NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

NHL Central Scouting released their final rankings. Yakemchuk is the only noticeable omission from NA's top 10, dropped 5 spots from their midterm ranking, nothing surprising in the Intl skaters

NA Rankings
1. Celebrini - (1 at midterm)
2. Levshunov - (2 at midterm)
3. Lindstrom - (3 at midterm)
4. Buium - (4 at midterm)
5. Parekh - (10 at midterm)
6. Connolly - (5 at midterm)
7. Dickinson - (7 at midterm)
8. Catton - (9 at midterm)
9. Iginla - (11 at midterm)
10. Hage - (19 at midterm, largest jump)

Intl Rankings
1. Saliyev
2. Demidov
3. Helenius
4. Jiricek
5. Brandsegg-Nygard

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

NHL Central Scouting released their final rankings. Yakemchuk is the only noticeable omission from NA's top 10, dropped 5 spots from their midterm ranking, nothing surprising in the Intl skaters

NA Rankings

Intl Rankings
1. Saliyev
2. Demidov
3. Helenius
4. Jiricek
5. Brandsegg-Nygard

Gil Spencer at 28 and Charlie Elick at 31 both righties are the only D ranked behind Yakemchuk at 11 in NA in the top 32
Kleber , Colton, Mews, Danford and Emery all RD are in the 33-40 range ; Badinka RD and Shuravin LD from the INTL list could be in there with them

That top 5 Intl will all go in the 1st round and quite likely a couple more on that list.

Sens could still come away with a couple good D prospects and could possibly do it late 1st , early 2nd if they take a forward early

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

NA Rankings

Intl Rankings
1. Saliyev
2. Demidov
3. Helenius
4. Jiricek
5. Brandsegg-Nygard
We could get Buium. We could

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Looks like we're at 7th, before the lottery.

A bit annoying that we couldn't finish lower, but seeing as how this draft's dropoff is around pick 12, and that our year-end surge could have been worse, I'll take it.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
You know a team behind us is going to win the lottery. Probably New Jersey again. Get excited about 8th overall.

• Wow
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
You know a team behind us is going to win the lottery. Probably New Jersey again. Get excited about 8th overall.

From a conspiracy theorist perspective, the main thing is that the Rangers made the playoffs. Their lottery luck is outstanding. We actually have a good chance since the league might feel like it owes our new owner for all the shit he went through since he's taken over plus he could use some bargaining power to get a new rink built. How certain is Calgary's new rink now? If there's uncertainty, that's a contender for a big lottery win, just like Edmonton with McDavid. Utah winning would also bring some buzz to a brand new market for the league.

Duncstar

Sep 1, 2017
Ottawa
The problem I see is the time is now for this team - they need to make major improvements and I don’t see that happening through natural growth a new HC. They won’t solve this with a $5 million free agency slot and a smart 4th line signing. They need improvements to their starting 6 at 2 positions Goalie and RD and those can’t be solved with assets like Joseph or Ostapchuk. Need to put some major value into this to get the right players at the weight positions to buttress the on ice play.

Another thing is we have to move on as a fanbase from thinking draft picks will save us. I know 3 years ago Pierre Dorion stood up and said Jake Sanderson was as good as Erik Karlsson - and I’m sitting here thinking “couldn’t you just of signed Demelo”. Happy to draft at #7 but to me the right move is move that asset for a major upgrade and start winning now not wait 3 years for a rookie who won’t actually live up to the hype (even Jake Sanderson isn’t Erik Karlsson at the same age)
This is a terrible take. We just wasted a top 10 and a top 15 pick for players who didn't want to stay or didn't work out. We'd be so much better off if we'd kept the picks that it's sad.

Reactions: Loach

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Would anyone be willing to trade our top pick back?
Depending where we land and what we have on our board. If we are at 7, 8, 9 I would drop back as the value wouldn't be worthwhile. Dropping from 2 to 5 for instance wouldn't be terrible, obviously depending on our board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad