GDT: #22| Washington Capitals @ New York Islanders | November 26th 7:00 PM | F/OT 3-2

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Aside from poor coverage (like NO coverage on OV on two PKs) not bad at all. The Caps tried to slow the game to a half court grinding game, they are a big, heavy team. We play and win any way we need to. 55 hits last night to 27, 13 buy Matt Martin. They want to grind, we can do that and win too.

I thought our passing game was slightly off and other than a few points during the game, the forecheck was not there. Don't get me wrong, not a horrible game and a win is a win but just need to tighten things up.

I'm hoping we can win in regulation, these OT games we have gotten into lately may tire the boys out at some point.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
Someone mentioned (and I forgot what thread it was) that they got a message that stated that they were hacked by the Syrian electronic army. I just got that message too. Does anyone know what this means?

We're in my wheelhouse! You are fine, don't worry. The SEA used an exploit in the CDN ad network to force a javascript popup on a bunch of major sites. It's a slight of hand trick, nothing more.

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
Anybody have a picture of Tavares celebrating last night from the angle of him facing towards the bench and the crowd? I saw one on Instagram that was filtered to death but it looked like a professional shot somebody reposted so I figure it must be out there somewhere else. It would make a great wallpaper.

EDIT: It's this one but this particular one has been cropped awkwardly so I'm still looking for the original.

usa-john-tavares_1.jpg

ab94

May 12, 2013
Long Island
Anybody have a picture of Tavares celebrating last night from the angle of him facing towards the bench and the crowd? I saw one on Instagram that was filtered to death but it looked like a professional shot somebody reposted so I figure it must be out there somewhere else. It would make a great wallpaper.

EDIT: It's this one but this particular one has been cropped awkwardly so I'm still looking for the original.

usa-john-tavares_1.jpg

Any way to get a larger version of that?

Hershey Hockey

#AskNeal
Oct 5, 2010
Hershey, PA
Any way to get a larger version of that?

Found it after digging around for a good while with a bunch of different google searches. Not terribly big or high quality but this is the best one I could find. It's a bit blurry when zoomed/formatted as the background on my iPhone. Still looking to find a higher quality version.

2014-11-27T030942Z_584423905_NOCID_RTRMADP_3_NHL-WASHINGTON-CAPITALS-AT-NEW-YORK-ISLANDERS.jpg

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
That's an awesome shot. What a great game to be at. My old man said to me on the way to the car "THIS is how it used to be. Winning every game. This is how fort never lose used to feel." I got chills when he said that. I want this team to succeed this year so ****ing bad

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
When this team hit 6-5 I thought we were going to see the "same old Islanders", but man was I wrong. This is absolutely amazing to watch, when they play great they dominate other teams, when they have an off game, they still manage to get 2 points. This is the best Islanders team in a very long time, and I am loving it.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida

Nice to see DolanDay showing us some back page love.

usa-john-tavares_1.jpg

Here is part of that interview (missing Lee moving his arms)

Nice!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad