Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Will be another interesting offseason but they still have a great nucleus to build around for a few more runs if stars align properly. I trust our gm to make the most of what we got. Probably not much either, but what else is new there?

Reactions: Peacefool

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Extend hagel - for 8 years I’d guess 5-6.5 AVV

Sign - Colton 3 AVV for 6 years

Sign Tanner Jeannot- 2-3 year bridge 1.75 AVV

Wish - could keep killorn but just won’t happen unfortunately.

MICHAEL EYSSIMONT- sign him 1 year 1 AVV​

We need a defenseman- Luke schenn ? Gudas ? Basically something decent need help back there

Get vasy a new back up goalie

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
4th line - slow af for the regular season but boy did they bring it in the playoffs, good shit from the 3 vets.

Need to figure out how they want to use Paul, he's not a 3C and needs some skill to work with. I think you can try ABB-Paul-Stamkos as a line next season.

Cirelli had a great playoffs, I think you can re-create a line similar to this years 2nd line with Eyssmont-Cirelli-Colton next season.

Staple Hagel next to Point and Kucherov, that line jumped once he got back on it.

Perbix had a solid playoffs and he had so much composure against other teams top lines, Raddysh is someone I think will be more exposed once teams start doing their homework on him, don't think he's a guy you keep full time in the lineup.

Need both a depth RHD and LHD this season. Gudas and Schenn do look like the 2 who most fit the bill.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Extend hagel - for 8 years I’d guess 5-6.5 AVV

Sign - Colton 3 AVV for 6 years

Sign Tanner Jeannot- 2-3 year bridge 1.75 AVV

Wish - could keep killorn but just won’t happen unfortunately.

MICHAEL EYSSIMONT- sign him 1 year 1 AVV​

We need a defenseman- Luke schenn ? Gudas ? Basically something decent need help back there

Get vasy a new back up goalie
Sign Tanner Jeannot- 2-3 year bridge 900,000 AVV

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
If Killer is out I think it is last chance for ABB to make it at NHL, otherwise Ryfors or some other AHLer can try to get Killers spot, or JBB makes some good trade

Reactions: 2020 Cup Champions

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I know it won't happen but I can't let an offseason thread go by without my suggestion that we trade Stamkos. JBB approached him a couple of years ago so we know JBB believes this team can succeed without him. Stammer is an 8.5m regular season player but nowhere near that in the playoffs. You need production from guys making that amount of money and we all know he isn't going to bring it when the games matter most.

I'm also biased because my preference is always for a strong defensive team over an offensive team. We didn't start winning Cups until we stopped trying to outscore everyone and decided to play some defense. We need a McDonagh replacement, especially if Vasy never regains his prior form. Trade Stammer for a D-man or use the money freed up by trading him to sign someone.

I know it's not going to happen but I absolutely believe it needs to. Every year we talk about how poorly he plays in the playoffs, and it's obvious JBB recognizes it as well. Do something about it, finally.

Jeannot we have to re-sign, you can't give up what we did and let him walk. Cole, Perry, Bellemare, Maroon, and even Colton can all go as far as I'm concerned. Killer too if he wants more than 2-3 aav. Team looks old, slow, and tired, lets get some fresh legs and speed in here and focus on fortifying our defense above all.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Should let Jeannot walk but JBB would then be admitting he was wrong that’s not gonna happen. Some are thinking the D will be ok well I’m not convinced of that there struggles have made the best goalie in the world look average this year. I have no idea how they just let Killorn walk or Colton. There is no one to replace Killorns production and no young guys to replace Colton in the system. The staggered movement clauses on Sergi, Cirelli and Cernak were put there for a reason could it be those are the ones JBB will consider moving????? I just don’t know but he needs to shore up both scoring and defense on a budget and I’m not convinced he can get that done. Heddy needs to rebound, Kuch needs to increase the number of goals and lower his focus on assists. At some point Stammers numbers are going to wain which creates more issues, I mean if there were young guys in the system that had the potential to step in next year and just be close to 20 goals it would make things easier. If that were the case we would have seen them getting long looks after the trade deadline or for that matter after the AS break. They are just not there, ABB has seen his last chance I guess other than a plane crash taking out the entire top 9.

It stings losing to the Loafs especially three of the 4 wins in OT. The sobering thing they built their team to beat the Bolts they are going to get abused by someone before the PO’s are over. In no manner can we say the Bolts were much better than average the last half of the year and in the 1st round.

Again I have no idea how JBB fixes the corner he has placed himself in. And I saw it coming last off season and most here are doing exactly what they are now saying he will do his magic. The last year every time the magician stuck his hand in to pull out a rabbit he pulled out a skunk. I do not want to see this core wasted as it has been much of this year they deserve a better supporting group of players down the lineup. The 4th line was abysmal all year PEB and Perry especially. The wing on the 3rd did not get it done.

Fatigue has been an overused excuse here especially considering how few guys remain from three years ago. Funny I’m that Stammer Point, Kuch, Killorn all had strong years yet they were so tired. Now Vasi there may be something to that but we had no other option Elliott was just pitiful so Vasi could get no relief. Heddy I’m not sure the issue but he had a piss poor year Sergi decent year Cirelli’s spent so much time on the IR he should be rested about the same with Cernak. So please the excuse is not warranted also two of the last 4 years were reduced game years. At least we have not heard that the Bolts two cups don’t count because of reduced seasons much yet but I bet that’s coming.

Now all the pressure is on JBB he’s in a tough situation and I’m probably not going to like much of what he does because it is not going to make the team more competitive because he’s cap restrained in a corner. Hamstrung with movement clauses. We’re going to see on opening night I guess because there is just not much he can do currently to make the roster better but he can sure crash it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Should let Jeannot walk but JBB would then be admitting he was wrong that’s not gonna happen. Some are thinking the D will be ok well I’m not convinced of that there struggles have made the best goalie in the world look average this year. I have no idea how they just let Killorn walk or Colton. There is no one to replace Killorns production and no young guys to replace Colton in the system. The staggered movement clauses on Sergi, Cirelli and Cernak were put there for a reason could it be those are the ones JBB will consider moving????? I just don’t know but he needs to shore up both scoring and defense on a budget and I’m not convinced he can get that done. Heddy needs to rebound, Kuch needs to increase the number of goals and lower his focus on assists. At some point Stammers numbers are going to wain which creates more issues, I mean if there were young guys in the system that had the potential to step in next year and just be close to 20 goals it would make things easier. If that were the case we would have seen them getting long looks after the trade deadline or for that matter after the AS break. They are just not there, ABB has seen his last chance I guess other than a plane crash taking out the entire top 9.

It stings losing to the Loafs especially three of the 4 wins in OT. The sobering thing they built their team to beat the Bolts they are going to get abused by someone before the PO’s are over. In no manner can we say the Bolts were much better than average the last half of the year and in the 1st round.

Again I have no idea how JBB fixes the corner he has placed himself in. And I saw it coming last off season and most here are doing exactly what they are now saying he will do his magic. The last year every time the magician stuck his hand in to pull out a rabbit he pulled out a skunk. I do not want to see this core wasted as it has been much of this year they deserve a better supporting group of players down the lineup. The 4th line was abysmal all year PEB and Perry especially. The wing on the 3rd did not get it done.

Fatigue has been an overused excuse here especially considering how few guys remain from three years ago. Funny I’m that Stammer Point, Kuch, Killorn all had strong years yet they were so tired. Now Vasi there may be something to that but we had no other option Elliott was just pitiful so Vasi could get no relief. Heddy I’m not sure the issue but he had a piss poor year Sergi decent year Cirelli’s spent so much time on the IR he should be rested about the same with Cernak. So please the excuse is not warranted also two of the last 4 years were reduced game years. At least we have not heard that the Bolts two cups don’t count because of reduced seasons much yet but I bet that’s coming.

Now all the pressure is on JBB he’s in a tough situation and I’m probably not going to like much of what he does because it is not going to make the team more competitive because he’s cap restrained in a corner. Hamstrung with movement clauses. We’re going to see on opening night I guess because there is just not much he can do currently to make the roster better but he can sure crash it.
Trading all those picks for a guy we just let walk isn't good asset management. At least trade Jeannot for other things.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Bolts were on the wrong end of bad officiating, but we all knew this team would not get very far. It sucks that they lost to Toronto though. No 8 year contracts please.

Maelmoor

Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
4th line - slow af for the regular season but boy did they bring it in the playoffs, good shit from the 3 vets.

Need to figure out how they want to use Paul, he's not a 3C and needs some skill to work with. I think you can try ABB-Paul-Stamkos as a line next season.

Cirelli had a great playoffs, I think you can re-create a line similar to this years 2nd line with Eyssmont-Cirelli-Colton next season.

Staple Hagel next to Point and Kucherov, that line jumped once he got back on it.

Perbix had a solid playoffs and he had so much composure against other teams top lines, Raddysh is someone I think will be more exposed once teams start doing their homework on him, don't think he's a guy you keep full time in the lineup.

Need both a depth RHD and LHD this season. Gudas and Schenn do look like the 2 who most fit the bill.
I'm always impressed by the oldies on the fourth line when it comes to the playoffs, they do all the little things so well and it inspiring to see their hunger to give it all every shift

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
longshot chance, but we certainly talked about him enough in the past.

I would like to see that. Top 6 forward that has chemistry with Kuch, can't hurt that much to have.
But:
1) wonder what's the reason for the contract rupture with SKA. Some time has passed, but wasn't he considered to be a bit of a lazy guy when playing in NJ and Fla?
2) what would be the pricetag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad