GDT: 2023 World Series: (AL) Texas Rangers vs (NL) Arizona Diamondbacks

TEX vs ARI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
Arizona is not a big market in baseball

You're looking for the LA's, NY's, Atlanta's of the league? Or maybe you're bummed that the Blue Jays choke every season? Idk. It's just super weird behavior to not have posted in the baseball section of this site in over a year, certainly not at all this postseason, only to come in now, out of your way, and tell everyone how bored you are with this matchup? What kind of main character complex is that lol.
My posting history over the past year is empty in general.

These two teams simply are not interesting to me. Again, to me. I'm not sure why you're so upset over someone else's opinion.

Philly vs. Houston repeat would've been phenomenal.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Arizona is not a big market in baseball

You're looking for the LA's, NY's, Atlanta's of the league? Or maybe you're bummed that the Blue Jays choke every season? Idk. It's just super weird behavior to not have posted in the baseball section of this site in over a year, certainly not at all this postseason, only to come in now, out of your way, and tell everyone how bored you are with this matchup? What kind of main character complex is that lol.

lol are you the posting police checking to see how long someone has not posted in baseball section jesus it's jut his opinion settle down there wanna be copper.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
My posting history over the past year is empty in general.

These two teams simply are not interesting to me. Again, to me. I'm not sure why you're so upset over someone else's opinion.

Philly vs. Houston repeat would've been phenomenal.

So like I said, you're one of those people who only wanna see the big market teams win

Just super weird to go out of your to tell everyone how bored you are, as if anyone else cares

lol are you the posting police checking to see how long someone has not posted in baseball section jesus it's jut his opinion settle down there wanna be copper.

Yes

Umingmak

Oct 12, 2014
Wildeye Brewing
So like I said, you're one of those people who only wanna see the big market teams win

Just super weird to go out of your to tell everyone how bored you are, as if anyone else cares
Wrong.

The Green Bay Packers are an extremely small market team. They're exciting as hell when they're good. This isn't about small vs. large markets. This is about two irrelevant footnotes in the history of the sport. Meh.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wrong.

The Green Bay Packers are an extremely small market team. They're exciting as hell when they're good. This isn't about small vs. large markets. This is about two irrelevant footnotes in the history of the sport. Meh.

Yes, the big baseball markets, teams that are perennially (trying to) compete for a championship, that always seem to attract the free agents

Mets
Yankees
Dodgers
Astros
Braves
Phillies
Cubs

The teams that attract all the bandwagon fans because they get the most media attention and spend the most money year after year. I know the type you're looking for, you're just being pedantic.

And to be frank it doesn't really surprise me that that's how you pick baseball teams, considering you look like you're a Canadian who picked the Red Wings as your team, I'm guessing during their dynasty era, and you probably wish every Cup final was Red Wings, Bruins, Leafs, Canadiens, Blackhawks and Rangers.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Wrong.

This is hillarious. The Packers are one of the biggest and most popular sports franchises worldwide with a big global following.

The Diamondbacks and some of those other teams you named and tried to claim as 'big market' (Fla. Panthers, Texas Rangers) don't hold a candle.

Last edited:
Reactions: AKL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Wrong.

The Packers may be playing in a uniquely small market, but they are still one of the biggest fan bases in the NFL, which, as always, play by different rules than everyone else when it comes to marketing and appeal. The Packers themselves are an outlier to everything.

Dallas, in the NFL, is perhaps the biggest market because the Cowboys are who they are. Dallas, in MLB, are not. It you’re a big market in one, you should be in the other.

Baseball is not a national appeal sport the way it used to. It just isn’t. People talking about big vs. small markets, it is demonstrably better for baseball that big markets going far and into the World Series is better for them and networks. There’s nothing wrong from a competitive standpoint that more parity exists, but for stuff like this to matter, you have to have marketable stars created, and while it’s been better recently, they don’t really do that.

The NBA and NFL can pretty much guarantee that the best players in the league are there at the end, that’s why they can get so hot regardless of who is there, while MLB and the NHL can’t. MLB can’t even get their best player into the expanded playoffs. Not saying it’s all the same, but you can be Sacramento or Memphis or San Antonio in the NBA and be an attraction if you’re good just as when the Knicks or Lakers are bad, be meaningless as well.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
With more wild card teams the randomness of baseball has taken charge. Feels like it cheapens the 162 game season. Oh well

Not sure it would have/will make much of a difference, but there is zero reason not re-seed in the LDS. We might get Phillies-DBacks anyway, but it should have been ATL-ARZ and LAD-PHI.

Not having the best record play the worst remaining record really cheapens the regular season.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Half the league makes the playoffs in the NHL. Same as basketball. A smaller percentage of teams make in MLB. I don’t think your argument is valid.
It is when you include randomness. Baseball is much more random with more moving parts than hockey. Which is why an 84 win team who got outscored across 162 games is in the World Series. You can’t compare the sport. Actually it’s insulting to compare it.

Hockey has structural parity. NBA is a superstar driven league. Baseball neither matters. I’ve always said baseball’s best comparable is golf.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
It is when you include randomness. Baseball is much more random with more moving parts than hockey. Which is why an 84 win team who got outscored across 162 games is in the World Series. You can’t compare the sport. Actually it’s insulting to compare it.

Hockey has structural parity. NBA is a superstar driven league. Baseball neither matters. I’ve always said baseball’s best comparable is golf.

It was just a few months ago that an essentially 42-40 Florida team went to the SCF. 6 years ago the 41-41 Preds. 11 years ago the Kings won the cup with a losing record…

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
It does say hand-carved. I guess it technically could be your hand but that would be weird

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why is Gallen a pumpkin now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad