2023 Trade Deadline (03/03/23 3PM EST)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn’t want Chychrun but it’s really a kick in the taint that he’s ok with playing in Arizona and Ottawa but not Columbus.
To be fair, he had no choice to play in Arizona.

And also, I think he was just content with getting out of there. I think he would have stomached a deal with us, but probably not signed long term. And who knows, he may not even sign long term in Ottawa either

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Didn’t want Chychrun but it’s really a kick in the taint that he’s ok with playing in Arizona and Ottawa but not Columbus.
Are we sure it was Columbus?
Sounds like Armstrong was saying that deal would have been for 2 back end of the 1st round draft picks? We had the 12th in 2022 and that is more midround.
Again I heard all the talk that at the deadline he wasn't crazy about coming here (and later refuted) but I couldn't tell from the quote if it was indeed the CBJ?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Sounds like Armstrong was saying that deal would have been for 2 back end of the 1st round draft picks? We had the 12th in 2022 and that is more midround.
Again I heard all the talk that at the deadline he wasn't crazy about coming here (and later refuted) but I couldn't tell from the quote if it was indeed the CBJ?
Friedman has confirmed a few times that he didn’t want to come here.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Was probably Ceulemans and something. He was a late 1st so I wonder if thats how Armstrong evaluated him. The rumor I heard with 12th was they wanted it for Geekie but then pulled off that trade with San Jose. Man that was a bad trade for Grier :laugh:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017

Yeah, not surprised. Why would he want to move to a team that's 10 points behind Coyotes? He wanted to go to a playoff team. Didnt quite get that, but at least Ottawa are contending for playoffs, and he has family in there. Cbj fans will point at the injury situation that has led to this, but a player from another conference wont know or even care about the excuses.

And, im not even sure I would have wanted him after reading this unsettling stuff :laugh:

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Did you forget about how bad the Blue Jackets are this year? What's surprising about preferring to play for a much better team?

His family is from Ottawa, he grew up doing summers there. He also supposedly chose Ottawa over Buffalo, and Bill Armstrong did Chychrun a favor in steering him to his choice. I think Kevyn Adams spoke about being upset that he didn't get his guy despite putting out the better offer, I didn't read too much into it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad