WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What makes you think that the Canadians will bring a star team? Apart from Bedard and Binnington, there is no confirmation
Last world Juniors gold in Europe was in Czech. That 2015 team was soviet era dominant. I actually think it was better than that 2005 junior team. They were stacked. Get the feeling Canucks love our beer and pretty ladies.lol

• Haha
Reactions: MatBarzal

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
It's before the 4 team tournament next year and the Olympics the year after. From what I understand, you need to attend to be considered for these tournaments unless you're a lock.

I was there in 2015. Saw Jagr live in the QF. Unforgettable game.
I don't mind, I really want to finally see the starry Canada.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I can't recall ever having this little an opinion about our forwards. Just feels like 30 identical guys competing for the job.lol

Nonetheless.. I could see Kovarcik's and Flek lasting and being a very good 3rd or 4th line for us when it matters.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Tomasek is so damn intriguing... Just keeps scoring. But he's pretty old for NHL. Curious what he does next year and curious if makes the team?

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Only D I'd want for final team is Galvas. First is tied 0-0 but we've been playing very well.

Shame they aren't wearing the jerseys from the Youth Olympics.. those were amazing.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Germany scored and then Lenc with a beaut shortly after. Lenc is a guy that I feel always scores on the EHT and exhibition games.. makes the team and then does very little.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice Uwe Krupp special on CT24.. talking about how Czech hockey has helped and influenced German hockey. He also mentioned his second fav was Voracek and it occured to me that I'll never see him on the NT again. Loved that guy!

Reactions: Blueston

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Kodytek and Kondelik on the PP.. that is a hillarious combo...

5'6 and 6'5.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Congrats to Trinec... down 0 - 3. 2 seconds from elimination in game 6. Now in the finals for the 6th time.

More importantly.. who does sparta have that can help the NT?lol

Canada can have Kassian.lol

Chlapik, Kempny, Horak and Repik is my guess. Maybe Sobotka as a 4C?

I'd want Chlapik. Kempny is inevitable.

Czechs are now up 4-1. Sirota had some nice plays. I know nothing about him. My fear is that Benak is the next Kodytek. Super nifty Euro player.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Leaking through short side. Hope this isn't DEL's top goalie.
I dont like trashing the opposition but he's been 'iffy'. Ice has been tilted though as far as possession and gameplay. And I hated that slewfoot! Not sure who it happened to or who did it though.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I dont like trashing the opposition but he's been 'iffy'. Ice has been tilted though as far as possession and gameplay. And I hated that slewfoot! Not sure who it happened to or who did it though.

I would back it up but the YT feed is not letting me. :( Thought it was 88 getting tipped over.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Watching the highlights of that Game 7

Chlapik had so MANY chances to bury them. He will be having nightmares.

The fact it ended on a Moravcik giveaway is about right. I've just never gotten behind his game on the NT.

From Trinic.. I'd like to see Nastrasil and Vozelnik given a look. I imagine Kundratek but he's another guy I'm not that high on for the NT.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They didn't show it over on the German intermission highlight pack either.
I actually thought Kondelik because the player went down hard. I was outraged for a few seconds and then moved on.lol How's Rochester looking? Could really use Rousek and Kulich!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I actually thought Kondelik because the player went down hard. I was outraged for a few seconds and then moved on.lol How's Rochester looking? Could really use Rousek and Kulich!

Rousek's been in Buffalo for a few weeks and looks like he belongs on this recall - uses his speed to deny space, create chaos, then makes the simple play, rinse and repeat. He likely goes back down for the playoffs, he should be eligible based on clear-day roster moves.

Kulich's playing by far the most complete hockey I've ever seen out of him. 10-2-1 in their last 13 has put them close to the top of their division with a couple of games remaining. I expect at least a 2nd round round out of them TBH. That probably keeps him out of the WC's.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Rousek's been in Buffalo for a few weeks and looks like he belongs on this recall - uses his speed to deny space, create chaos, then makes the simple play, rinse and repeat. He likely goes back down for the playoffs, he should be eligible based on clear-day roster moves.

Kulich's playing by far the most complete hockey I've ever seen out of him. 10-2-1 in their last 13 has put them close to the top of their division with a couple of games remaining. I expect at least a 2nd round round out of them TBH. That probably keeps him out of the WC's.
That's what I thought.. we'll lose 2 very useful players (to us).

Hope Rousek can eke out full time bottom 6 next year. Feel like he's earned it to be honest.

Kulich might be good enough for our PP1 if they can get him to be the trigger man (which we dont currently really have). Rousek would be beautiful in bottom 6 with more minutes on Czech team.

We have a bunch like this.. driving me nuts:

Smejkal, Kubalik, Blumel, Jenik, Zohorna, Kulich, Jiricek and Rousek are all looking likely to be unavailable for varying reasons. I know none of them, today, are game breakers but they'd help our roster in Prague.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
That's what I thought.. we'll lose 2 very useful players (to us).

Hope Rousek can eke out full time bottom 6 next year. Feel like he's earned it to be honest.

Kulich might be good enough for our PP1 if they can get him to be the trigger man (which we dont currently really have). Rousek would be beautiful in bottom 6 with more minutes on Czech team.

We have a bunch like this.. driving me nuts:

Smejkal, Kubalik, Blumel, Jenik, Zohorna, Kulich, Jiricek and Rousek are all looking likely to be unavailable for varying reasons. I know none of them, today, are game breakers but they'd help our roster in Prague.

Understandable. Watched a bunch of Cleveland Monsters games over the last month or so and with their goaltending and blueline, Jiricek is probably not going to be available for a long time too. I can see them as a solid choice coming out of that division too.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Understandable. Watched a bunch of Cleveland Monsters games over the last month or so and with their goaltending and blueline, Jiricek is probably not going to be available for a long time too. I can see them as a solid choice coming out of that division too.
Zboril and Svozil on there too.lol

Reactions: Chainshot

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well coached team. Well played game. It means nothing and we know that Canada and US are sending juggernauts (which may trigger Sweden to do the same)... still, I've seen more 'fun' Czech games in the last 2 years then the last decade before that.lol

Reactions: Chainshot

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
What's interesting is that Kondelik may make the final cut... and he's worse than Zohorna and Klapka who may not be available.

Kodytek stood out. Off to google Sirota ... I know nothing about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad