Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

Seems like too much of a pattern now for me to say it's Eliot Wolf who is sitting on the money...

I did laugh at the "we have NFL receivers" comment. Well yes, every team in the NFL has NFL receivers. What happened to weaponizing the offense? Eliot learned lesson #1 under Bob Kraft. Weaponizing the offense costs money.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I've come to the conclusion that I don't care who they take at QB. None of us really know a damn thing about who will be better. If evaluators across the league are debating between Drake Maye/JJ McCarthy then whatever. It's your job to develop that QB and build a team around him. The organization failed miserably at both with Mac Jones. #ThankYouBill

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I've come to the conclusion that I don't care who they take at QB. None of us really know a damn thing about who will be better. If evaluators across the league are debating between Drake Maye/JJ McCarthy then whatever. It's your job to develop that QB and build a team around him. The organization failed miserably at both with Mac Jones. #ThankYouBill

The general consensus, though obviously not everyone, has Maye way above McCarthy as a prospect.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Daniels agent has been liking anti-Washington tweets and Adam Schefter backtracked on his comment that Washington fans can safely buy their Jayden Daniels jerseys. Market is always going to shift when there's value in betting odds.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I saw some insider say the broncos would be willing give up a kings ransom for pick 3 (Patrick Surtain Jr, pick 12, future 1st)

I’d def consider that

Reactions: sarge88

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Why am I only just now learning that the pick that SF used to take Jerry Rice in 1985 originally belonged to the Patriots and they traded down for a late 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and whiffed on all three?

Reactions: sarge88

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I saw some insider say the broncos would be willing give up a kings ransom for pick 3 (Patrick Surtain Jr, pick 12, future 1st)

I’d def consider that

No no no no no no no no no no no no.

I typed all those out by hand. No copy and paste. Even if Maye goes second I'd need way more than that to move a pick multiple teams are desperate to grab.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

I’d def consider that
I’d prefer a hypothetical Vikings package of 11, Jefferson + another 1st if that’s the route they choose. I’d prefer the young QB at 3

Reactions: HustleB

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
In 5 years, there's like a 95% chance we'll conclude that none of these QBs was worth a top 3 pick.
Where are you pulling 95% from? Is that backed up by historical draft data? That seems like an extreme number. To the point where I would say f it, don't bother trying to identify the one that will work out and either trade down or pick a "safer" position. I guess the beauty of picking 3rd or 4th is two of the guys have already been taken and you're choosing between two lottery tickets compared to four.

Reactions: EverettMike

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Y'all realize that Justin Jefferson is a free agent after this season, and he may or may not be interested in sticking around through a rebuilding project... right?
I do. I also realize the most money is usually matters more to free agents.

Take the young QB. I’ll be glad when this nonsense is over next weekend. Then we can bash the team for taking the wrong QB

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This is the most Boston thing ever.

It's like arguing with your wife - no matter what you say, you're going to be wrong.

If they draft Maye and he blows I won't fault them.

If they take Daniels, who I think will be a bust, I won't actually fault them either. The talent and potential is worth the risk.

If they take McCarthy and he's not better than both of those guys I'm going to hold it against them for the rest of my life.*

*This will be two minutes at most because I'll drop dead after hearing them call his name at 3

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
If they draft Maye and he blows I won't fault them.

If they take Daniels, who I think will be a bust, I won't actually fault them either. The talent and potential is worth the risk.

If they take McCarthy and he's not better than both of those guys I'm going to hold it against them for the rest of my life.*

*This will be two minutes at most because I'll drop dead after hearing them call his name at 3

Unfortunately the hospital we’re in will probably save you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad