Native American woman who worked as cultural advisor to Blackhawks sues team for sex harassment, fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Same for this woman. Who is a professional victim, it's basically her job to cry racism on everything. With out the constant victimization all those sweet high paying DEI jobs wouldn't be needed. Which is why they have to keep it in the public's constant minds instead of solutions. If you ask the majority of Indians/Native Americans, they don't care or are proud of it. You go to a reservation you see those teams logos all over.

What about Notre Dame or the Minnesota Vikings and so on?
Keep reading
Remind me when we killed 50 million Irish or vikings after taking their land

Again i don't really care about the names or logos personally

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
While we're at it, let's also change Nashville's name. Predators is ominous-sounding and makes me feel extremely uncomfortable!
Hm, okay.

Now:
-- take a commonly used word for your own nationality / cultural group / language group / 'racial' group
-- move to a foreign country where your group is a tiny minority and is economically and socially repressed to the point of near genocide and mass poverty
-- see the majority group that economically and socially represses you take your group name and use it as the name of a million-dollar profiting sports franchise (of which your group gets nothing)
-- ask the academics and cultural leaders of your minority group how they feel about it

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
How so?

You prefer the portrait of him dressed like a stately white man?

180px-Black_Hawk_illustration_from_old_book.jpg

Is this statue offensive to you, too?

800px-Black_hawk_statue.jpg
You can see this statue while of modest overall quality does at least attempt to portray his features correctly. The Blackhawks logo does not do that.

220px-Chief_Black_Hawk3.jpg

Geoist

May 1, 2015
You can see this statue while of modest overall quality does at least attempt to portray his features correctly. The Blackhawks logo does not do that.

220px-Chief_Black_Hawk3.jpg

Whether the features are totally accurate or not, what is it about the logo that makes it offensive?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Whether the features are totally accurate or not, what is it about the logo that makes it offensive?
The same as a generic caricature of a black man representing Frederick Douglass or any white dude portrait serving as George Washington.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Since the Hawks got rid of their mascot, Chief Slap-a-pucka, I don't think a claim of offensive use of native culture is reasonable.

• Haha
Reactions: swerdnase

Geoist

May 1, 2015
The same as a generic caricature of a black man representing Frederick Douglass or any white dude portrait serving as George Washington.

So any drawing or depiction of any generic person has to be a caricature? Every drawing has to be of a specific person and has to be as close to their likeness as possible?

As I stated previously, I don't see how it's a caricature. I've always seen caricatures as depictions mocking other ethnicities/races usually through exaggerated physical features or other characteristics/stereotypes.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
I see just as many people in here calling her a liar...without due process.
Then she should call the cops.

the organization immediately conducted a thorough investigation with the assistance of outside counsel, including interviews with internal and external parties, and review of pertinent materials and digital records. Based on the information available to us, we found insufficient evidence to substantiate her claims. Of note, the persons identified by Ms. Sanders in your question are not, and have never been, independent contractors with nor employees of the Chicago Blackhawks.”

What else can the Hawks do? They took her seriously. They had an investigation done. The investigation found what it found. She got the due process she deserved given the route she took.

Her job was to build a bridge to the First Nation Communities not change the logo. The Hawks and those communities found common ground. She doesn’t speak for those communities.

Her contract ran out. The Hawks didn’t feel they were getting enough value from her. Instead of not renewing her previous contract they offered her a new job. This job required her work out of an office and be held accountable to her measurable results. That’s where the problems came.

There might be more to this. But for the information given it’s hard to think she is going to win this one.

Can you give an example? People are pointing at Chicago’s previous allegations which is a fair point, and others are saying she’s looking for a pay day which also may be true.
Patrick Kane rape case. Remember? When he was charged with rape by a lunatic and so many SJWs jumped on it because he once punched a cab driver so he must be a rapist too!

Reactions: Channelcat

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Then she should call the cops.

the organization immediately conducted a thorough investigation with the assistance of outside counsel, including interviews with internal and external parties, and review of pertinent materials and digital records. Based on the information available to us, we found insufficient evidence to substantiate her claims. Of note, the persons identified by Ms. Sanders in your question are not, and have never been, independent contractors with nor employees of the Chicago Blackhawks.”

What else can the Hawks do? They took her seriously. They had an investigation done. The investigation found what it found. She got the due process she deserved given the route she took.

We're talking about "due process" as in a legal process. She's suing, that's the process we've been talking about. Not the organization's own internal investigation.

There might be more to this. But for the information given it’s hard to think she is going to win this one.

I don't necessarily disagree, but that's beside the point that I was making.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
This garbage organization known as the Chicago Blackhawks should have lost multiple first round picks. I’m talking 4-5 of them starting with the 2023 first so they wouldn’t have an opportunity to draft Bedard. There’s a new sexual assault scandal every few months for these guys. The league can still somewhat rectify it by taking their next 5-6 1sts including the 2024 2nd overall. This would be the punishment for all of the scandals combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad