22-23 OUA season Thread

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Last edited:

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Shame about their choice in the new nickname. I think the TMU logo is actually kind of nice

1662144805811.png

northvanman

Jun 4, 2009
Oakville, ON
Maybe so, but teams update their logos all the time - other than the Habs, I can't think of an NHL team that hasn't done some fine-tuning or complete re-working of their logo in the last 30 years - maybe the Jets and the Wild (speaking of team nicknames) - and I'm not looking to debate this (because I probably missed a team), just making the point that lots of updating happens to keep logos current. Also, I'm not sure this is the logo going on their uniforms (earlier press release said the teams will continue to wear Rams gear this year until new uniforms are available). Plus, the Rams had one of least creative sports team logos of any university in the country, so the bar is set really low for whatever they come up with.

AdamMcg83

Oct 12, 2011
www.twitter.com
Not sure if this was covered on another thread, but the OUA has made a significant change to their playoff structure.

This season, only 6 teams per division will make the playoffs. Seeds 1-2 will get a first round bye, while the first round will consist of 3-6 and 4-5 matchups.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Not sure if this was covered on another thread, but the OUA has made a significant change to their playoff structure.

This season, only 6 teams per division will make the playoffs. Seeds 1-2 will get a first round bye, while the first round will consist of 3-6 and 4-5 matchups.
Just like the AUS and CW!

Reactions: AdamMcg83 and Rob

Aces89

Apr 22, 2020
I read that today. Also read of a case in Kelowna back in April involving 4 players. Didn't figure out how it ended. Obviously not everything is Hockey Canada fault.
It's more of a hockey problem as a whole. Hockey Canada is more at fault for using kids hockey registrations to pay off settlements instead of attacking the issue.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
It's more of a hockey problem as a whole. Hockey Canada is more at fault for using kids hockey registrations to pay off settlements instead of attacking the issue.
I don't think it's the job of HC to fix societal ills. The 2018 "incident" occurred at a HC sponsored event. Countless other "incidents" have happened outside of HC. I don't want this thread to become like a FB thread, but the problem is Much Deeper than just HC and/or hockey. I'll leave it there.....

Lakeheadfan95

Jul 19, 2019
Fort William Gardens
Early observations for Lakehead they play extremely fast have cut down on the penalties and finally seemed to have found a good goalie in Cicigoi powerplay definitely needs some work but this might be the best Lakehead team in years

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2