I want the Pens to…

• … keep the 2024 1st-round-pick (8-12)

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • … keep the 2025 1st-round-pick (1-32)

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I fully expect Sid to take a notable step back points-wise next year due to age and the loss of a Jake-caliber guy on his line, putting his PPG streak in jeopardy and with that, dramatically affecting this team's ability to win games.

It's a definite possibility that this team's right back here next year with a lotto pick, if not entirely expected. Particularly so if Sid gets a significant injury, which he's managed to evade for a few years.

Unless this team gets pretty lucky in the lotto, I think the right course of action is to give this year's pick to SJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaosAgent

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
We play Columbus back to back coming up but our April schedule is absolutely brutal. Apart from the Devils we play nothing but teams that are in the playoffs or fighting hard to be, and the Devils also always seem to beat us anyways.

Curious how it all plays out. Sid seems to be heating up a bit again and seems to be done pouting about Jake leaving so maybe this team actually puts together a decent record in April despite their schedule.

I still hope we keep the pick. I want all the pressure on Mike Sullivan next year so that if the team sucks again Dubas has no choice but to fire him lest he face the embarrassment of giving San Jose a top pick. If the Pens give SJ their pick this year there is no such pressure on Sullivan next year.

Reactions: Rudy Russo

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
We play Columbus back to back coming up but our April schedule is absolutely brutal. Apart from the Devils we play nothing but teams that are in the playoffs or fighting hard to be, and the Devils also always seem to beat us anyways.

Curious how it all plays out. Sid seems to be heating up a bit again and seems to be done pouting about Jake leaving so maybe this team actually puts together a decent record in April despite their schedule.

I still hope we keep the pick. I want all the pressure on Mike Sullivan next year so that if the team sucks again Dubas has no choice but to fire him lest he face the embarrassment of giving San Jose a top pick. If the Pens give SJ their pick this year there is no such pressure on Sullivan next year.

Sid scored on winning a faceoff and 2 empty netters yesterday. It was the ultimate accumulation game...let's see how Thursday goes.

Reactions: Pancakes

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
With the "Russian Factor", there's always a chance a player like Demidov falls to where we'd be picking.

That'd be a hell of a skill injection to the pool, even if he can't make the leap until 2025.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I wouldn't target Demidov. Would rather add Lindstrom if we are hoping for players to drop.
Yeah, he'd also add something the pool could sorely use.

But some scouts suggesting Demidov is "the most creative, dynamic, and skillful puck handler we’ve seen since at least Jack Hughes" is too good for me to pass up. We haven't picked a dazzler like that since Malkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad