2024 “Tank” Thread

Where will the Ducks finish in the standings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Enough of this myth. The Vegas 4th line in the 2018 Cup Final was Carrier-Bellemare-Nosek/Reaves. That is a typical 4th line. The 3rd line was mainly composed of Nosek/Carpenter/-Eakin-Tuch. And that version of Tuch was not a top 6 player at that point. So a below average 3rd line.

And don't even get me started on the D with Engelland in the top 4 and Sbisa being a nightly player.

The roster that team had was not good on paper so there is no need for this revisionist history that they were handed some stacked team. That team succeeded based on outworking people to go with just capturing lightning in a bottle and riding the wave.

Regardless there is no emulating Vegas because the biggest factor that allowed Vegas to do everything they did was having no long term cap constraints plus an owner willing to do anything to win. The former is not possible for a non expansion team. The latter we don't know if the Samueli's will do.
All I'd add is Vegas went all in on their plan. There's no more blue chip prospects to trade any any first rounder they have will be low. They gambled and won, but once some of the older guys start declining, they're going to be more of a bubble team to a team that misses the playoffs IMO. It was a super entertaining journey to a first cup but I think Vegas has two more good years left. I can't see Anaheim/the Samuelis directly replicating what Vegas did.

They already aren't anyway. This team is being built gradually around a growing youth core. Totally different situation

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
IMG_4989.jpeg

In keeping with the simians with heavy weaponry theme, this is my contribution to the thread.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
The plus side is all the teams after us likely wont be selling major pieces and getting worse.
Columbus
Ottawa (Maybe Chychrun but I doubt it)
Buffalo
Arizona

The down side is San Jose and Chicago are terrible. I expect us to be #3 going into the lottery.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
The plus side is all the teams after us likely wont be selling major pieces and getting worse.
Columbus
Buffalo
Arizona

The down side is San Jose and Chicago are terrible. I expect us to be #3 going into the lottery.
So then who will be available at #4? We are dropping a spot like usual.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
This draft is so up in the air after 1st I don't think anyone really knows who will be there. I'm sure we'll have a better idea end of season but it's going to be a fun first rd with all the unknowns.
Yeah, seriously thinking about going to the draft this year for my bachelor party. It's the last one that will be in person, right? Could be a fun few days, since it'll be in Vegas.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Columbus
Buffalo
Arizona

Maybe karma can happen and we win the lottery to #1 from #3 spot from the Blackhawks?

gunnergunther

Jul 3, 2010
Yeah, seriously thinking about going to the draft this year for my bachelor party. It's the last one that will be in person, right? Could be a fun few days, since it'll be in Vegas.
I think they're just doing away with the teams being on the floor. The drafts will still be done in person, at least for the 1st round I assume. Its just that the team managements will be in their command rooms back home, like in the NFL.

Reactions: lwvs84

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
How is it possible that the bottom 3 teams are in top 6 for hardest strength of schedule remaining. Crazy schedule stuff.

Fun fact, the Ducks won 9 games in the first 15 games of the year. Since then they have gone 9-26-2, a 44 point pace over an 82 games season.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
How is it possible that the bottom 3 teams are in top 6 for hardest strength of schedule remaining. Crazy schedule stuff.

Fun fact, the Ducks won 9 games in the first 15 games of the year. Since then they have gone 9-26-2, a 44 point pace over an 82 games season.
So if it weren't for the hot streak earlier in the season, the Ducks are actually worse than last season?

That doesn't seem ideal.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I think they're just doing away with the teams being on the floor. The drafts will still be done in person, at least for the 1st round I assume. Its just that the team managements will be in their command rooms back home, like in the NFL.

I don't remember the source but what I read was they are doing away with in person altogether. So it will be like the Drsydale draft.

Stupid IMO because for trade purposes it's good to have all the GM's together.

Reactions: Kalv

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
There's pros and cons to having all the GMs together. Sometimes you don't want other teams rubbernecking to see who is talking with whom. The GM is not always the sole decision maker (though he may have the final say) and it's difficult to consult with your staff openly in the midst of the draft. The privacy of a team's war room may facilitate more discussions for deals that just "pop up" live during the draft.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I don't remember the source but what I read was they are doing away with in person altogether. So it will be like the Drsydale draft.

No it will be decentralized like the NFL. Players and the league will be an a location, but the team officials will do the draft from their offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad