GDT: 2023 World Series: (AL) Texas Rangers vs (NL) Arizona Diamondbacks

TEX vs ARI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What crap. Tied for the third best record in the AL. Fourth best run differential in all of MLB. The Rangers were great most of the season.

Their pythagorean run diff argues they shoulda won 105 games. I feel they maybe pulled an ironic as it is 2022 Rangers and exceeded expectations early...Rangers fell short in the ECF but it ended up hurting them since then...we'll see how Texas does now that expectations will remain high...they may regress some next year

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Well that's something I can safely say I never expected to see in my lifetime. Grew up going to games in the metal bleachers 3 stadiums ago.

Just takes the right group to reverse half a century of futility. And an owner finally treating the franchise like the big market team it should be.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Their pythagorean run diff argues they shoulda won 105 games. I feel they maybe pulled an ironic as it is 2022 Rangers and exceeded expectations early...Rangers fell short in the ECF but it ended up hurting them since then...we'll see how Texas does now that expectations will remain high...they may regress some next year
Their bullpen fell apart later in the season and lost them a bunch of games they should have won. Those same guys got it back together in the playoffs.

Regressing from a World Series win isn't a big deal. They'll probably also have several new pitchers, which may itself counteract any other natural regression from their offense.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Congrats to the Rangers on their long awaited first WS win in franchise history. Their 11-0 road playoff record is something I never see being equaled. I thought they were dead in September, but they managed to get hot like they were in the early part of the season.

Congrats to the Diamondbacks too on this Cinderella playoff run of there's. Amazing how this WS featured 2 teams who lost over 100 games just 2 seasons ago.

Reactions: piqued

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
They had the same record as their division leader and a better record than the AL Central winner.

That really ain’t saying much lol, that division f***ing sucked…Rangers obviously a very good team though

The poster you’re reasoning to just trashes every team and player on this forum anyway

Reactions: piqued and Voight

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
shocked they didn't blow it. congrats to all the rangers fans here. must feel good after all these years and 2011

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Nice to see the Rangers finally win their first World Series. Was happy to see guys like Semien and Seagar, their two big ticket free agent acquisitions, win it for the franchise. Bochy is awesome -- 4 titles is impressive. Little to no fanfare about it, but Mike Maddux finally getting a ring is also nice to see. He's been coaching forever it feels like.

Also, top marks to the broadcast. I always find they capture the celebrations perfectly, from each angle, and of each individual/group. From the position players, to the bench and coaches in the dugout, to the bullpen, and even those in the press box suite. My favourite moments of the winning celebration is seeing each person's reaction the moment the final out is made.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
How did I not know there were baseball forums here? Well damn. As a Ranger fan living in Ranger, TX this meant a lot to me. Although my wife was on standby to call an ambulance if we got down to the last strike and blew it again.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Jacob de Grom is a World Series champion
I've always wondered how MLB classifies their World Series champions. I know any player who played for the team throughout the year will get a ring, even if they were traded away.

But unlike the NHL where only 52 names can get on the Cup, and certain criteria thresholds must be attained to do so, is there a list or banner or something to that effect which MLB has outlining a year's WS champions?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00