GDT: 2023 Regular Season Thread

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
It’s really amazing how good of a hitter Bo bichette is, and also equally amazing how much he sucks as a shortstop….

Reactions: GOilers88

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
degrom getting hammered

Seeing him literally look like he did in September last year is pretty scary. I think it'll take 5 starts or so to have an idea but I think anyone expecting him to be a sub 2.50 ERA pitcher anymore is in for disappointment

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Great pitching dual last night in the Seattle Cleveland game.

Cleveland relief pitcher got rattled by the pitch clock violation. The crowd jumped on it.

Banning the shift may be the making of Jared Kelenic living up to potential.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm assuming he'll be suspended for that. don't think MLB wants their players putting their hands on fans

i'm all for players not taking shit from idiot hecklers, but no need to get physical

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Does anyone else like the 2-pickoff limit rule? Not only does it speed up the game but it also encourages to bring back the stolen base.

I pretty much like all the rule changes on the field for 2023. Every single one is great. (Amazing how when you test things in the minors and pick and choose the ones that work, what happens).

Yeah, there's gonna be some weird non-sense -- like a strike was called on Jeff McNeil because a baserunner didn't get back to first base after a foul fast enough -- but the players will adapt and in three months, baseball will just BE a faster sport.

It's the OFF the field stuff I hate... like the new schedule. It's ridiculously dumb to play everyone in the league one series every year. Too many teams, not enough series. It's also really dumb that division rivals are playing less. Like, the Mets/Marlins will play 7 games in 11 days from March 30 to April 9th.... and then play 7 more times total the rest of the season.

It's just a bad business decision to play fewer games in your own time zone and more games out of the time zone. I just want them to add two teams and go to four leagues of eight: West, South, American (MW/East), and National (MW/East). Who'd be unhappy?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Gary Sanchez finally found a deal, albeit a minor league one

As someone who sells sports memorabilia, Gary Sanchise Sanchez used to be a cash cow.

Good thing I sold years ago....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad