WC: 2024 Czech team in Prague!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Encouraging article... Both Nosek and Palat say they'll go. Palat we need desperately and he has a contract.

Nosek has no contract so I am skeptical he shows. However, I'd welcome him with open arms as he is a great bottom 6 C and would give us a great 3rd line.

Time will tell!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
First mini camp is out...wasn't terrible...cervenka on there. Didn't expect to see andrej sustr. Cernoch makes sense. Libor zabransky. Jakub Sirota. Daniel Kral. More announced next week.

I really am curious what kind of team they will be able to piece together. Sounds like US is serious about sending a stronger squad which they are more than capable of sending.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
First mini camp is out...wasn't terrible...cervenka on there. Didn't expect to see andrej sustr. Cernoch makes sense. Libor zabransky. Jakub Sirota. Daniel Kral. More announced next week.

I really am curious what kind of team they will be able to piece together. Sounds like US is serious about sending a stronger squad which they are more than capable of sending.

Very surprised to see Sustr. Was once highly touted , and then faded away..

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Read a Nedved quote on Facebook... says he''ll try to get AHL guys but think it is not likely.

Specifically said Blumel is not going... he'll either be in AHL playoffs or called up to be a spare for Dallas.

Jiricek and Kulich are long shots IMO. Which sucks because Slovakia will probably get Slaf and Nemec. Happy for them but sad for us. Shame our guys couldn't battle out an NHL spot.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006

Encouraging article... Both Nosek and Palat say they'll go. Palat we need desperately and he has a contract.

Nosek has no contract so I am skeptical he shows. However, I'd welcome him with open arms as he is a great bottom 6 C and would give us a great 3rd line.

Time will tell!

Hasn't been widely discussed because the lazy hockey media found it easier to blame the Devils struggles on "goaltending issues", but Nosek being hurt was a huge factor in the team missing the playoffs (and ultimately Lindy Ruff being fired).

Much like Ondrej Palat (and unlike some of the so-called stars), Nosek plays hard in all three zones and is a tactically advanced player.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My two cents.. still not very excited. I'd be fine with Malek as a number 3 as I firmly believe number 3 should be a young goalie with NHL potential (my vote would be Suchanek if available). I do NOT want to see a awesome Euro starter because I'm positive they will play that person over the NHLer like they did with Vejmelka and Hrubec last year. 2 NHLers and a potential NHLer ... stezka would be another one, Patera.

The D is already better than usual... Galvas and Masin are the only 2 I wouldn't mind on the final nomination.

The F is still very underwhelming.. no problems with Cervus. He deserves it, it is in Prague.

Kondelik is proof that busted AHLers are on par with our Extraliga guys. I assume about 5 of these guys make the finall nomination and I like everyone but I'm not exactly thrilled.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
My two cents.. still not very excited. I'd be fine with Malek as a number 3 as I firmly believe number 3 should be a young goalie with NHL potential (my vote would be Suchanek if available). I do NOT want to see a awesome Euro starter because I'm positive they will play that person over the NHLer like they did with Vejmelka and Hrubec last year. 2 NHLers and a potential NHLer ... stezka would be another one, Patera.

The D is already better than usual... Galvas and Masin are the only 2 I wouldn't mind on the final nomination.

The F is still very underwhelming.. no problems with Cervus. He deserves it, it is in Prague.

Kondelik is proof that busted AHLers are on par with our Extraliga guys. I assume about 5 of these guys make the finall nomination and I like everyone but I'm not exactly thrilled.

Yeah agreed. Nothing to be excited about. Let's see who comes from the NHL and what the final nomination will look like.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Actually, I think that if players like Kubalík play in the attack (I believe, like Rulík, that he will play as well as ever in the national team), Palát, Tomášek, Sedlák, Kaše (both played in the NHL, maybe even Tomášek) and probably also Červenka , then the attack won't be so weak again.. I still believe that someone like Blumel, Kulich or Rousek will be available. Of course, there is also a chance to supplement the squad from the NHL. If Rulík can get the most out of the team, it can be an attack on a medal.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Actually, I think that if players like Kubalík play in the attack (I believe, like Rulík, that he will play as well as ever in the national team), Palát, Tomášek, Sedlák, Kaše (both played in the NHL, maybe even Tomášek) and probably also Červenka , then the attack won't be so weak again.. I still believe that someone like Blumel, Kulich or Rousek will be available. Of course, there is also a chance to supplement the squad from the NHL. If Rulík can get the most out of the team, it can be an attack on a medal.
I'd be thrilled if Kubalik could make it. I know his season was bad. I personally blame Ottawa because they got a shooter and put him in a checking line. However, he's great in the NT and he really can shoot that puck. Nosek and Palat would be extremely helpful!

The NHL playoff lineups, today, don't favor us. Eg. I am hoping for Hertl vs Hronek in round 1 or Necas vs Pasta but it seems highly unlikely.

Encouraging is that Rulik's Junior team also didn't have the best forwards and was built around the D and G. Hopefully he can do that here. Of course, the D was exceptional that year for the U20 level and our D won't be that good .. but it will be a good D.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
good opportunity for ondrej Kase to show he’s healthy?
It's strange, because I didn't read anywhere in any interview about the topic of the World Cup and his participation in it.. Even according to the statements made during the season and also after the season, it was quite clear that his health is not at 100% (he did not play a single national team tournament and he himself said , that it is not quite right). I would of course be very happy if he played, he would certainly be very valuable to the team.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I'm arguing about Blumel or Rutta and the North Americans are bringing All Star teams.lol

Mrazek and Dostal are uniquely suited to this role as they will feel like they are playing for the Hawk's and Duck's.lol

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I'm arguing about Blumel or Rutta and the North Americans are bringing All Star teams.lol

Mrazek and Dostal are uniquely suited to this role as they will feel like they are playing for the Hawk's and Duck's.lol
I think we all knew that Canada would once again bring a stellar team to the Czech Republic. That's also why our conversation looks really funny, as you rightly pointed out.. Whatever, the reality of modern czech hockey today. We all have to hope that other promising players won't be losers like Zbořil, Zadina, Kaut... Or rather pray.
However, it's still just a sport. There are far more important matters. Maybe in a few years there won't even be any sporting events. Society has gone mad. But we're not here to deal with that.

Reactions: Swipes

MatBarzal

Apr 26, 2022
I think we all knew that Canada would once again bring a stellar team to the Czech Republic. That's also why our conversation looks really funny, as you rightly pointed out.. Whatever, the reality of modern czech hockey today. We all have to hope that other promising players won't be losers like Zbořil, Zadina, Kaut... Or rather pray.
However, it's still just a sport. There are far more important matters. Maybe in a few years there won't even be any sporting events. Society has gone mad. But we're not here to deal with that.
What makes you think that the Canadians will bring a star team? Apart from Bedard and Binnington, there is no confirmation

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
They will field a good team. Mostly because all the "bubble"-players for World Cup and Olympics know they need to show their best in games that matter to be considered.

F.ex players like Suzuki, Cozens, Bedard, Dunn, Power, Byram etc.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
What makes you think that the Canadians will bring a star team? Apart from Bedard and Binnington, there is no confirmation
Also in this thread are the first names of players who should play in the championship. But it is known that Canadians take the championship in Prague as a very pleasant event. So, in the last championship with us, their line-ups were always stellar. In addition, the canadian association wanted the team to be in Prague in advance, and in that case promised that they would also take the stars to the championship. One of the highest officials of czech hockey said this in an interview several months ago.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
It's before the 4 team tournament next year and the Olympics the year after. From what I understand, you need to attend to be considered for these tournaments unless you're a lock.

Im ready. Hehe. Gonna be there 9 days this time. 10 games.
I was there in 2015. Saw Jagr live in the QF. Unforgettable game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00