NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We got Greig and Pinto with our last two end of the first picks (I know Pinto was technically 2nd round but 32 is first round this year)
And what were the reactions to pinto?

Even though we got them the chances are still we won’t get anything special. So to be mad over picking anyone at that spot is a little silly.

At that stage we don’t really know these guys

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
If Tij rises into the top 6 on draft day, and the Sens sit 7th, this is my prediction:

1) Celebrini
2) Leshunov
3) Demidov
4) Lindstrom
5) Dickenson
6) Iginla

That leaves Eiserman, Parekh, Catton, Silayev, Buium, Yakemchuk.

I have no idea who Staios and company will pick.

If I were GM, I think I'd take Catton followed by Buium and Yakemchuk. The 6 foot 7 Silayev makes me nervous. Those freakishly tall players don't usually work out,

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
Huge Zona win. We control our fate to the top 5 woooooooo.. If only we could lose to Montreal..

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So do the draft geniuses think there's a big gap between the #5 and #7 picks? Looks like we might end up with the latter.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
None of them are good.
Coming from you I'm glad you think that.

They'd better draft top talent or risky prospects with an unlimited ceiling. Pinto is none of those. Safe stupid pick. He is just a better player then White, Staying away from drafting risky Russians hurt this franchise immensely for more then a decade. Or risky germans as Peterka.
My God you are clueless. 6'2 two way 50 to 60 point centerman in the second round is a bad pick. What an absolute joke.

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
Completely forgot about the Boston pick. Could be low 20s if Florida passes them and then they get bounced in the first round. They’re currently up a point on FLA for the division so that race technically has Sens implications.

Maybe if we get lucky someone like Yiricek, Eiserman or Buium falls to 21/22 but extremely unlikely of course.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Completely forgot about the Boston pick. Could be low 20s if Florida passes them and then they get bounced in the first round. They’re currently up a point on FLA for the division so that race technically has Sens implications.

Maybe if we get lucky someone like Yiricek, Eiserman or Buium falls to 21/22 but extremely unlikely of course.
Those guys probably don’t fall past 11 let alone 21.

In fact be prepared to draft one of those guys where our first is at.

Demidov lindstrom levshunov catton buium parekh eiserman dickinson iginla These are our guys.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Those guys probably don’t fall past 11 let alone 21.

In fact be prepared to draft one of those guys where our first is at.

Demidov lindstrom levshunov catton buium parekh eiserman dickinson iginla These are our guys.
I think you can take catton and eiserman out of that list
Demidov lindstrom levshunov buium parekh dickinson iginla Silayev Yakemchuk no particular order.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Catton and Helenius should be on the short list should they be going for forwards.

Outside of Celebrini, Demidov and Connelly, who I am not sure will be apart of the short list for the Sens, both guys are the two forwards I’d be happiest taking, even if they weren’t my preferred option. I’d have both in the top 10 for sure.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Catton and Helenius should be on the short list should they be going for forwards.

Outside of Celebrini, Demidov and Connelly, who I am not sure will be apart of the short list for the Sens, both guys are the two forwards I’d be happiest taking, even if they weren’t my preferred option. I’d have both in the top 10 for sure.
I could see the Sens liking Helenius .. because of his responsible game and IQ. Hard to say but I just see them as being somewhat conservative , No knock against any other players... Eisernan could be a high end goal scorer ... Catton is a high end skilled forward. I don't think they go Connelly .. but not because he isn't a good player.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
So buium goes up against celebrini and wins. Goes up against smith gauthier and Leonard and wins.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
So buium goes up against celebrini and wins. Goes up against smith gauthier and Leonard and wins.

Buium was impressive in both games, but that's more of a team accomplishment.

No reason why they would be off the list. They’re high impact forwards.

Catton really isn't the type of player we typically go for.

Eiserman I expect will be a faller. Has not taken a big step forward this year and scouts are worried that he brings nothing else to the table besides goal scoring.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Buium was impressive in both games, but that's more of a team accomplishment.

Catton really isn't the type of player we typically go for.

Eiserman I expect will be a faller. Has not taken a big step forward this year and scouts are worried that he brings nothing else to the table besides goal scoring.
It’s a team thing and he’s a key part of that.

Being impressive against the best players in the NCAA is very impressive

SquidNasty

Dec 8, 2021
I'm kinda wanting Helenius if Catton/Iginla/Lindstrom get taken.
Is Iginla really going ~8 because of one good playoff series? Also Helenius isn’t overly exciting. The main talking point is how polished his game and it’s always those guys who end up being average 3rd line players. Not convinced Lindstrom translates to the NHL level.

The D overall are way more exciting. Dickinson, Silayev & Levshunov are 100% gone but Buium is who I’m hoping for at this point. I’d also rather Yakemchuk ahead of the forwards mentioned.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Is Iginla really going ~8 because of one good playoff series? Also Helenius isn’t overly exciting. The main talking point is how polished his game and it’s always those guys who end up being average 3rd line players. Not convinced Lindstrom translates to the NHL level.

The D overall are way more exciting. Dickinson, Silayev & Levshunov are 100% gone but Buium is who I’m hoping for at this point. I’d also rather Yakemchuk ahead of the forwards mentioned.
I too hope we add another LHD to the fold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad