2024 “Tank” Thread

Where will the Ducks finish in the standings?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Isn't the rule that a team can't move up more than twice? Slightly different. Ie, if Chicago finishes last and the the teams placed 12-16 both win the lottery Chicago would technically end up with first and not win the lotto. Low chances but possible. Might be mis-remembering though.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Isn't the rule that a team can't move up more than twice? Slightly different. Ie, if Chicago finishes last and the the teams placed 12-16 both win the lottery Chicago would technically end up with first and not win the lotto. Low chances but possible. Might be mis-remembering though.
Yes, winning the lottery that means moving up. But I assume we're just talking about this season, and Chicago isn't finishing last. So they would have to actually win the draw to get #1 overall.

Reactions: DavidBL

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I honestly and wholeheartedly believe that if neither San José nor Anaheim nor Columbus nor Phoenix win the lottery this season, that there ought to be more than enough circumstantial evidence for the authorities to take a long and deep look at the NHL's draft lottery.
What do you mean „authorities“? It’s a private business, the league is the authority. The lottery is most certainly „notarized“ (non-technically speaking) by some third-party lawfirm and teams that would have some kind of doubts could probably make inquiries about the agreed upon procedure of it, but they aren’t going to sue the league for rigging a lottery without any potential proof other than distrust given outcomes that could be construed as financially beneficial for franchises and thus the league.

If it was rigged (and it most certainly isn’t), all teams would be in on it and have agreed to live and die by whatever the handed out script tells them to beforehand. Can’t take that belief away from people, but it’s pretty pointless.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
All but a formality of what you already knew at this point, but the Jackets win over Colorado puts them 10 points clear with 7 games left. Top-3 lottery and no worse than a third top-5 pick in 4 years virtually guaranteed.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Obviously Celebrini is the best player but man a future top if everyone hits of

Gauthier-Carlsson-Zegras
Who cares-McTavish-Demidov

has me salivating

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I’m fairly down on Terry this year but that’s absurd. Other than Zegras nobody on this team has proven they can produce at his pace for a full season. He’s putting up respectable numbers on a shit team.
I can like or dislike who i want, thank you very much. Numbers aside i don't like how he plays the game.

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
He won't be the best for long, id argue he isnt now. Never said trade him for scraps either. You can upgrade on players in trades you know. Just because he's the "best" on this team doesn't mean he's great. We can do better imo.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I don’t think it’s a conversation that needs to be had right now tbh.

Worst case scenario you have guys like terry/killorn on the 3rd line, our cap isn’t going to be a issue for a few years

Reactions: Ducks DVM

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Terry is our only good RH shot forward now and on the foreseeable future. It's probably not as big of an issue as D playing their off side, but he's also the only natural RW.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Terry is our only good RH shot forward now and on the foreseeable future. It's probably not as big of an issue as D playing their off side, but he's also the only natural RW.
I have a feeling we will draft a bunch of RH players this draft since its full of great options

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I have a feeling we will draft a bunch of RH players this draft since its full of great options
But no guarantees any of them end up making an impact any time soon or ever. I think all of the forwards in the top 12 are LH shots, but Demidov is listed as a RW. Ducks may move forward for D if by some miracle they win #1 overall, if they draft Demidov they could move Terry when he comes over. If they go forward this year, one of the forwards will be moved and I really doubt it will be this year's pick, Carlsson, or Gauthier. I can see scenarios where any of Zegras (has been benched a couple of times), McTavish (penalty machine), or Terry (oldest of the bunch) are moved for a good, young RHD. No matter who the Ducks pick, I don't think this summer is the one where the move is made, though.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Columbus got 2 points so unless we win out and they don’t get another point the absolute worst case scenario is pick 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad