2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006
I think Yakemchuk is the oldest 1st time eligible player in the draft. His Bday is 9/26 and the cutoff is 9/15 so he barely missed the 2023 draft.
Hey it worked drafting Ovechkin as an "old kid" in his draft year. AO missed the previous draft by 2 days. Florida even tried to draft him the previous year (was denied) claiming that if took away the 4 days for leap years he would be eligible.

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I’ll go on record for Demidov. Take the game-changer and sort it out afterwards.

Exactly. He’s one of the few prospects in this draft that could truly be a star.

(I could see levshunov and Lindstrom in that category too)

Lindstrom injury stuff scares the crap out of me. Levshunov/Demidov are my preferences. However, there are several players that I would be “ok” with at 2.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So we are down to last 3 games for the Hawks and I ran the Tankathon NHL Draft Simulatorcagain= 10 th try of 12xtries in my experiment I started with 12GR

So the result for this try was Hawks stayed in 2nd.

So so far now after te lotto sim 10 tries

1st once
2nd 3times
3rd 3times
4th 3 times

2 more attempts to come (11th attempt before 2nd last game and 12 th attempt before last game).

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
So we are down to last 3 games for the Hawks and I ran the Tankathon NHL Draft Simulatorcagain= 10 th try of 12xtries in my experiment I started with 12GR

1st once
2nd 3times
3rd 3times
4th 3 times

2 more attempts to come (11th attempt before 2nd last game and 12 th attempt before last game).
Man are the Hawks lucky you're running these simulations 50! Not sure how they'd manage otherwsie ... not to mentions us fans!
Que sera sera and we will get a top 4 pick!

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
19 games left :
Kings x 3 = 2 p
Sharks x 2 = 2 pts
Ducks x 2 = 2 pts
Capitals, Coyotes, Flames, Senators. Flyers, Islanders, Stars, Wild, Blues, Preds, Hurricanes and Golden Knights all x 1 = 12 pts

18 points for a total of 55 points at the end of the season.
This could easily drop down to somewhere in the 48 - 52 point range
Last year it was 58 - 59 - 59 - 60 for Anaheim, Columbus, Chicago and San Jose
It's going to be close ... from tankathon the Hawks have 8 games left against tougher competition vs 5 for San Jose. They each have 8 games against easier competition ( though this is arguable considering we're talking about the two worse teams! ) and 3 and 7 for Chicago and San Jose not relegated to tougher or easier so we can assume more equal competition.
The above favours the Hawks slightly so at least we're in the running for the top odds for MC.
The games have to be played but we are at least guaranteed to get pick 3 or 4 with a good chance at #1!
Well looks like it'll end up being close here but I think the Hawks will fall short of the 55 points I predicted with 19 games left but maybe right on with the 52 top end of the lower spread. With the Canes, Knights and Kings as our final 3 opponents I can maybe see a 53 point finish if we're lucky.

Happyhary9

Jul 11, 2006

1st once
2nd 3times
3rd 3times
4th 3 times

Ran it a million times just for you. Here is the results in percentage for every team.
chrome_screenshot_Apr 13, 2024 7_44_11 AM PDT.png

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So should Hawks go on a miracukiurx3-0run lastc3 games winnibgvin regulation and ABH loses their final 2 in regulationtion woukd bectied in points and inRegulation wins and ROW ...so what is tge next tie-breaker?

Is it headcto head ponts ...is it best goal differential of the 2 teams...is it goals for?

If itvus differential (GF-GA ) then currentlyvANH is ONLY -92 to Hawks at -106...do I doubt Hawjs can make all of that up in 3nore games tojust 2 games for ANH..

Although matinaticLky possible,tge chances are very very slim tgmhe Hawks could over-take ANH for 3rd last pre-lotto.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
So should Hawks go on a miracukiurx3-0run lastc3 games winnibgvin regulation and ABH loses their final 2 in regulationtion woukd bectied in points and inRegulation wins and ROW ...so what is tge next tie-breaker?

Is it headcto head ponts ...is it best goal differential of the 2 teams...is it goals for?

If itvus differential (GF-GA ) then currentlyvANH is ONLY -92 to Hawks at -106...do I doubt Hawjs can make all of that up in 3nore games tojust 2 games for ANH..

Although matinaticLky possible,tge chances are very very slim tgmhe Hawks could over-take ANH for 3rd last pre-lotto.
Do you type on an iPad touchscreen keyboard without spellcheck?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Take your guy regardless of draft position. You like him take your shot. It’s a crapshoot anyway. Hell most of you have said 2-7 could go any way.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Buium from nearby Anaheim. It’s funny how guys sometimes fall in the exact draft area of their hometown team. Anyway I see him going there in that 4/5 spot.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Do you type on an iPad touchscreen keyboard without spellcheck?
lol that’s so 💯 right there, but even with spell check iPad typing is horrible.

1st once
2nd 3times
3rd 3times
4th 3 times

What is the point of this experiment? Genuinely curious. I’m not from around these parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad