Prospect Info: 2023 Rookie Faceoff @ Vegas 9/15-18

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Sounds like Musty might have had a better showing than Eklund did in his immediately post draft prospect tournament. He's nine months younger than Eklund would have been too.
He's pretty much my favorite type of prospect: the kind who falls in the draft but not really for any worrying type of reason. Now that he's healthy (from mono, not like a knee injury) and back up to speed physically, he's looking like the kind of guy who very easily could have worked his way into the top 15 in the draft, at the very least.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Mukhamadullin looks like a steal that's for sure, I'm just wondering if he can play on right side? That would help a lot since there is an avalanche of LD in the system. With his potential he could take one of Thrun or Ferraro as his pair.
Thrun - Mukhamadullin looks good, that's for sure.
Make one of the useless defensemen play the offside not one of the potential top pairing prospects.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Still blows my mind how much criticism Grier got for that trade. He turned a 27 year old winger on an expiring deal into potentially three first round level assets.

If Mukh pans out and the Devils get to the third round this year, the haul is pretty insane for Meier. Musty, Mukhamadullin and another 1st would be insane. But yeah, it’s looking pretty great now. Still curious how Okhotiuk looks too.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
If Mukh pans out and the Devils get to the third round this year, the haul is pretty insane for Meier. Musty, Mukhamadullin and another 1st would be insane. But yeah, it’s looking pretty great now. Still curious how Okhotiuk looks too.
Even if it's just a 2nd rounder, that's a hell of a return for a player it made zero sense for us to sign. I think Zetterlund probably ends up a solid bottom six forward too.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I have hopes for Zets as well. MGGM wanted him in this trade. He knew something. I’m willing to see what it was.

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
I don't know why and I have no idea if their playstyles are remotely close other than that they are both power forwards but I have feeling Zetterlund could be our Hornqvist if he really hits.

Reactions: Alaskanice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad