GDT: 2024 NHL trade deadline 3/8/24 3pm eastern time (Sell everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
Two things I am hoping for this trade deadline:

1) Weaponizing cap space for assets
2) Packaging later picks with assets to move up

I agree with most that we don't have many guys that will get high picks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see us move those guys along with later picks for a higher pick (like adding a 3rd or a 4th with someone to get a 2nd round pick back). KD has talked about the amount of assets he has accumulated, and at some point you can't just keep adding more and more draft picks. I hope part of the plan on that front is instead of increasing the number of draft picks, to simply try to use the assets we have to improve the position of those picks.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The only way cap space is valuable is if Hawk eat part of a multi-year contract at this TDL

Retaining as 3rd party for remainder of this year will not get much back as shown by Canes involvement as 3rd party in Leafs/Ducks/Canes trade

Reactions: Drumman44

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Two things I am hoping for this trade deadline:

1) Weaponizing cap space for assets
2) Packaging later picks with assets to move up
They don’t really have any later picks at the moment. May recoup some but I think with the way they’ve traded, they’re prioritizing quality over quantity by including later picks as part of the packages going back the other way. Not a bad strategy as too many picks creates a logjam when you only have so many spots in Rockford.

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
They don’t really have any later picks at the moment. May recoup some but I think with the way they’ve traded, they’re prioritizing quality over quantity by including later picks as part of the packages going back the other way. Not a bad strategy as too many picks creates a logjam when you only have so many spots in Rockford.

They have Ottawa's 3rd this year as well as their 4th in 2026 and the Rangers 4th in 2025. Those would be the picks I wold be hopeful they could move along with another asset to get more 2nd round picks.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
He'll want another pick in the 100-150 range since he doesn't have a 4th or 5th. I could see a retention deal for a 5th for Johnson but that's all I expect to see.

I don't see a plausible scenario (without 4 yr retention) that lands a pick in the top 40 or good prospect without a pile of picks going back the other way.

With a 21 game losing streak on the road, we can't even hope for a Richardson trade.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014
Has there been any updates on Murphy injury?

Not that i think there is a much of a market for him at this point if healthy
he went back for a 2nd opinion about 10 days ago. he skated 2 weeks ago non contact but only for 1 day. its to bad. maybe he can come back this year and then move him in the off season since the RD free agents will get terrible over paid (cap going up and lack of players) But he needs to get back on the ice and Im guessing there would be some type of reduction of return if he does not play 60% of games or something. he gets hurt every year. in his 7 years in Chicago he has only played over 60 games twice his first year and last year. brutal. he wont this year of course.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah not to be a stick in the mud but HF has been posting pro-scout sightings for years now and it rarely amounts to anything. Unless you're the Bowman/Kelley Blackhawks, most teams have a good pro-scouting presence.

These scout notices don't move the needle for me

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Penguins hopeful to have Guentzel trade done tomorrow
How is Guentzel not an option for Chicago?
Asking price is reportedly a 1st, roster player and a prospect…

How about TBs 1st, Lukas Reichel and Michal Teply for an extended Jake Guentzel? 3 yr $8 million per($9, $8 and $7 million a season) cap hit

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
How is Guentzel not an option for Chicago?
Asking price is reportedly a 1st, roster player and a prospect…

How about TBs 1st, Lukas Reichel and Michal Teply for an extended Jake Guentzel? 3 yr $8 million per($9, $8 and $7 million a season) cap hit
Hawks aren’t ready for that. Also Jake Guentzel isn’t signing that extension.

Reactions: ClydeLee and Giovi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad