Blue Jays GDT: 2023 v9 | Thu, Aug 24 | @ BAL | 7:00pm ET/4:00pm PT | Berrios vs Gibson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Disaster of a season lol. Talk to fans of 2/3 of the league and see if they would trade with us.

You have a core group of guys that you expect to carry the team offensively. Simply put, they aren’t getting it done. Not sure you can blame Atkins for that. The pitching and bullpen are lights out, I can’t blame him for thinking Springer, Kirk, Vladdy and Chapman would snap out of it
Disaster is probably too strong a word but when a Team doesn't meet expectations it's certainly disappointing.
2/3 of the league wouldn't have the same expectations.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They have the softest part of their schedule coming up so 90 wins in theory is still attainable.
Would 20-13 be their best string of the season? Is it realistic?

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Disaster is probably too strong a word but when a Team doesn't meet expectations it's certainly disappointing.
2/3 of the league wouldn't have the same expectations.
I think people get caught up in the Rogers marketing hype.
I came out of Spring Training thinking the window was 88-92 wins.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
They have the softest part of their schedule coming up so 90 wins in theory is still attainable.
Would 20-13 be their best string of the season? Is it realistic?
No not when your team sucks. They are pure garbage offensively. Shutout 8 times since June. That’s f***ing despicable. Need a miracle for that to change

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
No not when your team sucks. They are pure garbage offensively. Shutout 8 times since June. That’s f***ing despicable. Need a miracle for that to change
You don’t really suck if you’re on pace for 90ish wins.

Think back to December and January when they were making moves to re-shape the team, and remind yourself of what your expectations were then?

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005

Think back to December and January when they were making moves to re-shape the team, and remind yourself of what your expectations were then?
Expectations were playoffs or bust. To me not making the playoffs means you suck especially when that’s the expectation.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Disaster of a season lol. Talk to fans of 2/3 of the league and see if they would trade with us.

You have a core group of guys that you expect to carry the team offensively. Simply put, they aren’t getting it done. Not sure you can blame Atkins for that. The pitching and bullpen are lights out, I can’t blame him for thinking Springer, Kirk, Vladdy and Chapman would snap out of it
It’s a disaster relative to expectations.

If the Leafs or Oilers missed the playoffs without any sustained major injuries, it’d be correctly classified as a disaster of a season.

Atkins literally not doing a single significant thing about the offense all season is bewildering and worthy of criticism.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

MK78

Apr 8, 2023
They have been stuck at around 10 games over .500 since middle of July and haven't been able to make any progress forward.

last I checked 10 games over .500 doesn't get you to 90 wins at the end of the season.

They are a middling team in the AL East that has been lucky to be in a wild card spot until a week ago, with both the Red Sox and Yankees struggling this season.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
They are a middling team in the AL East that has been lucky to be in a wild card spot until a week ago, with both the Red Sox and Yankees struggling this season.

They're "lucky" that the Red Sox and Yankees are struggling? Aren't the Jays also "struggling"? The reason why they are only 10 games above .500 is because....key players are struggling.

All three of these teams (Jays, Red Sox, Yankees) have had a lot go wrong this season. The Jays are still way ahead of the other two, because they are a better team. I don't understand this melodramatic attempt to play with words to make it seem like what, the other two are better teams but we're just lucky to be ahead lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad