GDT: #21 Blackhawks @ Ducks | Nov25th | 1 PM Pacific (EUROPE FRIENDLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Posts like this are comical blind hate for Carlyle
The Ducks dominated this game, got ****ed by the refs and hit multiple posts. In fact the team has played great this year and thats with the top line playing horrible. I can imagine once they catch fire

Posts like this are comically blind bias towards RC. This team has not been playing great all season. Sure, we might play good for a game or two, or have a dominant period once in awhile. But overall the team has been bad to middle of the road.

RC is still the same coach from Toronto, nothing has changed. Unless he has two HHOF defenseman, and 3 HHOF forwards, he's not that good.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
It's also what happens when you schedule a weekday game at 1PM. Sold my tickets through the Ducks site because I work, and that's 2 extra Blackhawks fans that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

I assume they figure most people would have today off since its Thanksgiving weekend. This was the first game I've been to all year because I was in town to see family. I haven't caught many games this year and they looked really bad especially Getzlaf and Perry. This didn't look like a team struggling, it looked like a team going through the motions. I laughed my ass off when those two appeared on the video screen prior to the Ducks taking the ice for the third telling us what a champion looks like.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Posts like this are comically blind bias towards RC. This team has not been playing great all season. Sure, we might play good for a game or two, or have a dominant period once in awhile. But overall the team has been bad to middle of the road.

RC is still the same coach from Toronto, nothing has changed. Unless he has two HHOF defenseman, and 3 HHOF forwards, he's not that good.
This. He needs to go.

I mean, heck, this is a really good team on paper.

Solid top scoring line with Rakell, Getzlaf, and Perry. Solid checking/scoring line with Cogs, Kesler, and Silf. Solid 3rd line with Ritchie, Vermette, and Kase (Kase's been pretty good his second time up here. That called-off goal, though.... guy can't catch a break :rant: ) 4th line is pretty good with Garbutt, Wagner, and Cramarossa. Lindholm-Manson is a solid top pairing, Fowler-Vatanen is a nice second pairing, and Theodore and Bieksa is the only real weak link. (though Theodore is capable of more than he's doing right now) In net, Bernier and Gibson is a more than capable 1A-1B situation. (who's 1A and who's 1B is up for debate, though Bernier has definitely been the better goalie this season) It's hardly our '07 Cup Team in terms of talent, but it's not bad by any means.

Yet the way we play has been depressing. Sure, continually choking in the playoffs was hard to swallow, but at least we were somewhat respectable. We've had a few good games this season but otherwise we've failed to put up consistent, solid defensive efforts and have failed to show up offensively.

Maybe it's a bit early, but the Carlyle hiring was stupid from the get-go. He's been long outmoded. He doesn't fit in this NHL.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Posts like this are comical blind hate for Carlyle
The Ducks dominated this game, got ****ed by the refs and hit multiple posts. In fact the team has played great this year and thats with the top line playing horrible. I can imagine once they catch fire

Catch fire?

We've been playing maybe one period or a period and a half that's good. The rest are snoozers.

We're highly inconsistent and the our top line is abysmal! You're waiting for the top line to catch fire when they're supposed to always be on fire... that's the point of being the top line, ya know? smh

The game isn't cohesive for all 60 minutes.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Getzlaf and Perry even when they get a cycle going its so sloppy. Passes aren't somewhere to be dangerous they either get it on their backhand or have to kick it to their stick or fight off someone to get to it. Maybe it is time to separate them.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl

The anti Carlyle crowd including yourself predicted a lottery team. The team has been unlucky and the top line hasn't caught fire which they will.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
it's clear at this point that Carlyle isn't having the positive affect Bob was hoping for.

The organization was stuck with perry and getzlaf so bruce had to go only because "someone" had to go.

The roster is less than last year and randy is a so-so coach. The results so far are an average team. As fans, I think we should get used to this. The cap situation is the biggest problem, they'll have to make negative or lateral moves to improve the team. negative as in buyout /trade for a loss to free up cap for Lindholm(despres), then trade D for offense. I'm of the opinion they need to start moving some young D prospects for young Offensive prospects/roster ready) talent and plan for the future core of the team once getz/perry are out. those 2 are not going to carry the team anywhere.

i'm hoping for moves like trading vats for spooner. montour for mantha and plan for 2-3 years from now

a new core of

Rakell
silf
spooner
Mantha
ritchie
Kase?

fowler
lindholm
theadore
Larsson

Gibson

then build around those guys with vets. kesler(he'll still be around),cogliano, other guys from around the league, role players, etc.

my point is they need to plan for the future because the present cup window is closed and there's no point in floundering around in denial.

Last edited:

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I know its impossible to think about but I wonder what this team would look like with someone like Travis Green or even someone young and new. RC coaching is so outdated he hasn't changed anything.

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
I know its impossible to think about but I wonder what this team would look like with someone like Travis Green or even someone young and new. RC coaching is so outdated he hasn't changed anything.

my dream would be a future core like i posted above along with Green coaching.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The anti Carlyle crowd including yourself predicted a lottery team. The team has been unlucky and the top line hasn't caught fire which they will.

And when you look at the team play, and see which teams they are winning and losing against, you would see a team that is destined for. a top 10 pick, and nowhere close to being a true contender.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Travis Greene will be coaching in VAN before Bob has the guts to fire RC. Not that all this mediocrity is strictly an RC problem. But he was never gonna be a solution to anything either.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I didn't think they played badly in this game (offensively speaking), didn't get much luck with the posts and had chances to score but the problem again has been the team defence is just a disaster like the last few games and it puts the team in a massive hole that they can't dig out of. Lindholm and Manson are both caught out for no reason on the 1st goal, Theodore gets stripped right infront of the net for the 3rd goal because he decides to try skating with it for some reason - those are just mistakes that can't happen.

Also waiting for Perry to actually make an impact on the game, he can barely control the puck out there.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Perry is trying to finesse his way out of his slump. He needs to do more chipping the puck into the corner and throwing some big hits/going hard to the net. Thats the way hes gonna get out of this slump

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
Travis Greene will be coaching in VAN before Bob has the guts to fire RC. Not that all this mediocrity is strictly an RC problem. But he was never gonna be a solution to anything either.

Travis Green, well, I liked what I've heard about him. But for now he had one great season in the AHL, last season was average and this Utica 0.441 right now. Dallas Eakins ha a much better record in the minors than Green. There is no guarantee that Green would have done better.

I have serious problems right now liking the twins. They've burned RC, then Bruce and now, despite the big words in preseason they don't change anything. To me it's more a mindset problem, especially when you have won everything already.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
This. He needs to go.

I mean, heck, this is a really good team on paper.

Solid top scoring line with Rakell, Getzlaf, and Perry. Solid checking/scoring line with Cogs, Kesler, and Silf. Solid 3rd line with Ritchie, Vermette, and Kase (Kase's been pretty good his second time up here. That called-off goal, though.... guy can't catch a break :rant: ) 4th line is pretty good with Garbutt, Wagner, and Cramarossa. Lindholm-Manson is a solid top pairing, Fowler-Vatanen is a nice second pairing, and Theodore and Bieksa is the only real weak link. (though Theodore is capable of more than he's doing right now) In net, Bernier and Gibson is a more than capable 1A-1B situation. (who's 1A and who's 1B is up for debate, though Bernier has definitely been the better goalie this season) It's hardly our '07 Cup Team in terms of talent, but it's not bad by any means.

Yet the way we play has been depressing. Sure, continually choking in the playoffs was hard to swallow, but at least we were somewhat respectable. We've had a few good games this season but otherwise we've failed to put up consistent, solid defensive efforts and have failed to show up offensively.

Maybe it's a bit early, but the Carlyle hiring was stupid from the get-go. He's been long outmoded. He doesn't fit in this NHL.

EXACTLY! Did BM really believe that bringing in RC and his antiquated style was the solution to winning hockey? Did anyone in upper management watch the Cup finals last year? Is there any coach in the league having success playing the top two lines 85% of the game? I don't think BM will admit that this is a disaster by firing RC mid year, but I do hope he has the smarts to clean him out at year end and hire a coach with vision. See article:

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/misguided-firing-of-bruce-boudreau-not-panning-out-for-ducks/

Last edited:

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
EXACTLY! Did BM really believe that bringing in RC and his antiquated style was the solution to winning hockey? Did anyone in upper management watch the Cup finals last year? Is there any coach in the league having success playing the top two lines 85% of the game? I don't think BM will admit that this is a disaster by firing RC mid year, but I do hope he has the smarts to clean him out at year end and hire a coach with vision. See article:

http://www.fanragsports.com/nhl/misguided-firing-of-bruce-boudreau-not-panning-out-for-ducks/
To be honest, I don't think that Boudreau's awful track record in the playoffs made him very endearing, as in both Anaheim and Washington, he's had President's Trophy-caliber teams that end up sputtering out in the playoffs. However, some of the blame has to fall in the other leadership in that locker room (Getzlaf, etc.) but it didn't. Boudreau answered for the crimes of the whole team.

But hell, I'll take playoff choking, even if you could pin the blame 100% on Boudreau (which you in no way can), over no playoffs at all. Carlyle is a relic. Boudreau at least made us a competitive team night after night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad