without them for too long. Even one of them back is huge.

towards the beginning of today's point blank podcast, they mentioned hickey and cdh both skated with the team today.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
wrong...this is his doppelganger:
Woody-Toy-Story-3-Tom-Hanks.jpg

forgot who was the first to mention this, but i remember it from the brock nelson draft thread and it's been burned into my mind ever since.

Brock Nelson's name just reminds me of a bully in a high school movie. When he repeatedly shot it into the net after Lee scored against Pittsburgh, I just pictured him saying "O'Doyle rules" over and over.

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
Brock Nelson's name just reminds me of a bully in a high school movie. When he repeatedly shot it into the net after Lee scored against Pittsburgh, I just pictured him saying "O'Doyle rules" over and over.

haha, i got a kick out of that too.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004

Jack said yesterday that deHaan and Hickey are fine, will play against the Caps.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Imagine if we had Nino on that first line. Hopefully dallcolle will be the future with Tavares and management won't mess him up like they did with Nino.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad