GDT: #21 Blackhawks @ Ducks | Nov25th | 1 PM Pacific (EUROPE FRIENDLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Travis Green, well, I liked what I've heard about him. But for now he had one great season in the AHL, last season was average and this Utica 0.441 right now. Dallas Eakins ha a much better record in the minors than Green. There is no guarantee that Green would have done better.

I have serious problems right now liking the twins. They've burned RC, then Bruce and now, despite the big words in preseason they don't change anything. To me it's more a mindset problem, especially when you have won everything already.

I was just addressing the Greene comments, not advocating for him.

As for the bolded, I've stated previously that there will be no more cups in ANA under this on ice leadership. We have a good team, a talented team, a team that can beat anybody, but not a team that can get the job done when the chips are down. There is no team/players leadership on this team.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
It's proof that putting an offensive dman with a physical stay at home just works. The team needs Stoner back and to clone Manson instead of Bieska

Stoner should replace Bieksa in the line-up. At least he knows his role. Manson had a rough game, but got better as it went on. Getz and Perry are horribad. Bad decision after bad decision, and can't control the puck.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
getzlaf has 1 goal, and perry is on a 13 game goal less streak and we are saying its RC's fault?....ducks almost (and should have) come out of a 0-3 hole, without the help of getz/perry...you will NOT win very many games when it takes 3-4 goals to win and you "top" players cant find the net.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I was just addressing the Greene comments, not advocating for him.

As for the bolded, I've stated previously that there will be no more cups in ANA under this on ice leadership. We have a good team, a talented team, a team that can beat anybody, but not a team that can get the job done when the chips are down. There is no team/players leadership on this team.

Kesler begs to differ. He came here looking for a cup, but with the other leaders on this team already achieved that they don't have the same desire to win it all as Kes does. I'm happy Kes came here because he's an amazing player, but he should have gone to Chicago if he wanted a Cup.

He can give it his all, be a great leader, but when the vets here don't have the same desire to win it all or preform on the same level as Kes does, it all falls on deaf ears.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
getzlaf has 1 goal, and perry is on a 13 game goal less streak and we are saying its RC's fault?....ducks almost (and should have) come out of a 0-3 hole, without the help of getz/perry...you will NOT win very many games when it takes 3-4 goals to win and you "top" players cant find the net.

It's not an either or situation, the Twins are just as much to blame as RC is.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Even at 50% better stats from Perry and Getzlaf this team add 4 wins and have an elite record. The top line will get going they have too much talent not too. Carlyle has done a hell of job coaching so far

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Kesler begs to differ. He came here looking for a cup, but with the other leaders on this team already achieved that they don't have the same desire to win it all as Kes does. I'm happy Kes came here because he's an amazing player, but he should have gone to Chicago if he wanted a Cup.

He can give it his all, be a great leader, but when the vets here don't have the same desire to win it all or preform on the same level as Kes does, it all falls on deaf ears.
Somehow you know about Getzlaf and Perry's desire to win

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I don't disagree about Kesler. I'd even say Cogs plays with intensity and heart every night as well. But unfortunately, in Anaheim, Getzlaf and Perry are viewed as the leaders. They have the seniority in Anaheim and they are obviously the two most talented players as well. We need them to be our best players when it matters most, and unfortunately, it hasn't been happening the last four years.

If somehow, a couple of the younger talented guys could develop and mature into elite players with leadership skills, maybe they could take over the leadership of the team and an aging Getzlaf and Perry could be counted on to be smaller contributors (similar to the 07 team), then maybe the team could win a cup. But as long as we expect Getzlaf and Perry to be the leaders who carry the team, it ain't happening.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Even at 50% better stats from Perry and Getzlaf this team add 4 wins and have an elite record. The top line will get going they have too much talent not too. Carlyle has done a hell of job coaching so far

Please explain the bolded.

BTW, I'm still waiting for you to support your claim that Boll's lack of sticking up for teammates is because the coach is holding him back. Please provide evidence.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

What has RC actually done? He can coach a middling team into beating either bottom of the league teams or teams that have injuries to key players (heck, we still lose to those teams even). RC hasn't done anything impressive, especially nothing impressive enough to justify having him instead of Bruce. Even if Bruce can't win a game 7, he can still make the playoffs.

Somehow you know about Getzlaf and Perry's desire to win

Well it's not hard to believe when you've won everything possible in professional hockey, your desire to win another SC isn't as high as the guy who hasn't won it yet. Just common sense.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
They have wins against:

Philly
Vancouver
Nashville
Arizona
Calgary
Carolina
Edmonton
New Jersey

Not the cream of the crop by any means, this is a team who is on the decline age wise with no studs in the system to replace them. RC has to go 1st and then one of the twins has to go to.

With regards to Boll not sticking up for his team mates, that's crap. But the fact that he was signed to play in a league where speed is a necessity shows that management is stuck in their ways. 18 GP 1A 7 shots -6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad