• Adam Wilsby

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
Also I don’t understand the leap from “tomasino didn’t have a good camp” to “tomasino didn’t work hard last summer.” There are other reasons to have a bad camp.

Could be:

-confused about role
-worked hard all summer but on the wrong things
-trying to do too much
-tensing up because of the pressure to perform or be sent to Milwaukee

Or of course, didn’t work hard enough in the off-season.

Or any combination of these.

“Confusion about role” seems pretty likely, with all the context we know from the outside. (Also note that Tolvanen literally said this about his Nashville time once he was in Seattle)

It’s probably not a big deal, but the assumption that a subpar camp definitely means something about his work ethic seems pretty unfounded to me.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Also I don’t understand the leap from “tomasino didn’t have a good camp” to “tomasino didn’t work hard last summer.” There are other reasons to have a bad camp.

Could be:

-confused about role
-worked hard all summer but on the wrong things
-trying to do too much
-tensing up because of the pressure to perform or be sent to Milwaukee

Or of course, didn’t work hard enough in the off-season.

Or any combination of these.

“Confusion about role” seems pretty likely, with all the context we know from the outside. (Also note that Tolvanen literally said this about his Nashville time once he was in Seattle)

It’s probably not a big deal, but the assumption that a subpar camp definitely means something about his work ethic seems pretty unfounded to me.
Well, he did do f*** all to start in the AHL last season. The slow start and an injury delayed his return to the Preds, when he did get recalled he had mixed results but unfortunately when called upon to carry the team in the last 10 games he once again did f*** all. Something like one point in those 10 games if memory serves. Even with him pulling big minutes us fans were eagerly awaiting the return of Parssinen.

Being a NHL player isn't easy, if getting sent to the AHL sidetracks your carrier you may not have what it takes.

Reactions: Byrddog

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Luke E, not close for me other than smaller sample size. That guy was further ahead on call up than any young Pred I can recall. Maybe Arvy was better. Forsberg was not. Radulov similar but way behind defensively. Legwand was not. None of the myriad Scott/Scotties. I was shocked at how good he was and looking for him to rocket this year.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Luke E, not close for me other than smaller sample size. That guy was further ahead on call up than any young Pred I can recall. Maybe Arvy was better. Forsberg was not. Radulov similar but way behind defensively. Legwand was not. None of the myriad Scott/Scotties. I was shocked at how good he was and looking for him to rocket this year.
I definitely think Parssinen was "further ahead" than Evangelista. The former is just such a "complete" player already. Evangelista was both "fun" and "a little surprising" at the same time, which made him a joy to watch. But he has nothing like the full game that Parssinen already has. :dunno:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
k lets wrap this up , give Jusso #5 and move onto 6
Naw, you gotta let it play out. Was Parssinen up like 8-1 at one point? Then the Evangelista crowd took over. It's summer and we have lots of time, even us diehards aren't checking in every day anymore. We can let it play out.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Just a heads up...Since we're running these polls, I merged that top-39 prospect thread with the pinned prospect thread.

Carry on.

Reactions: PredsV82
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad