Prospect Info: 2023 Rookie Faceoff @ Vegas 9/15-18

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Any thoughts on Eklund? Did he show that he has enough skill to score alot at even strength in the NHL? Or will he need powerplay time to score?
I don't think one game in preseason against only young players is indicative of much. Eklund scored well enough last year (for an awful team), and hopefully will score some for the Sharks.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Any thoughts on Eklund? Did he show that he has enough skill to score alot at even strength in the NHL? Or will he need powerplay time to score?

He looked faster, and generally like the best player on the ice but also very rusty, which is to be expected. He made some beautiful passes that people didn’t score on. I think he’ll get 40-55 pts this year, and my theory is that the second half is going to be when he really takes off (I think he’s a very cerebral player and once he figures out what works in the NHL he’s going to become the guy we all want him to be).

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Sharks have a lot of forwards to choose from this year, and their best potential defencemen are in AHL (Mukh and Thrun). I really hope they don't hesitate bringing up players if they play better. We need for this Sharks team to take step towards future this season. It's probably obvious that Eklund will get his Sharks time this year, I just hope they don't keep better guys in Barracuda just because they have to play Lindblom, Kunin, Simek etc.

Keeping players in Barracuda for eternity can do damage for some players, since it's not even close to the best development team of the AHL. Also some players thrive better and find their game/role when they are brought up. Getting advantage of playing with seasoned veterans like Hertl, Couture can help young wingers that are a step away from minor or major success. With potential players I mean the absolute best potential relative to the Sharks in Bordeleau, Mukhamadullin, Thrun and maybe Gushchin.

I know this is nothing new to chew on, but I hope that in this training camp they keep an eye on the younger players even more.
To give a more hot take example: If Musty has a monster training camp/preseason, play him 9 games with the Sharks. Give him a chance to show if he is for real sooner than later, if he is not send him to OHL after max 8-9 games. He'll go back to OHL with the things he learned and come back even better next year.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Chinaski89

May 17, 2019
He's pretty much my favorite type of prospect: the kind who falls in the draft but not really for any worrying type of reason. Now that he's healthy (from mono, not like a knee injury) and back up to speed physically, he's looking like the kind of guy who very easily could have worked his way into the top 15 in the draft, at the very least.
Mono ruined my life. I fear for anyone who gets an active EBV infection. I recovered and four months later developed an autoimmune disease.

Make one of the useless defensemen play the offside not one of the potential top pairing prospects.
Just put Ferraro on the right side. Didn’t he do that in college a bit? He should be off the team when his contract is up anyways.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
This week's Cuda Confidential podcast includes alot of the interview interviews from the three games. Quinn, Nabby and Will among the interviews.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Mono ruined my life. I fear for anyone who gets an active EBV infection. I recovered and four months later developed an autoimmune disease.

Just put Ferraro on the right side. Didn’t he do that in college a bit? He should be off the team when his contract is up anyways.
I got it in first grade, if you can believe it. Sorry to hear the lasting effects you had to deal with.

As far as Ferraro on the right, he definitely has done it and can do it, but I always worry that it's another thing that's making life a little harder for him to reach the levels we've all hoped he's capable of reaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad