WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Kubalik should be confirmed also, I said it before I would take him with all tens, his shot will be very handy at PP

So what do we have: Palat, Nosek, Gudas, Dostal, Vrana, Kubalik, Mrazek .. havent heard much about Zadina and Rutta, they were both injured in the end of the season, and especially in the case of Rutta I hope he is allright and he will come.
We need Rutta.... not saying he's a world beater but he's Top 4 for us at this tourney for sure!

Curious what happens with Zadina. I'd like him there personally but he has no contract and was injured to end season.

Kubalik and Vrana give us some gunners if they make it! Goalies will match anyone in Tourney IMO.

If this list is accurate:

Locks IMO:

Forwards: Palat, Nosek, Kubalik, Cervenka, Sedlak, O. Kase,
D; Kempny, Gudas
G: Mrazek and Dostal

Highly likely: Tomasek, Vrana, Chlapik (that's a nice start for forwards at 9)

I can't even begin to comprehend who will make our D and how they decided it.lol

Hoping for: Rutta, Kampf, Faksa

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It's a shame that it will be without Blumel a Kulich again. Both had a great season.

And Chlapik so far was nothing special vs Slovakia. For me he isn't top 9 material now ...
Who are you hoping for of the available players? Nice to see you again.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
My top 9 without Nečas, Pasta, Zacha, Lauko, Hertl.

With Faksa and Kampf:

Palat - Sedlak - Kubalík
Kase - Tomasek - Vrana
Faksa - Cervenka - Kampf/Nosek

+ M. Špaček/ Vozenilek etc.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

With Faksa and Kampf:

Palat - Sedlak - Kubalík
Kase - Tomasek - Vrana

This seem very likely its gonna be something like that. Would like that too if we dont score any of the top guys, we will probably wait for them even after the round 2 is over, so maybe at least one of them will come later to the tournament.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
The locks are for me:
Kubalík, Sedlák, Kaše, Tomášek, Palát, Červenka, Gudas, Rutta.
Vrána after the matches with the Slovakian selection, which was not yet a standard, definitely not, you have to wait for the matches with stronger teams. And even if he somehow gets into the team, I'm personally a skeptic and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he disappoints again.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Anyway I will just post my usual NHL/AHL playoff vs IIHF WCH rant lol.

I still dont get:

1. Why there is no agreement between NHL and IIHF to plan the dates better so there will be guaranteed at least first 2 rounds of NHL playoffs finished before the IIHF tournament starts. It would not need something major to sacrifice from the both sides. Start NHL season 1-2 weeks earlier and/or start the IIHF tournament 1-2 weeks later ffs. Two stupid weeks and we can have much more prestigious and interesting WCH every year, which will also not favor NA teams so much.

2. Why are NHL playoff series so streched? I mean lasting more then two weeks at some cases thats ridiculous. I get that there are bigger distances between the clubs, but why the hell they have 1 or even 2 days break between each game. Just play it like in Europe 1st day game 1, 2nd day game 2 etc.

3. Why is the AHL season so f***in long like seriously. They dont even play 82 games and end later then NHL lol. And if the NHL playoff series are streched, its even worse in AHL and there is absolutely no f***ing system in that. There are some series with game 2 today already, other will not even start for another 3-4 days lol. Some series have 2days break between the games, some have 4days, its a complete mess.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Palat - Zacha - Pasta
Kase - Hertl - Necas
Blumel - Sedlak - Kulich
Faksa - Nosek - Kampf

with all players available 😂👍

Reactions: Czechboy

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
I didn't want to step into the debate here but when I see the rosters for the IIHF Worlds forming, it comes to mi mind that this tournament is, in a way, saying more about the actual state of hockey in individual countries than a best-on-best tournament. I mean, IIHF Worlds is a lot about the depth of a broader selection of players. If a nation has a very limited number of high quality players, they can still form a decent 25 man roster. But it is much more difficult to form a decent roster when several of the players are missing. In this sense, IIHF Worlds in basically about how deep you can dig in the selection of players without losing that much in terms of quality.

And here we see that the condition of hockey in Czechia is still very bad, although there are some good prospects for the near future. The team will probably miss 5 top players (Pastrňák, Zacha, Nečas, Hertl, Hronek), or 6, if we count long-term injured Filip Chytil. And it already deteriorates the quality of the team by tones, at least on paper. If Sweden is missing, lets say, 15, even 20 of their top players, they still have a considerably higher quality (on paper) than the Czechs without 6 players. Never talking about Canada and the US, but they are a bit different cases, no European nation can compare with them in terms of depth.

This is a very unpleasant situation for the Czech hockey. Paradoxically, we may have better chances at the 2026 Olympics than at the IIHF Worlds this year. Because there is a smaller difference between the top 25 Czech roster and, say, top 25 Swedish roster than between the top 60 Czech long list and top 60 Swedish long list. Just like the difference between the top 25 Czech roster and top 25 Latvian rosters is smaller than between the Czech and Latvian long lists.

We can but hope for the successful development of our future prospects. Of course I am not saying this tournament is going to be a disaster. Even a not-so-stacked team can have a great tournament. These short events are much different from a league season. But on paper it definitely doesn't look very optimistic.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Palat - Zacha - Pasta
Kase - Hertl - Necas
Blumel - Sedlak - Kulich
Faksa - Nosek - Kampf

with all players available 😂👍
You missing Chytil, he should be good to go next season hopefully. And I think Kubalik should be there too somewhere, despite his NHL decline this season.

Its sad really that only two years ago this selection would be much deeper with Voracek, Krejci, Vrana, but then again it can be much better in lets say 5years.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
You missing Chytil, he should be good to go next season hopefully. And I think Kubalik should be there too somewhere, despite his NHL decline this season.

Its sad really that only two years ago this selection would be much deeper with Voracek, Krejci, Vrana, but then again it can be much better in lets say 5years.
Yeah, you are right. Chytil must be there too 👍

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I didn't want to step into the debate here but when I see the rosters for the IIHF Worlds forming, it comes to mi mind that this tournament is, in a way, saying more about the actual state of hockey in individual countries than a best-on-best tournament. I mean, IIHF Worlds is a lot about the depth of a broader selection of players. If a nation has a very limited number of high quality players, they can still form a decent 25 man roster. But it is much more difficult to form a decent roster when several of the players are missing. In this sense, IIHF Worlds in basically about how deep you can dig in the selection of players without losing that much in terms of quality.

And here we see that the condition of hockey in Czechia is still very bad, although there are some good prospects for the near future. The team will probably miss 5 top players (Pastrňák, Zacha, Nečas, Hertl, Hronek), or 6, if we count long-term injured Filip Chytil. And it already deteriorates the quality of the team by tones, at least on paper. If Sweden is missing, lets say, 15, even 20 of their top players, they still have a considerably higher quality (on paper) than the Czechs without 6 players. Never talking about Canada and the US, but they are a bit different cases, no European nation can compare with them in terms of depth.

This is a very unpleasant situation for the Czech hockey. Paradoxically, we may have better chances at the 2026 Olympics than at the IIHF Worlds this year. Because there is a smaller difference between the top 25 Czech roster and, say, top 25 Swedish roster than between the top 60 Czech long list and top 60 Swedish long list. Just like the difference between the top 25 Czech roster and top 25 Latvian rosters is smaller than between the Czech and Latvian long lists.

We can but hope for the successful development of our future prospects. Of course I am not saying this tournament is going to be a disaster. Even a not-so-stacked team can have a great tournament. These short events are much different from a league season. But on paper it definitely doesn't look very optimistic.
It's the highest of highs (junior results, first rounders, consistent good D at Jr level)

and

The lowest of lows (our NHL roster is lacking, Francouz is done, Voracek is done, Kase is not in NHL, Vrana is on some weird trajectory, Chytil is concussed, Simek is done, Zboril is done, Hajek is done, Galvas back to Europe, Kral back to Europe, Stezka returning to Europe, Blumel can't crack Dallas roster) with our NHL crew right now. There is a big black hole from that shitty decade. Our best players are either late 20's or teenagers right now. Not much great in between.

I do think it's going to get a lot better in the next few seasons, I also think this is our NHL rock bottom and we are slowly rising up.

Czech goalie school is looking great too!

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

With Faksa and Kampf:

Palat - Sedlak - Kubalík
Kase - Tomasek - Vrana

Kampf and Nosek are faceoff demons so I probably push them to C but this doesn't look bad at all!

Just need a Rutta announcement.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I completely forgot about Kaut lol. What do you think? Kaut, Sedlak, Hyka, Kostalek to join from Pardubice and Vozenilek and Kudratek to join from Trinec? Maybe even Nestrasil?
I'd like to see Nestrasil get a look at least... I've always liked his game and he's a pain in the ass to play against and our team looks to be a pain in the ass to play against.lol

Same for Kaut - would like him to get a look but not a guaranteed spot.

Sedlak should get a spot without a look. He is a lock. Hyka is also looking real good.

Rulik has some tough decisions! Between NHL and Extraliga guys... the team that beat Slovakia yesterday is going to look very different!

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I'd like to see Nestrasil get a look at least... I've always liked his game and he's a pain in the ass to play against and our team looks to be a pain in the ass to play against.lol

Same for Kaut - would like him to get a look but not a guaranteed spot.

Sedlak should get a spot without a look. He is a lock. Hyka is also looking real good.

Rulik has some tough decisions! Between NHL and Extraliga guys... the team that beat Slovakia yesterday is going to look very different!
It will definitely I expect more then a half of that team will be swaped, buts thats a common thing every year. There is also still Hajek, you know how I feel about him lol, but I guess he will also get a look. Nestrasil looks like he is injured though, not sure how serious it is.

So we are looking at 6-7 guys from ELH coming + Kral from Pelicans and that should be it from Europe I think.

.... oh yeah and of course HRUBEC !!! :D

• Haha

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
It will definitely I expect more then a half of that team will be swaped, buts thats a common thing every year. There is also still Hajek, you know how I feel about him lol, but I guess he will also get a look. Nestrasil looks like he is injured though, not sure how serious it is.

So we are looking at 6-7 guys from ELH coming + Kral from Pelicans and that should be it from Europe I think.

.... oh yeah and of course HRUBEC !!! :D
You could make a second team at this point... Extraliga finalists and NHLers vs the team that played Slovakia on Saturday (with Vrana). It'd be close!

Kral should be a lock too IMO. So many tough choices.

I get Hajek wasn't a NHL All Star but he has a very nice toolbox and should be considered too. Eg. he did more in NA than Galvas and Kral. It's a low bar but he should definitely get a look. Big body, can skate and is used to NA attackers as Canada and US (Sweden) seem to be solid favs on paper right now. US could be a nightmare this time!

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
I completely forgot about Kaut lol. What do you think? Kaut, Sedlak, Hyka, Kostalek to join from Pardubice and Vozenilek and Kudratek to join from Trinec? Maybe even Nestrasil?
Nestrašil was hurt last game.

Kaut was one of the worst our players last year in Riga. There are better 9 or 12 forwards in NT right now I'd say.

Vozenílek yes. 4th line or 13th forward, but let him play vs FIN and SWE in EHT next week and we'll see.

Hyka'll have to shine like a bright star during EHT to steal spot from Kase or Vrana, I don't think it's possible.

Kundrátek yes, he's definitely top 6 material. Probably our best european defender right now.

For EHT I'd invite Vozenilek, Will, Kostalek and Kundratek from final match. Will'll have to agree he'll start as 3rd goalie in Prague if he'll be good in last EHT tournament.
No need to try and rush Sedlak (he is lock for WCH). Give him rest for few days after today's match.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Sedlák will probably be invited from Pardubice, and maybe David Musil. Voženílek, Kundrátek have a chance from Třinec. Nobody else, I would say. Guys who would join from now on, from whatever league, would have to be significantly better than players on the current camp roster. So, probably a few guys from the NHL, 3-4 from the Extraliga finals, maybe F.Král from Finland, and that will be it. It would make no sense to build a complete new team now. Or, more precisely: It would be reasonable if we had like 10 players on the Pastrňák, Zacha, Hertl, Hronek... level coming. But we don't.

Where is today's game 7? Extraliga final? Don't see it on CT24?
Only O2TV Sport.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Where is today's game 7? Extraliga final? Don't see it on CT24?
O2 TV sport.
If you have few dollars left🤪 buy their sport pack for 30 days (or more if you'll enjoy it).
I love their mobile app, I even watch CT sport in their app, cause it's best in czech rep I'd say 🤪
You can watch there WCH as well, CT sport is included in this app.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Sedlák will probably be invited from Pardubice, and maybe David Musil. Voženílek, Kundrátek have a chance from Třinec. Nobody else, I would say. Guys who would join from now on, from whatever league, would have to be significantly better than players on the current camp roster. So, probably a few guys from the NHL, 3-4 from the Extraliga finals, maybe F.Král from Finland, and that will be it. It would make no sense to build a complete new team now. Or, more precisely: It would be reasonable if we had like 10 players on the Pastrňák, Zacha, Hertl, Hronek... level coming. But we don't.

Only O2TV Sport.
Damn!

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Only O2TV Sport.
Also, I've been too scared to type that I'd like Musil to get a look.lol Certain names upset the posters - Kaut, Zadina, Vrana, Musil.lol

• Haha
Reactions: Eye of Ra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad