NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Couple interesting guys playing across the river this evening.

Spencer Gill is a guy to look out for.

Unsure what our process and tendencies will be moving forward, but under the former regime he ticks nearly every single box

He should be a guy we're shortlisting

First question that came to mind when I read this was whether Spencer’s father was Todd or Hal. Surprised it’s neither.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
First question that came to mind when I read this was whether Spencer’s father was Todd or Hal. Surprised it’s neither.
No doesn’t have an NHLer parent, but extremely strong family genetics for the game.

Older brother is a Lightning draft pick, his younger brother will be an early pick in this years Q draft, and all 3 from and played for the same Midget organization as Mann’s son.

Reactions: Alex1234 and Bileur

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Can Ottawa surrender the Boston pick as compensation for the Dadonov fiasco? Or does it have to be our pick? I can't believe I am turning attention to the draft again.

And who is running our draft?

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Carter Yakemchuk sounds like the type of player the Sens need. It seems you have to draft this type of player it's to difficult to trade for a big right shot D.

Carter Yakemchuk
Ht/Wt: 6' 3"/190 lbs
Position: RHD
Team: Calgary (WHL)
Dobber Prospects - November 18th: "Carter Yakemchuk is a big, rangy right-handed defenseman with a combination of size, aggressiveness and offensive potential. Yakemchuck loves to activate in transition, often carrying the puck and relying on short and efficient passes to move the puck down the ice."

Reactions: Alex1234

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Likely another top 10 pick. Hopefully we don’t bungle it like the Boucher draft
The two main "bunglers" are gone!

Horrifying stuff that we are discussing a top 10 pick this year.

Just horrifying.
Its part of the legacy of Dorion!

Horrifying stuff that we are discussing a top 10 pick this year.

Just horrifying.
Its part of the legacy of Dorion
We better have the scouting staff in place then. Have we hired a new head scout yet?
No. Be patient. We need "stability"! HaHa

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
If we won 1st overall... would you rather draft Celebrini, where we already have a lot of top 6 forwards, or trade down and draft Levshunov (RHD) and pick up some other assets

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
If we won 1st overall... would you rather draft Celebrini, where we already have a lot of top 6 forwards, or trade down and draft Levshunov (RHD) and pick up some other assets

LOL. Take the best player. If that's Celebrini then you take him without hesitation. You don;t pass up on a player like that because you already have Josh Norris.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Carter Yakemchuk sounds like the type of player the Sens need. It seems you have to draft this type of player it's to difficult to trade for a big right shot D.

Carter Yakemchuk
Ht/Wt: 6' 3"/190 lbs
Position: RHD
Team: Calgary (WHL)
Dobber Prospects - November 18th: "Carter Yakemchuk is a big, rangy right-handed defenseman with a combination of size, aggressiveness and offensive potential. Yakemchuck loves to activate in transition, often carrying the puck and relying on short and efficient passes to move the puck down the ice."
Likely 4-5 years out from being a NHL player. Yes, exactly the player I'd like but likely going around mid 1st round in the draft, unless we are drafting there (and right now thats highly suspect), take the BPA.

Far too many draft "busts" are because teams in high draft positions for a perceived organizational need or want, i.e. Boucher.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
One of my favourite all time players Jarome Iginla's son in this years entry draft. " Tij Iginla has struggled for consistency as of late, but when he’s hot, his shot can be so difficult to handle. Beyond the scoresheet, Iginla is flashy, defensively reliable and can land a big hit, too. Sounds a little like someone we might remember." 2023-2024 Kelowna RocketsWHL 31 GP 24G 16A 40Pts

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad