Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors Thread

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It's fun to imagine what Michkov would do to some of these poor kids had Russia been eligible to play.
Do KHL teams allow important youth pieces to go to WJC? I don't pay too much attention to how they operate. I know they are banned now but if they weren't would he be playing?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Musty is another notable non invite. Not a fan of the OHL guys it seems between him and Brzustewicz.

I’d imagine both guys would slot lower in the lineup even if you didn’t get caught up in archetypes, probably wouldn’t play the PP given the rest of the talent potentially there either. So that probably wasn’t happening right or wrong.

I will say at least up front the guys who do fit those bottom of the lineup archetypes do have some scoring pop at least (Terrance, Hayes, Nelson, Moore, etc.). They have a pretty good overall talent pool upfront with depth so it was to some degree idiot proof for them or at least more so than most years.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
If you’re a 5OV in your D+2 WJC and you’re not the one of the pre-tournament favorites for MVP, something went wrong. He should run over this tournament and be the leader in scoring.

It’s not a matter of should. I’m sure he will produce well, but he’s not the player you’re describing, so that’s not the bar I’m setting.

He’s not my idea of a 5th overall talent. He’s a support shooter who relies on rush chances or others giving him the puck on loop. “Dominant” is not how I’d describe his game, hatty or not. He's maybe the 3rd best player on his own BC team, and I’m sure Perreault-Smith-Leonard will be the top line for USA.

Honestly? I don’t even care what he does in a tournament. MVP or mild disappointment, it’s not changing my opinion. I’d rather see projectable growth in certain areas — here and at BC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad