2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Not listening to offers is simply incompetent management.

What if a team offered you two 1sts and an A prospect? Would you turn down the Jeannot package?

Sorry, your job as a GM is to at least listen to all offers.
I wouldn't listen right now. The team is already weak at center, him, Roslovic and Kuray being the only true centers on the roster right now. Boone still has 3 years left on his deal so even just waiting until the summer won't hurt his value too much. Trading Boone is a move you don't do right now unless you have replacement lined up, like with Hayes or Miller. (Not saying to trade for either of those 2, they are just centers I know are rumored to be on the market.)

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I think we're done for this TDL. Got the business done, now focus on player development and the off-season/draft. (Jarmo mentioned in the presser that he and his staff are looking at all the top-projected draft players, he sounded like he wants to make absolutely sure they have the players ranked correctly.)

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
Didn't Jarmo used to say if I don't listen to all the players, I wouldn't be doing my job. Also made a reference about Gretzky. If Gretzky got traded then anyone can.
As far as we know they aren’t even Jarmo’s words. They’re a report of what sources have said.
it's pr spin for optics.

the reality is probably "we're not actively shopping our captain but if someone blew us away with an offer we'd trade him in an instant" but that wouldn't really play well in the public or in the room.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
A90BBE8C-6E5D-4260-863A-00C751A68ACB.jpeg

yeah this is real weird.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not sure "resounding success" is accurate, given the bungled Boston deal. Look at some of the other trades. Picks clearly don't hold much value this deadline.

They got assets, sure. Had Jarmo moved a little sooner you're probably talking about maybe another mid round pick in there and maybe some of those non-1sts are bumped up a round.

Why would you still think about the Boston deal?
They ended up with a better 1st rounder via LA trade.

He also created ton of cap space for next year and has set them up to an ideal position to take advantage of teams in cap hell

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Best not to take Jarmo's words literally here. He isn't the type to plug his ears or hold players sacred. He'll listen. A Jenner trade is not going to happen for practical reasons, not because he is a sacred cow.

Still if those are just late 1sts, that's not worth it. You probably won't even get a Boone Jenner level player out of it after years of waiting and you've just mired the current club deeper into a leaderless morass. We wouldn't even be offered what we shouldn't accept so it's such a stupid conversation.
Yeah, who knows what kind of a player you would get from a late 1st or a 2nd...where was Boone drafted? Oh, yeah 2nd round.

And thank you for coming down from your lofty perch to engage in a stupid conversation.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
How much are they paying us?
we're gonna have like $15m of cap space going into next year and that's before considering potential roslovic (+$4m) or peeke (+$2.75m) trades. they can easily fit kevin hayes into the picture.

also, if we end up with bedard, hayes' deal will come off the books the same summer that bedard's ELC expires.

i'm all for it.

Reactions: Toe Pick

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think Jarmo needs to take the calls, but guys like Boone likely will be more valuable to us than what we would receive in trade value. Short of management saying "we need to suck again next year" then I don't think it makes sense to consider trading him.

I'm still hopeful we may be able to clear out some of the depth - especially Roslovic. Would be great if someone needed some muscle and needed Gudbranson but that is a pipe dream.
We also have a little depth on blue line - we have Zach W (LD), Gudbranson (RD), Boquist (RD), Bean (LD/RD), Blankenberg (RD) and Peeke (RD) all signed. Assuming Jiricek (RD) will be the roster.. That is 7 and I would assume we would have to be targeting another top 4 guy. I also assume Mateychuk will need another year or two.
Again would love to move Gudbranson but more than likely maybe Boquist, Peeke or Blankenberg. I'm excluding Bean since he is hurt.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
It’s pretty sad that we have to consider Kevin Hayes because he’d probably be our best center (or very close to it)

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad