22-23 OUA season Thread

thook

Jan 9, 2010
Lakehead wins game 1 5-3 pretty dominant 3rd period gonna be hard for Toronto to win 2 in tbay in what is looking like a 3000+ crowd
Anyone sleeping on a young lakehead team the next few years will be in for a surprise. Speed, offense, defence plus getting good goaltending and a team willing to sacrifice for each other. They are sure fun to watch. Been a long time coming. With this performance they should be able to bring in some good recruits too.

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Anyone sleeping on a young lakehead team the next few years will be in for a surprise. Speed, offense, defence plus getting good goaltending and a team willing to sacrifice for each other. They are sure fun to watch. Been a long time coming. With this performance they should be able to bring in some good recruits too.
I’m pulling for them because unlike the majority of U sports hockey teams they actually have a fan base. It would be nice to see them rewarded

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Concordia sweeps McGill with an easy 4-0 win. Was expecting a tighter series.

UofT ties their series with Lakehead.
Very difficult to try and watch the stream. Camera seems quite far away from the action.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Someone needs to do the math on the financial impact for Lakehead when UQTR scored that overtime goal. Instead of travelling from Thunder Bay to Trois-Rivières, they now host the bronze medal game and likely another gate of 3000-plus.

Reactions: Rob

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
Definitely will be cheering for Lakehead, would love to see it for the fans and Spencer Blackwell is playing for them and he is one of my favourite kids I’ve seen come through the Maritime Junior League.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Someone needs to do the math on the financial impact for Lakehead when UQTR scored that overtime goal. Instead of travelling from Thunder Bay to Trois-Rivières, they now host the bronze medal game and likely another gate of 3000-plus.
I believe that the Queen's Cup must be played in Ontari-ari-ario.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
I believe that the Queen's Cup must be played in Ontari-ari-ario.
Yes it does - but I was talking about the third-place game, not the Queen's Cup.
If Concordia scored in gm 3 OT, Lakehead (39 pts) would have had to travel to T-R for the bronze game. But because UQTR won, Concordia (38 pts) now has to come to TBay. Pretty big financial difference for the Wolves!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad