WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well, may as well start dreaming about this. It's in Prague and we have a lot of good players returned to Europe and some potentially great pieces available. We also have a coach we all love! When I look I am very worried about our forwards.

My big fear is that Rulik will value the EHT results over AHL and NHL players.

My second big fear is that we bring 2 NHL goalies and play a Euro goalie instead.

Nonetheless.. using current standings and contracts (no UFA's)

Goalies available: with contracts are Vejmelka, Dostal and Vladar. Perfect! Full stop and we're done. Mrazek does not have a contract nor does Rittich.

D available: Rutta, Jiricek and Gudas. Absolutely tremendous start for us and our lower standards. Kempny will be on the team whether posters like it or not. I'd add in Galvas, Kral, Hajek and Masin.

Zboril and Simek are without contract but are, most likely, returning to Europe. So they may be available too. Knot, TIchachek and Kundratek are also available.

Still

Gudas Jiricek
Rutta Kempny
Galvas Kral
Hajek Masin

Forwards: This is looking to be our weakness going in! A lot of available Czechs are without contracts (Zadina, Kubalik, Smejkal, Blumel all come to mind). Voracek is LTIRd. Krejci retired. Here is my best case scenario and it's not great:

Hertl, Cervenka, Kovar, Sedlak, O. Kase, D. Kase, Kulich (if allowed to leave AHL), Flek, Spacek, Stransky, Tomasek, Rychlovsky. Chlapik,

Yeah, I don't like the looks of our forward group at all. Vrana will be available assuming he still has an NHL contract. Kaut is back in Europe. Frk is not doing well in Swiss league. Who am I missing? Looks like our worst forward core in several seasons.

Reactions: Bijelo and tade

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Looking forward to this one. Would love to see Pasta come if he's healthy and Boston drop out. I wonder if Zacha comes too.

I'd like to see them give a chance to some of the world juniors in the pre-tournament camps as well.

Forward core is weak, but let's see!

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking forward to this one. Would love to see Pasta come if he's healthy and Boston drop out. I wonder if Zacha comes too.

I'd like to see them give a chance to some of the world juniors in the pre-tournament camps as well.

Forward core is weak, but let's see!
For now... we are missing some key forwards and a lot of good ones are without contract or in playoffs.

Hronek would make a huge difference too but Vancouver looks great.
Palat would be nice and has a contract
Necas would be nice and has a contract
Pasta/Zacha would be nice and have contracts

Having said that... Kubalik, Smejkal, Blumel and Kulich could all help and they have no contracts or will be in the AHL.

It sucks.lol

Reactions: Swipes

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I assume you will be cheering for whoever the Bruins are playing in the first two rounds.
Not at all. I'd be very happy to see the Bruins win the cup. I don't mind either way.

Reactions: Rob

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I assume you will be cheering for whoever the Bruins are playing in the first two rounds.
Pasta would really help lol.

Our forward group is not looking promising. But I'd also love a Czech led Stanley Cup run.

Reactions: Rob

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I guess I am a bit more optimistic in regard to participation of our players. Be part of a Czech team on home WHC in Prague is opportunity that comes most likely only once in playing career, therefore I can also see some player without contract going this time.

Really interested what the team will look like in May... Not gonna try to speculate about roster at this point, still a lot of time left.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I guess I am a bit more optimistic in regard to participation of our players. Be part of a Czech team on home WHC in Prague is opportunity that comes most likely only once in playing career, therefore I can also see some player without contract going this time.

Really interested what the team will look like in May... Not gonna try to speculate about roster at this point, still a lot of time left.
It all depends... Only guy I know that ever did this was Kempny.

But if my nightmare comes true and Zboril, Simek, zadina, Vrana, blumel, zohorna and smejkal are all returning to Europe then they will play.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Well, may as well start dreaming about this. It's in Prague and we have a lot of good players returned to Europe and some potentially great pieces available. We also have a coach we all love! When I look I am very worried about our forwards.

My big fear is that Rulik will value the EHT results over AHL and NHL players.

My second big fear is that we bring 2 NHL goalies and play a Euro goalie instead.

Nonetheless.. using current standings and contracts (no UFA's)

Goalies available: with contracts are Vejmelka, Dostal and Vladar. Perfect! Full stop and we're done. Mrazek does not have a contract nor does Rittich.

D available: Rutta, Jiricek and Gudas. Absolutely tremendous start for us and our lower standards. Kempny will be on the team whether posters like it or not. I'd add in Galvas, Kral, Hajek and Masin.

Zboril and Simek are without contract but are, most likely, returning to Europe. So they may be available too. Knot, TIchachek and Kundratek are also available.

Still

Gudas Jiricek
Rutta Kempny
Galvas Kral
Hajek Masin

Forwards: This is looking to be our weakness going in! A lot of available Czechs are without contracts (Zadina, Kubalik, Smejkal, Blumel all come to mind). Voracek is LTIRd. Krejci retired. Here is my best case scenario and it's not great:

Hertl, Cervenka, Kovar, Sedlak, O. Kase, D. Kase, Kulich (if allowed to leave AHL), Flek, Spacek, Stransky, Tomasek, Rychlovsky. Chlapik,

Yeah, I don't like the looks of our forward group at all. Vrana will be available assuming he still has an NHL contract. Kaut is back in Europe. Frk is not doing well in Swiss league. Who am I missing? Looks like our worst forward core in several seasons.
According to the last tournament, I would say that at least one of the Kovařčík brothers has a good chance. Michal was the last cut at last year's championship and he is showing very well this year as well. Unlike, for example, Špaček, who was one of the least prominent players. And I like him, but he never played well in the national team in a big tournament. Kovarčík was much better. I'm also not sure how Kovář is doing, he's quite a similar player to Červenka and I'm not entirely sure if it's good to have more of them in the team.. And I definitely don't want Vrána in that team, sorry:help: And Zadina is probably not up to it, unfortunately.
I believe that, for example, Kubalík will come, even though he does not have a contract and will be a valid player.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
According to the last tournament, I would say that at least one of the Kovařčík brothers has a good chance. Michal was the last cut at last year's championship and he is showing very well this year as well. Unlike, for example, Špaček, who was one of the least prominent players. And I like him, but he never played well in the national team in a big tournament. Kovarčík was much better. I'm also not sure how Kovář is doing, he's quite a similar player to Červenka and I'm not entirely sure if it's good to have more of them in the team.. And I definitely don't want Vrána in that team, sorry:help: And Zadina is probably not up to it, unfortunately.
I believe that, for example, Kubalík will come, even though he does not have a contract and will be a valid player.
I don't necessarily want Kovar, Kempny or cervenka but odds are high all three are there. And, to be honest, they deserve the spots for loyalty.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Good news.. Nedved did an inspection tour. Everyone wants to represent.

I hate these tours... such bullshit. Talked a lot about pasta who is currently very comfortably on a playoff team

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Not encouraging at all.lol

As of today it sounds like Kubalik, Kulich, Rousek, Blumel, Jiricek and Svozil will not be available.
KHL guys aren't coming
NHL guys are goalies, Gudas and Rutta. Rest are in playoffs (Luako, Pasta, Zacha, Necas)(
Chytil is done for the season

Nedved says a 'mix' but from what I can tell that mix is Extraliga 80% and NHL 20%.lol

Hope I'm wrong.. dead wrong! I feel a weak squad coming in though... Kovarciks, Sedalk, Kempny, Kaut, Hajek and maybe we should give Rucizka another look.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Not encouraging at all.lol

As of today it sounds like Kubalik, Kulich, Rousek, Blumel, Jiricek and Svozil will not be available.
KHL guys aren't coming
NHL guys are goalies, Gudas and Rutta. Rest are in playoffs (Luako, Pasta, Zacha, Necas)(
Chytil is done for the season

Nedved says a 'mix' but from what I can tell that mix is Extraliga 80% and NHL 20%.lol

Hope I'm wrong.. dead wrong! I feel a weak squad coming in though... Kovarciks, Sedalk, Kempny, Kaut, Hajek and maybe we should give Rucizka another look.
But that's how it is every year. The difference is that we used to have far more players in the NHL, so it was clear in advance for many that they would be available because their clubs would not advance to the playoffs. We used to have 20-30 players to choose from after the regular season, how many are there now..? And of them I already know that I almost certainly don't want Zadina there... Today we have a lot of players who are interesting to us in the AHL and if they also play in the playoffs, it's clear that they won't be available. So I really don't know what you're disappointed about.. It's just a reflection of Czech hockey today. And GM won't do anything about it.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
But that's how it is every year. The difference is that we used to have far more players in the NHL, so it was clear in advance for many that they would be available because their clubs would not advance to the playoffs. We used to have 20-30 players to choose from after the regular season, how many are there now..? And of them I already know that I almost certainly don't want Zadina there... Today we have a lot of players who are interesting to us in the AHL and if they also play in the playoffs, it's clear that they won't be available. So I really don't know what you're disappointed about.. It's just a reflection of Czech hockey today. And GM won't do anything about it.
It's disappointing. That's what I am disappointed about. Not having guys like Jiricek, Kulich or blumel available really sucks. Toss in the Vrana, Chytil, Voracek issues and it gets worse.

This is a combo of tremendously bad luck and poor development.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
It's disappointing. That's what I am disappointed about. Not having guys like Jiricek, Kulich or blumel available really sucks. Toss in the Vrana, Chytil, Voracek issues and it gets worse.

This is a combo of tremendously bad luck and poor development.
Exactly

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If no NHLers,

Hrubec
Langhamer
Will

Hajek - Knot
Tichachek - Kempny
Galvas - Kral
Masin - Kostalek

Cervenka - Kovar - Tomasek
Chlapik - Spacek - M Stransky
Kase -Sedlak - Kase
Kovarcik - Kovarcik - Kaut

Reactions: Bijelo

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If no NHLers,

Hrubec
Langhamer
Will

Hajek - Knot
Tichachek - Kempny
Galvas - Kral
Masin - Kostalek

Cervenka - Kovar - Tomasek
Chlapik - Spacek - M Stransky
Kase -Sedlak - Kase
Kovarcik - Kovarcik - Kaut
This is probably close to what they will actually send tbh.

The D isn't that terrible for our standards. Best euro d we've had in a decade.

Goalies will probably be NHLer's.

Toss in Gudas and Rutta who I think will come (if not traded)

That's about it.lol

Preying for Jiricek, Kulich and Blumel... f*** the AHL playoffs.lol

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
This is probably close to what they will actually send tbh.

The D isn't that terrible for our standards. Best euro d we've had in a decade.

Goalies will probably be NHLer's.

Toss in Gudas and Rutta who I think will come (if not traded)

That's about it.lol

Preying for Jiricek, Kulich and Blumel... f*** the AHL playoffs.lol
The first pair of defenders won't make it out of that line-up anyway, and I have big doubts about Špaček and Kovář as forwards. And Sedlák will be the first center;)

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nedved says John Ludwig is in the conversation.

Help me out.. I see born in Czech, raised in canada and has a Swedish looking name. How is he Czech eligible? Ive always seen the Czech flag on NHL.com and just assumed it was a glitch.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Nedved says John Ludwig is in the conversation.

Help me out.. I see born in Czech, raised in canada and has a Swedish looking name. How is he Czech eligible? Ive always seen the Czech flag on NHL.com and just assumed it was a glitch.

Based on Eliteprospects he was born in Czechia, so despite his name or living in Canada, he seems like a Czech to me. Ludvig hasn't played for any national team yet and to be fair, I don't think he would make either team Canada or Sweden. You have to take what you can get!

Reactions: Swipes and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm sure we can fast-track him to Czech citizenship before the WC!
In that case I'll take him, Xhekaj the Hejduk twins and Oliver Bonk!

Can we get Draisaitl a Czech citizenship too? His Dad was an Extraliga coach!

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
In that case I'll take him, Xhekaj the Hejduk twins and Oliver Bonk!

Can we get Draisaitl a Czech citizenship too? His Dad was an Extraliga coach!
Haha.

The full article is here: John Ludvig do repre? Kanaďan reprezentovat Česko nemůže, protože… | Hokej.cz - web českého hokeje

Apparently he would need to play in CZ for two seasons to qualify even with Czech citizenship (which he has). Same applies to the Hejduk's sons.

If they start now they can make the Olympics?

Haha, why not.

Or a non-IIHF tournament, that would work too.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00