GDT: 2023 Rookie Faceoff Challenge - Las Vegas - September 15-18

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'd waive Boyd. Nobody would claim him and he wouldn't mind playing in Tucson for a bit. Doan doesn't work out you just swap them.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Langlois has been way more impressive than I ever thought he would be.

Raty has been good too IMO. Solid grinder. I'd rather give him the time than Boyd.

I have to say it's hilarious that the ice cleanup is being commentated on.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Cooley is trying too hard to do too much now and keeps giving the puck up.

There were severally shitty clear attempts from behind the net from a d-man, not sure who it was...Goldsmith possibly/

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
Langlois has been way more impressive than I ever thought he would be.

Raty has been good too IMO. Solid grinder. I'd rather give him the time than Boyd.

I have to say it's hilarious that the ice cleanup is being commentated on.
It will be interesting to see where he plays this year. He hasn't signed a deal but has player 4 years of junior so he would be eligible to play in the A.
I wonder if BA has tried to sign him but he's asking for more than the brain trust feels he's worth? :dunno:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Doan. He’s continuing his development. When I watched him in Tucson last year, the speed didn’t seem to bother him but it was the details. He won every board battle and put himself in a position to make the right play. That continued today. Don’t think he’ll be an electric player, but I do believe Doan can be an NHL player. He just does so many things right.

Cooley. The hype is real, but imo he holds onto the puck too long. It’s fun and flashy against 18-20 year olds, but I’m afraid if he doesn’t adjust he’s gonna have a rough few weeks in the NHL. Still, electric player. Nasty edge to him too. Several times he would whack a guy behind the play. Loved him. Absolutely stoked to have a player with this much flash wear an AZ jersey.

Guenther. Surprisingly involved in all three zone. Great back checking all night long. Had some solid offensive looks. It’s nice to see a player wearing a Coyotes jersey that throws everything on net.

Geekie. This was a player who was focused all game. The on/off switch was switched on today. Didn’t have a ton of offensive looks but when the puck was in the offensive zone, he made the right play every time. Solid defensively. If he has this level of consistency I don’t see how he isn’t a regular NHL player. He did seem gassed a lot though. First game back from summer, but fitness could be an issue here.

Lamoreaux. Honestly? Not impressed. Every time he was in the defensive zone he always found a way to fall down. Probably needs more strength. He was arguably the tallest guy out there. He does make solid outlet passes. Doesn’t force much. Not saying he played bad, but was outshined by my favorite player of the night. Which was;

Szuber. I absolutely loved everything about this player. Played heavy. Big guy. Moved great for a big guy. Made great passes and plays all night. Hopefully he plays tomorrow. I want to watch him more. He was on the ice for two.

Goldsmith. If this guy becomes good at hockey we might like this player. Haha.

Lombardi. Keep an eye out on this kid. He did a ton of good things tonight and stood out more than the other guys who likely don’t stand a chance. Had a great first two periods. Not entirely sure he played at all in the third though. Hahaha

Langlois - oof. Rough outing for this kid. He did not look ready for this game. Seems like the type of player who forgets how to play once it passes the red line and goes to our defensive zone.

Lutz: I liked this player a lot. He just seemed to do everything right. Made the right move and right play every time he had the puck. Hard to forecast where he ends up, but he looked more ready than most guys who aren’t high profile.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Cooley had the same exact criticisms early in his draft year and then again early in his freshman year. This is how he adjusts right before he dominates. Let him cook.

I thought Doan was amazing. Hardest working player for either team by a mile.

Langlois was surprisingly good on the PP and surprisingly bad in all other situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad