Patriots/NFL 2024 Off Season: Free Agency, Draft Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
The more tape I watch Maye vs JJ and listening to football shows, Maye has way more upside vs JJ.
He is bigger / stronger / more athletic and has a stronger arm vs JJ.
JJ to me looks slightly better than Mac Jones did coming out of College.
Both ran a pro style offence. JJ was not asked to do to much this season.
Aside from the national championship against Alabama:

10 games vs non ranked teams

4 games against ranked teams

19 total tds thrown for the season

• 18 against non ranked teams
  • 1 against ranked teams
Ave yds per game against ranked teams – 124

He was sheltered in those games with a superior running game.

We would be crazy to take JJ over Maye IMO, hopefully we get Maye or Daniels.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Let's run it back with Brady and Gronk for one more year, use #3 on MHJ or Fashanu to shore up the offense. LFG

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan

I think that, once the autopsy is done and his brain is examined by Bennett Omalu and the people at BU Brain Bank, we will finally get the answer for why OJ did what he did in 1994. I have had a sneaking suspicion that Simpson had grade four CTE. A lot of that is informed by people that study brains with CTE who have speculated that Simpson has at least Grade 3 based on certain cognitive hitches he's displayed in public interviews, as well as the way his behavior is similar to other Grade 3 and 4 cases like Tommy Nobis and Aaron Hernandez, although Hernandez is a unique case unto himself. Not saying it justifies what he did because it doesn't...but it would explain a lot and fit with some of the things he wrote, as much as he tried to legally side step it, in If I Did It. It would also follow similar cases like that of Jovan Belcher and Phillip Adams.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Three QB invited and will attend draft

Caleb Williams
Jayden Daniels
Drake Maye

Reactions: bbfan419

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

Attachments

• 1519037440-giphy.gif
    1519037440-giphy.gif
    819.9 KB · Views: 1

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The Daniels love still confuses me. His arm talent is nothing special, he's not built like you want an nfl qb to be and he's not got the shiftiness that someone like Lamar has to avoid hits. It took until his 5th season of starting to put anything together that made him a first round pick and he had a great o-line with two first round wr on his roster. Daniels either took a sack or scrambled on 51.9% of passing plays this season, with a pressure to sack ratio higher than any of the dual threat qbs that have succeeded in the nfl recently had in college. He also rarely throws the ball away.

Lamar Jackson being as good as he has after being overlooked by most of the league, is going to get a bunch of Tyrod Taylor's drafted earlier than they should be.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The Daniels love still confuses me. His arm talent is nothing special, he's not built like you want an nfl qb to be and he's not got the shiftiness that someone like Lamar has to avoid hits. It took until his 5th season of starting to put anything together that made him a first round pick and he had a great o-line with two first round wr on his roster. Daniels either took a sack or scrambled on 51.9% of passing plays this season, with a pressure to sack ratio higher than any of the dual threat qbs that have succeeded in the nfl recently had in college. He also rarely throws the ball away.

Lamar Jackson being as good as he has after being overlooked by most of the league, is going to get a bunch of Tyrod Taylor's drafted earlier than they should be.
People are assuming that he fills out like Lamar did after college to be able to bounce off tacklers, when Lamar's development was the exception rather than the rule.

As of now, Daniels is undersized and NFL linebackers will murder him.

For every raw talent running QB who develops like Lamar, you get 10 Tyrod Taylors. Which doesn't mean he's bad or won't start in the lead, but you don't take him at 2 over Maye, Harrison, Alt, etc.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm just going to say it...

I wouldn't hate it if they took McCarthy at #3.

I like Maye better, but not by so much that it would enter "fatal heart attack" territory for me.
My heart will sink into my stomach for a couple moments but I’d survive

PatriceBergeron

Apr 7, 2014
MA
Mac Jones was a better college player than JJ McCarthy. If they take McCarthy they have learned nothing.

If you’re going to surround the offense with garbage your only chance is to take the high upside player and hope his talent carries the team.

The reality is they would both probably suck on this team, but at least Drake Maye gives you a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad