GDT: 2024 NHL trade deadline 3/8/24 3pm eastern time (Sell everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Dickinson and Blackwell should have some teams interested. Problem is the team is already so bad I'm not sure how you justify losing two of your better forwards. Got to start winning at some point or you end up where Buffalo is.
I'd be much more interested in another Zaitsev type move.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Dickinson and Blackwell should have some teams interested. Problem is the team is already so bad I'm not sure how you justify losing two of your better forwards. Got to start winning at some point or you end up where Buffalo is.
I'd be much more interested in another Zaitsev type move.
Dickinson just got paid. He's not going anywhere.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Lukas Reichel might be a goner…

Not a Davidson pick, pending RFA, two factors that do not bode well for any Blackhawks player…

Same with Mackenzie Entwistle and Tyler Johnson

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Lukas Reichel might be a goner…

Not a Davidson pick, pending RFA, two factors that do not bode well for any Blackhawks player…

Same with Mackenzie Entwistle and Tyler Johnson

Johnson is as good as gone. He’s not going to fetch a haul, but he’s solid depth that can play center if necessary. That has value.

I imagine most of Chicago’s activity will be as the 2nd team holding salary on 3-way deals.

I dont see the benefit of selling low on Reichel. I understand he’s not a Davidson guy, but he wont be expensive to sign as an RFA, and even if he ends up a 3rd liner, thats still one more piece we dont have to acquire.

If he’s part of a package for something huge, then great. But I doubt he just gets shipped off for more picks at this point.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Johnson is as good as gone. He’s not going to fetch a haul, but he’s solid depth that can play center if necessary. That has value.

I imagine most of Chicago’s activity will be as the 2nd team holding salary on 3-way deals.

I dont see the benefit of selling low on Reichel. I understand he’s not a Davidson guy, but he wont be expensive to sign as an RFA, and even if he ends up a 3rd liner, thats still one more piece we dont have to acquire.

If he’s part of a package for something huge, then great. But I doubt he just gets shipped off for more picks at this point.
Reichel needs to go in a same for same type deal…a la, Ladd for Ruutu trade

Reactions: Pez68

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Reichel needs to go in a same for same type deal…a la, Ladd for Ruutu trade
Ladd and Ruutu were basically finished products when they were traded. Trading Reichel like-for-like means getting another prospect of similar perceived value.

Aside from the recent Philly/Anaheim trade pushed by the prospect, the last big example I can think of was Hodgson for Kassian… which turned into a lose-lose.

You have any names in mind?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Vancouver doesn't have much Cup experience on their roster. I can see them trading for Tyler Johnson who can play pretty much anywhere and bring that Stanley Cup winning leadership and experience. Compensation would depend on how much salary the Hawks eat, but I could see a 4th or 5th......other than that, maybe Blackwell if your 4th line is depleted......there isn't much coming back our way in all likelihood, unfortunately.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I’ve got some serious FOMO this deadline. No one on the radar to acquire and no one on the roster worth much for another team

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
If I were a betting man, I'm betting on nobody on the Hawks returning shit.
Yeah Tyjo and/or Blackwell returning like a 3rd round pick each is probably the best we can hope for.

Luckily the next 3 drafts look like this:
1709524005560.png

So its kind of whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad