WC: 2024 World Championship general discussion

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I see US as the favs.
I see Canada is being the favs once they add a few more guys officialy (and that could include some very good players!).
Swedes have a lot of great pieces and could easily win it too

That's the gold tier IMO

Finn's can always win gold but, this time, I'll put them with the Czechs for Tier 2 (medal hopefuls).

Tier 3 (can easily medal if things go well)
Slovakia, Swiss and Germany

I cannot see anyone else causing a stir so watch Latvia medal again (which would be great)!

Best goalies - Czech
Best forwards - US
Best D - US

Reactions: Jakub97

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Slovakia now has Fehervary and Cernak available.. if they both come that will be one great D core! Nemec, Fehervary and Cernak is a great start!

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
When it comes to relegation battle, which is just as interesting as the top fight i would say Uk and Kazakstan is most likely to get relegeted, but could end with France and Danmark , they dont have good rosters this year. Norway and Sweden are meh. 9th and 10th. Poland and Austria i find underated. Especially the poles. I think Poland beats France and Kazakstan and takes Sweden to OT.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
That would be the best d core in this tournament together with USAs
Swedes are going to have definitely better D core than us and thats saying without Hedman who might still come after today, USA same.

Swiss also might get Josi, which would be huge boost for them.

i would see our D core as 4th or 5th best even if Koch comes or not.

if we had our Ds from KHL, i would argue about top2-3.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Swedes are going to have definitely better D core than us and thats saying without Hedman who might still come after today, USA same.

I disagree. Slovaks Ds is better in their own zone than Swedish Ds. Alot better. Swedes have flair and offensive skills but its not like Slovakia has nothing of that. Rather take the D-core that is good in their own zone and offensive skilled (slovaks) than a d-core that is horrible in their own zone and offensive skilled (swedes).

• Haha
Reactions: kudla

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I disagree. Slovaks Ds is better in their own zone than Swedish Ds. Alot better. Swedes have flair and offensive skills but its not like Slovakia has nothing of that. Rather take the D-core that is good in their own zone and offensive skilled (slovaks) than a d-core that is horrible in their own zone and offensive skilled (swedes).

Omg, you are doing this shit again. And you wonder why people have you on their ignore list.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013

Just giving you some friendly advice you may not wanna feed the Ra ;)

I see US as the favs.
I see Canada is being the favs once they add a few more guys officialy (and that could include some very good players!).
Swedes have a lot of great pieces and could easily win it too

That's the gold tier IMO

Finn's can always win gold but, this time, I'll put them with the Czechs for Tier 2 (medal hopefuls).

Tier 3 (can easily medal if things go well)
Slovakia, Swiss and Germany

I cannot see anyone else causing a stir so watch Latvia medal again (which would be great)!

Best goalies - Czech
Best forwards - US
Best D - US
Not after Karlsson picks up the phone to his buddy in Tampa :)

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Team USA bringing a stacked team but the boys will be there on a hockey vacation, chasing hot Czech chics and bar hopping :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

I reckon Canada plays Sweden for gold.
USA vs Czech for bronze.

*Unless Finland gets lucky and gets some Dallas stars over to Praha :eek3::eek3:

Reactions: Czechboy

WayTooCold

Jun 9, 2023
For Finnish players it'll be just drinking beer and chasing cheap women.
We are heading to relegation round. Might even drop to B level.
Hopefully we stay in A level. The bar is set very low.

If the staff somehow stay sane this time. Maybe smt more is possible.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
For Finnish players it'll be just drinking beer and chasing cheap women.
We are heading to relegation round. Might even drop to B level.
Hopefully we stay in A level. The bar is set very low.

If the staff somehow stay sane this time. Maybe smt more is possible.
Drinking cheap beer and chasing hot women :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Just giving you some friendly advice you may not wanna feed the Ra ;)

Not after Karlsson picks up the phone to his buddy in Tampa :)
That would be amazing.. I hope it happens to be honest. Tired of watered down Skodas!

Reactions: EK47

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
women in Czechia are average at best, if you want hot women you need to come to Slovakia.

Czech beer on other hand is top.
I mean, can we not agree that Czech and Slovak woman are a notch above?lol

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
This is shaping up to the most exciting World Championships in some years. Maybe it's because NHL'ers will return to the Olympics that more players wanna go and showcase themselves, but also I'm sure the tournament being played in Prague is a big factor. It seemed to be the case last time the tournament was held there also, IIRC.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
This is shaping up to the most exciting World Championships in some years. Maybe it's because NHL'ers will return to the Olympics that more players wanna go and showcase themselves, but also I'm sure the tournament being played in Prague is a big factor. It seemed to be the case last time the tournament was held there also, IIRC.
The players love our beer.. their wives love our city.lol.

This one does feel like a pre covid tourney with some names. I love it.

Reactions: Jakub97

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010

This tournament needs a marquee kind of city to make it attractive to NHL players to come on what would otherwise be their time off. Places like Prague for example. Or Copenhagen, Stockholm, Paris, Vienna, Cologne, Zurich, Oslo etc. These are the kinds of places you could take your family with you too over the month of May and it would be a pretty attractive proposition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad