2024 Outdoor Game at Metlife Stadium involving NJDevils/Philly Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Everyone was obnoxious pushing for a black jersey, so that's why they went with black. Just way more options for beautiful unique jerseys leveraging the green instead.

the worst part was 'selling' a tribute to the bulldogs team of such a f***ing storied history of one shit-tastic season......all the while oblivious to the fact that the hawks wore the exact same thing in the millionth outdoor game they played in 2019

the black was lazy and passed quality control somehow

Last edited:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
If you thought that making an insinuation about the upper bowl was meant to be interpreted another way that's fine. I have no desire to decode whatever you think you were saying, I just read it and that's how the written language works.

I can't be bothered to respond to half of the rest this nonsense but I hate to tell you, pilates is exercise, not a gym. If you didn't understand what I meant the first time by context clues that's not my fault.

The Devils fan was a drunk idiot from what I can tell by that short clip. A coward? That's a motherf***er who sneaks someone from behind. At least the dickhead in the red looked him in the eyes.

Drop him in 20 seconds my ass. He waited until the guy was walking away. Throw hands. You know. Like you do at a gym not some faux version of downward facing dog.

I'm also entirely sure you don't know what the term victim blaming means.

You do realize there was a genuine victim during this game and it was a black man who works for the team that absolutely no one stood up for. Which btw you have not addressed once. But nah, let's keep arguing about the dummy white guys.

It's not a "sleeper choke" btw, it's a rear naked. And the problem is he caught him on the trachea, not his cartoid artery. But you wouldn't know much about that would you stretching person?

And machismo my ass, I stated quite early on itt that I'm not a tough guy. Just because I'm not impervious to violence doesn't mean that it's not warranted at times nor that I'm incapable.

Funny, you never addressed a bunch of other violent situations I mentioned.

Edit: watched that video again and the kid in the red who looked to be all of about 22 was the man and chased after that coward f***. I hope he caught him in a very nice, calm, and sleeper-ish hold in the concourse.

I was responding directly to the video of the Rangers/Devils fan which I’ve never seen before.

It got a response from me because it was completely new to me. (People were discussing it a while before I saw it so I probably had more curiosity about it than it deserved.) I was also responding to someone else’s comments, that’s how conversations work.

I saw the Woo Crew sucker punch video on social media the night it happened, discussed in real life and on social media.

So no, I didn’t feel any need or desire to discuss it with you in particular.

It was awful, but I haven’t heard any new information, past the Devils “searching for information” right after the incident. It wasn’t reported to the police so nothing might happen, which really sucks.

You seem to think I have some emotional investment in that Rangers fan or I’m a fan of people using chokeholds in this sort of situation, because I described what happened, and don’t particularly sympathize with the Devils fan who was picking the fight.

You’re wrong, but I don’t really care at this point and also don’t have any interest in discussing this with you.

I can guess why you’ve found yourself in a lot of fights in the past, you want fight about everything. I don’t come here to engage with endless antagonism, so try to chill out. It’s the f***ing off-season.

I don’t have address anything and don’t plan to.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I was responding directly to the video of the Rangers/Devils fan which I’ve never seen before.

It got a response from me because it was completely new to me. (People were discussing it a while before I saw it so I probably had more curiosity about it than it deserved.) I was also responding to someone else’s comments, that’s how conversations work.

I saw the Woo Crew sucker punch video on social media the night it happened, discussed in real life and on social media.

So no, I didn’t feel any need or desire to discuss it with you in particular.

It was awful, but I haven’t heard any new information, past the Devils “searching for information” right after the incident. It wasn’t reported to the police so nothing might happen, which really sucks.

You seem to think I have some emotional investment in that Rangers fan or I’m a fan of people using chokeholds in this sort of situation, because I described what happened, and don’t particularly sympathize with the Devils fan who was picking the fight.

You’re wrong, but I don’t really care at this point and also don’t have any interest in discussing this with you.

I can guess why you’ve found yourself in a lot of fights in the past, you want fight about everything. I don’t come here to engage with endless antagonism, so try to chill out. It’s the f***ing off-season.

I don’t have address anything and don’t plan to.
You seem to have an awful lot to say to someone whom you felt the need to tell no fewer than 3 times that you're uninterested in speaking with.

No need to guess as to why I've been in fights; verbal, physical, or otherwise. You get used to it once you’ve been the places I've been for long enough. And I'm not ashamed of that, no matter how much you're poking fun. Honestly? I'd have to think for a minute to find a man i know who hasnt been in a physical confrontation. I mean, we're all hockey fans, are we not? Violence, retribution, elegance, it's all a part of the deal. Some more educated than others I suppose.

I'm aware you're probably from a place like Glen Rock or Cranford or Middletown or some other random place where even as a minority conflict wasn't really on the menu, but too bad. Life doesn't reward you for being mistaken, contrarian, or generally misguided.

Take that as you will and enjoy sitting in your seats with trash blue yelling all around you while you wallow in it, just one more time.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Tailgating for a hockey game at the ol' Meadowlands.

I can't f***ing wait.

I'm aware you're probably from a place like Glen Rock or Cranford or Middletown or some other random place where even as a minority conflict wasn't really on the menu, but too bad. Life doesn't reward you for being mistaken, contrarian, or generally misguided.

I'm not involved in this, but as someone raised by a Hispanic mom literally two towns over from Glen Rock in "that part" of Bergen County who now [by choice] lives in an extremely diverse, working class part of Middlesex County, I'd be careful with hurling shit like this at people you don't know in real life.

We're all Devils fans here. Chill the f*** out.

Last edited:

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Tailgating for a hockey game at the ol' Meadowlands.

I can't f***ing wait.

I'm not involved in this, but as someone raised by a Hispanic mom literally two towns over from Glen Rock in "that part" of Bergen County who now [by choice] lives in an extremely diverse, working class part of Middlesex County, I'd be careful with hurling shit like this at people you don't know in real life.

We're all Devils fans here. Chill the f*** out.
I said Glen Rock because I have a pretty good idea of who I'm speaking to. And it ain't a Puerto Rican from Teaneck.

If you're from 2 towns over you know exactly the kind of privilege I'm talking about.

And as someone who actively chose to reside in the most diverse place on the planet as well as on one of the most diverse blocks decades ago, I'll say what I want thank you very much.

Also, us all being Devils fans has been a fair amount of my point the whole time.

Last edited:

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I said Glen Rock because I have a pretty good idea of who I'm speaking to. And it ain't a Puerto Rican from Teaneck.

If you're from 2 towns over you know exactly the kind of privilege I'm talking about.

And as someone who actively chose to reside in the most diverse place on the planet as well as on one of the most diverse blocks decades ago, I'll say what I want thank you very much.

Also, us all being Devils fans has been a fair amount of my point the whole time.

Do I?

Two towns over from Glen Rock can be Wyckoff or Ho-Ho-Kus, or it can be literally be f***ing Paterson. :laugh:

You should know that it's pretty common in this state to only drive like ten minutes (due to decades of redlining and systemic marginalization of minority communites but that is way too political for this context even though it's like, super well-documented) and be completely surrounded by different zoning/land uses and demographics from where you started. Drive only ten minutes south on Maple Avenue from Downtown Glen Rock and let me know where that leads. Or, (another example from my own life) drive to Seton Hall: Within five minutes of a left out of the main gate, you're driving up South Mountain into West Orange and Livingston; and within five minutes of a right out of the gate, you're in Vailsburg.

I really am befuddled by how defensive you got and feeling a need to one-up and invalidate someone else's experience relocating from Bergen to Middlesex re: choosing to live in a more diverse part of the state just for offering my own perspective and after prefacing with "I'm not involved in this, but..."

Anyway you can say whatever you want, Ace. Go Devils.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You seem to have an awful lot to say to someone whom you felt the need to tell no fewer than 3 times that you're uninterested in speaking with.

No need to guess as to why I've been in fights; verbal, physical, or otherwise. You get used to it once you’ve been the places I've been for long enough. And I'm not ashamed of that, no matter how much you're poking fun. Honestly? I'd have to think for a minute to find a man i know who hasnt been in a physical confrontation. I mean, we're all hockey fans, are we not? Violence, retribution, elegance, it's all a part of the deal. Some more educated than others I suppose.

Take that as you will and enjoy sitting in your seats with trash blue yelling all around you while you wallow in it, just one more time.

I’ve never come across a single man who’s been in multiple physical altercations in arenas/stadiums until you. Not in real life or on this board or anywhere else on the internet.

You don’t seem to understand that fighting in arenas is wrong, except in cases of self-defense.

That you can de-escalate instead of thinking you’re drunk Batman (team Devils division).

That’s the issue. I’m going by what you say.

It was a choke hold that caused him to lose consciousness. It did what it was supposed to. It’s deadly force. I said the Devils fan wasn’t expecting that, or he wouldn’t have thrown beer in his face. Which is all true. You’re the one who keeps going on this MMA tangent about it, not me.

You’re take on the whole thing, in my opinion, is bad. The Devils fan “looked him the eye”? WTF? You seem to think there’s some honor in any of this shit. There’s zero. It’s all terrible judgement.

Humiliating another man by throwing a beer in his face is wrong. Physically assaulting someone because you’re pissed at them is wrong.

You defend physical violence even when it’s done for dumb f***ing reasons. You seem to think hitting someone makes things all better.

Yeah, we disagree on this.

Reactions: Billdo

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
OK I admit I needed a little more context, and now that I have it, I'm doubling-down on my last post. :laugh:

You’re take on the whole thing, in my opinion, is bad. The Devils fan “looked him the eye”? WTF? You seem to think there’s some honor in any of this shit. There’s zero. It’s all terrible judgement.

Humiliating another man by throwing a beer in his face is wrong. Physically assaulting someone because you’re pissed at them is wrong.

You defend physical violence even when it’s done for dumb f***ing reasons. You seem to think hitting someone makes things all better.

lol what the f***? "looked him in the eye?!"

wtf is this gang shit? :laugh:

It's f***ing Devils/Rangers. Not the Bloods and Crips.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
the worst part was 'selling' a tribute to the bulldogs team of such a f***ing storied history of one shit-tastic season......all the while oblivious to the fact that the hawks wore the exact same thing in the millionth outdoor game they played in 2019

the black was lazy and passed quality control somehow

I'm just excited that a post-Lou outdoor game almost certainly means we'll get some crazy special one-off uniform on acid for us to add to our collections. I can't wait.

If the front crest is not simply an outline of the state, I will be a little disappointed, but that's just me.

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
OK I admit I needed a little more context, and now that I have it, I'm doubling-down on my last post. :laugh:

lol what the f***? "looked him in the eye?!"

wtf is this gang shit? :laugh:

It's f***ing Devils/Rangers. Not the Bloods and Crips.

Yep.

“And that "coward devils fan" at least looked him in the eyes.”

I will say I was hanging out with my brother a couple of nights ago (the legendary Jerry Gigantic!) and showed him some of the earlier posts (again, this is first time I’ve come across some one bragging about multiple fights in arenas).

He did enjoy this:

“I earned most of my scars through virtue and I'd bet not one person - friend or foe - would besmirch me in regards to the discussion at hand.”

Sorry, I know guys who have done crazy dumb shit when they were young, and own it, and this isn’t that. This is smelling your own farts and telling everyone else how amazing they are.

Reactions: New Jersey

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I’ve never come across a single man who’s been in multiple physical altercations in arenas/stadiums until you. Not in real life or on this board or anywhere else on the internet.

You don’t seem to understand that fighting in arenas is wrong, except in cases of self-defense.

That you can de-escalate instead of thinking you’re drunk Batman (team Devils division).

That’s the issue. I’m going by what you say.

It was a choke hold that caused him to lose consciousness. It did what it was supposed to. It’s deadly force. I said the Devils fan wasn’t expecting that, or he wouldn’t have thrown beer in his face. Which is all true. You’re the one who keeps going on this MMA tangent about it, not me.

I've actually been in two, both of which were breaking up fights, and both of which, somehow, involved a Devils fan on crutches being hammered by a fan of an opposing team.

Reactions: Guttersniped

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

1685641475274.gif

Reactions: Guttersniped

Guttersniped

Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I've actually been in two, both of which were breaking up fights, and both of which, somehow, involved a Devils fan on crutches being hammered by a fan of an opposing team.

Context matters. Breaking up fights can count as de-escalation.

It makes even more sense because we know that you’re approximately 8 feet tall.

Even with his stories, I’m not interested in judging people. People get angry, make mistakes, particularly when young or drunk or both. Things can get chaotic.

But there’s definitely a real implication in his stance that people needed to punch Rangers fans in retaliation, and that hitting them back would have been a good thing that would have made things better. The “standing up for other Devils fans” stuff.

Senseless violence is senseless. It’s not honorable. It’s not a good idea.

Reactions: Nubmer6 and My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lmaoooo I’m f***ing dying reading the last two pages. Peak offseason content.

My Monmouth County privileged ass would put out mostly anyone in five seconds as a last resort if needed with my particular training. But I don’t need to post paragraphs about that, or my history. The loud one’s who do, who always talk a big game, yeah, that’s normally all it is when things get real.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Lmaoooo I’m f***ing dying reading the last two pages. Peak offseason content.

My Monmouth County privileged ass would put out mostly anyone in five seconds as a last resort if needed with my particular training. But I don’t need to post paragraphs about that, or my history. The loud one’s who do, who always talk a big game, yeah, that’s normally all it is when things get real.
Well then you're not as tough, duh. If you don't talk about you can't be about it. You're too privileged anyway, cake eater.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the only real way to settle this is to schedule a board-wide fight at championship plaza, winner gets bragging rights and unquestionable "badass" status to throw around the board as they see fit

i'm busy the weekends of june 17, july 4 weekend and august 26th but other than that im free, let's try to nail something down so i can get it in my calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad