Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors Thread

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s a short tournament & a single game knockouts in the medal rounds so that’s still hard to navigate around for anybody. But USA couldn’t let this opportunity slip away. Beyond having the most talented team in the tournament by a fair margin. They also had about as favorable of schedule/pool I think I’ve ever seen for them (thanks to no Russia). Your first five games were Norway, Switzerland, Czechia, Slovakia, & Latvia before they took on Finland & Sweden in the final two games of their tournament.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Gauthier is the Robert Hagg of Amer
Not even going to answer that cus that was never in question with what I was saying. I simply stated he was invisible that game (until the goal) and it was a fact. Everyone has these types of games. Posters here are just keeping the expectations in check….as we are so often disappointed as flyer fans. Provorov, Patrick, etc.
fair enough...Patrick was disappointing...Provorov was good value for the pick imo he just plateaued early and never took that last step to be a consistent top pairing dman.. Think the situation with the team hurt his development and he progressively was declining but heh its over we moved on...his attitude which is something no poster is aware of seems to have been proven as a problem .... hopefully Cutter isn't like that because his skill set, and his continuous improvement are things to get excited about but until it happens, he's still just a prospect.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I just finished the gold medal game. Let me know if anyone needs any definitive evaluations. I haven’t watched a full hockey game in 2 months, so I was extra focused.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I am surprised more countries especially the smaller ones don’t try and mimic the USA National development program.
Russia and Slovakia tried it and it flopped. Canada will never do it with the CHL and they probably have too big of a player pool to accurately pick the best 15-16 year olds.

Maybe Sweden or Finland could pull it off but the pro teams probably have a bigger say. It'll probably just be unique to the Americans.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
When was this?
Rubtsov's draft year lol. The doping thing didn't help either.

Slovakia's hung around longer than I thought but the only really produced Cernak who spent time in the CHL. They are producing better prospects now that it stopped.

Belarus has one too. I forgot about them. Fair success I guess, but hard to tell if it's the program or just a bit of a golden generation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: kudymen and BigToe

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Do you guys think that after Gauthier's season is over, he will not only sign but also play in this season with the Flyers? Is that realistic scenario?

If not, then for the next season he has to be with the Flyers from the start, right?

Reactions: Larry44

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Do you guys think that after Gauthier's season is over, he will not only sign but also play in this season with the Flyers? Is that realistic scenario?

If not, then for the next season he has to be with the Flyers from the start, right?
He'll join the Flyers right after the season unless BC goes all the way to the Frozen Four final (there's only one regular season game after that, would be a tough squeeze but not impossible).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad