2024 MMA General Discussion and Fight Announcements

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Luke Thomas had a good video on the Jon Jones incident. Not a good start to the "in-house" anti-doping era either given that the tester's boss apparently tried to convince her not to go to the police until they could run it by the UFC.

This is yet another reason why icing the HW belt in the hopes of a Jones v. Stipe fight makes no sense. These are both older athletes both of whom have lots of other stuff going on in their lives besides fighting. In Stipe's case that seems to be largely productive but he could get injured as a firefighter at any time too.

I feell like that fight is never going to happen. Eventually they will strip Jones and move on with Aspinall.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009

They're going to be using new gloves soon, apparently they were testing them on DWCT fights. During the live presentation they were making a point of saying how revolutionary the design is, but I'm pretty sure Pride gloves Trevor Whittman's gloves had the curve too lol

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

They're going to be using new gloves soon, apparently they were testing them on DWCT fights. During the live presentation they were making a point of saying how revolutionary the design is, but I'm pretty sure Pride gloves Trevor Whittman's gloves had the curve too lol
The seams being on the palm side should reduce cuts too.

Reactions: Taytro and 16Skippy

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Beating a dead horse here but the ufc rankings are so dumb lol.... after beating number 2 in the division Max is now ranked 9th in light weight. The rest I don't have issues with.

Aljo debuts at 8 at 145 and Lopes is now ranked at 14.

Kayla is 4th at bantamweight.

Moicano moves up to number 10.

Tatiana Suarez, Jiri and Arman are now the number one contenders in their divisions.

Reactions: Avs_19 and Taytro

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Beating a dead horse here but the ufc rankings are so dumb lol.... after beating number 2 in the division Max is now ranked 9th in light weight. The rest I don't have issues with.

Aljo debuts at 8 at 145 and Lopes is now ranked at 14.

Kayla is 4th at bantamweight.

Moicano moves up to number 10.

Tatiana Suarez, Jiri and Arman are now the number one contenders in their divisions.

I mean he's 1-1 in lightweight. But yeah, probably should be a bit higher.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I mean he's 1-1 in lightweight. But yeah, probably should be a bit higher.
I'm a firm believer that if you beat the #1 contender then you are the #1 contender. If the guy you fought was good enough to earn a ranking, and you beat that guy, how do they not give you his ranking? You just went out and proved you're better than him.

A perfect example is when Sean O'Malley beat Petr Yan. Sean barely even beat Yan, he looked pretty bad, he was controlled for significant portions of the fight and won a split decision. In my opinion this was Sean's worst fight, but he still took Yan's ranking and then got an immediate title shot. Sean was coming of a NC with Munhoz, had no momentum and still jumped up to the top 5 then got an immediate title shot. It makes no sense how the ranking officials decide who goes where.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
June 8 is not a good card so far and with 11 bouta already booked there is not a lot of room to improve it outside of giving it a main event. Feels like they’re punting on the road fight night cards at this point too

Reactions: Taytro

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Got my tickets for 302... gonna beat the dead horse again of holy crap these ticket prices are insane. I hate Ticketmaster with such passion these fees are out of control I paid over $100 in fees on each ticket!!! It was $356+fees for the cheapest seat which were sold out instantly. I got the same exact seats I sat in for 288 and I'm paying $243 more per seat. I may just stick with the PFL when they come to town or hope UBS arena gets a fight night so I can afford to go in the future.

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
I hope this is true I thought the card really needed one more big name. I was hoping sandhagen vs Umar woulda been on it but I'll take Bo:

Figure the main card looks like:
Islam vs Poirier
Strickland vs Costa
Almeida vs Romanov
Bo vs Malkoun
Dolidze vs Hernandez

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
Weird situation

Either it's just not done yet or Malkoun, who it looks like has been calling out Bo, is trying to make a push to get the fight by making it up lol. Also it's been out there for a while now today and not a single reputable insider has said anything and for Bo Nickal I think there would be some sort of attention.

Last edited:
Reactions: CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad