2024 NHL Draft Thread - Upd: Draft Lottery is May 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
There is usually a shuffle when the real (I.e., nhl teams) evaluation begins. Up until now it’s usually people just re-shuffling the same lists as each other. Not necessarily a guarantee but CHL guys tend to fall a bit as they’re sort of the default guys when you make a list from a year out as they’re the most known so those names stick around the longest. Nothing changed overnight to make Shane Wright be a consistent number one all year and then he goes fourth. We just got a sense of what real nhl teams were looking at.

ColbyChaos

Sep 27, 2017
Will County
This is why interviews are so important.

Kirby Dach is a whiny baby. He doesn't have that dog in him.

But for us, we lack the insight to know that. We don't really become aware of it until they enter the league and start doing more media appearances and such.

Kyle, to his credit, is all about bringing in competitors and guys with winning attitude. So I trust him to weed out any players that lack drive.

Dach is also made of glass, but no amount of interviews and scouting can really prevent that unless a prospect has a huge history of injuries leading up to the draft which you can analyze.
Bruh don’t even pretend you weren’t his biggest fan back then even simping over the loafers he wore and attributed it to being generational :laugh:

Reactions: HawksDub89

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Kirby plays stupid. He blew his knee out this year because he refused to take a hit.

You can absolutely scout that. He skates with his head down and is far too reckless, hence getting hurt. It’ll be an issue for him until he learns how to take contact

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
I keep going back to this idea, but if a guy like Lindstrom drops do the Hawks trade up to get him?

Celebrini/Demidov and Lindstrom would be a hell of a first-round even if it cost the TB pick and the first 2nd round pick.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
I keep going back to this idea, but if a guy like Lindstrom drops do the Hawks trade up to get him?

Celebrini/Demidov and Lindstrom would be a hell of a first-round even if it cost the TB pick and the first 2nd round pick.
I'm of two minds on that because of course it would be amazing to add a talent like Lindstrom, but if he's dropping enough that the Blackhawks can get back in range to grab him that's probably a bad sign for his medicals

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
I'm of two minds on that because of course it would be amazing to add a talent like Lindstrom, but if he's dropping enough that the Blackhawks can get back in range to grab him that's probably a bad sign for his medicals

Medicals are the only way he would drop far enough for the Hawks to be able to get him.

Overwhelming odds he goes top 5.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Only older in the sense of relative age to other first time eligibles. Not like he was available and passed up last time (you see those guys start going in the second or round). I wouldn’t hold that against him.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Only older in the sense of relative age to other first time eligibles. Not like he was available and passed up last time (you see those guys start going in the second or round). I wouldn’t hold that against him.
I think Yakemchuk is the oldest 1st time eligible player in the draft. His Bday is 9/26 and the cutoff is 9/15 so he barely missed the 2023 draft.

MicronMega

Jan 31, 2022
Toronto, NY
Tankathon has the Hawks picking 2-22-34-53-62 in the top two rounds. Thats a lot of quality picks but it forces the question of who goes at 2 with Celebrini off the list.

2-Demidov
20-Connelly (I understand the issues but there is wayyy too much talent to pass up at 20)
34-Gridin
53-Mustard
62-Skahan

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site

You are absolutely insane if you think that #34 pick would get you from TB's pick (around #18-20 assuming they don't make it to the ECF) to where Lindstrom is going to go. It's REALLY rare for a team to trade out of the top 10 because it just creates too much downside for the GM.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I can't believe how dog shit the Sharks are. The Hawks have a real shot of losing out on their last 4 games, a 6 game losing streak to end the season, and they're probably still going to finish 2nd. At least we've all but sinched up a top 4 pick

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
If we go defense, I want Buium, I don’t care if it’s considered a reach at number two. The more I watch him play the more I love his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad