GDT: 2024 Anaheim Ducks World Juniors Discussion

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Didn’t notice Terrance much at all during the game which was disappointing. Warren impresses in his movement on the ice but he’s really lacking puck skills and is easily pressured to turn the puck over.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Warren has struggled a bit in this first period. Had one nearly catastrophic turnover in his own zone, nearly putting a great scoring chance on a platter. Still led to lengthy zone time/pressure for Finland.

He's huge, mobile and engaged - but this is going to be a long term project getting him moving the puck at an acceptable rate for highest level. Maybe a different partner would help, as Furlong seems to be struggling to make plays himself - but early on I have concerns about whether Warren is ready to munch any significant minutes in this tourny. Seems to have a particular issue making plays when pucks end up in his feet, not uncommon for taller players.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Much better second half of the game for Warren, minimized mistakes and was mostly unnoticeable in a good way. Made a nice play to escape on a breakout before connecting on a stretch pass that led to a great chance. Definitely makes himself miserable to play against below the goal line.

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
If he got hit with a stomach flu after practicing/working out, the dehydration would be really bad and could definitely necessitate an IV.

Hope he recovers quickly!

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
If he got hit with a stomach flu after practicing/working out, the dehydration would be really bad and could definitely necessitate an IV.

Hope he recovers quickly!
ebwwn3x372381.jpg

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Strbak looks so good. I wanted him with our 1st 2nd last year. Would have been a HUGE pickup as a RHD.

Buffalo has been golden at the draft the last like 5 years.
Thought we were for sure gunna grab him at 33, still pretty unsure about myatovic

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Strbak looks so good. I wanted him with our 1st 2nd last year. Would have been a HUGE pickup as a RHD.

Buffalo has been golden at the draft the last like 5 years.

Thought we were for sure gunna grab him at 33, still pretty unsure about myatovic

There were a bunch of players I wanted in the 2nd round, which included Strbak and Myatovic. Strbak was up higher on my list and Myatovic lower. I also had Haltunnen, Terrance, Nelson, and Clara in that bunch, iirc. I also had another defenseman in that bunch, but can't recall the name... he was another shutdown D.

Based on what Madded described about Myatovic was that he's an elite support guy for the top-6. Guess that means glue guy. We really can't say much about Myatovic b/c he's been injured for most of this season, playing in only 4 games.

Speaking of prospects doing well that we passed up, there's Snuggerud.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Putting a prediction on file, Norway beats Switzerland tomorrow morning.

There were a bunch of players I wanted in the 2nd round, which included Strbak and Myatovic. Strbak was up higher on my list and Myatovic lower. I also had Haltunnen, Terrance, Nelson, and Clara in that bunch, iirc. I also had another defenseman in that bunch, but can't recall the name... he was another shutdown D.

Based on what Madded described about Myatovic was that he's an elite support guy for the top-6. Guess that means glue guy. We really can't say much about Myatovic b/c he's been injured for most of this season, playing in only 4 games.

Speaking of prospects doing well that we passed up, there's Snuggerud.

Snuggerud was definitely who I had circled when we ended up picking Gauthier. But jury is still out until we see what they can become at the NHL level.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00