2023 Training Camp

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
What's your opinion on onyebuchi? Any nhl potential?

He was an AHL third-pairing, physical defenseman who was mostly known for getting into fights while he was with the Barracuda. He does skate pretty well for a guy his size, though.

Let's just say I was surprised someone gave him an ELC, especially since he went down with an injury midway through last season. I'm not looking forward to him being on an opposing team, though.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
Yeah but looks like he’s injured. It weird that they are allowed to put Okhotiuk on IR. He was skating in a regular jersey today.
He didn’t participate with the rest of the team. Just because he has a regular jersey doesn’t mean he is healthy.

He also has incentive to take his time because he is paid NHL pay while injured and there is a possibility he is sent down to make a lot less.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Quinn talks about the young guys making an impact even without points but Lafreniere and Kakko didn't do so. The latter two don't kill penalties, they don't take big draws, not out there in crunch time, nothing. Is that on Quinn and does he actually know how to teach Eklund and Bordeleau to do the little things?

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Quinn talks about the young guys making an impact even without points but Lafreniere and Kakko didn't do so. The latter two don't kill penalties, they don't take big draws, not out there in crunch time, nothing. Is that on Quinn and does he actually know how to teach Eklund and Bordeleau to do the little things?
Right, but that's why Quinn didn't play those two.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

That defense, though...

ElectricImperturbableFreshwatereel-max-1mb.gif

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
If only we had an elite Norris caliber Defenseman in his prime instead of trading him away for next to nothing.
I know, right? I'm extremely disappointed that the Sharks might not be capable of finishing with the fourth worst record in the league this year.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
What strange contracts we are seeing...Scheifele getting paid like Hertl; Dahlin getting paid like Karlsson!

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad