Speculation: 2023 Off-Season Thread II: We're all gonna die edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
There are a TON of good options to fill out the roster, assuming Killorn is gone.

Limited cap space, but a lot of those guys should be getting 1 year deals so they can go back on the market when the cap increases .

Just hope JBB goes for young guys with some upside potential instead of playing it safe like he did last year with Names and Cole.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

Bolts Jolts is tweeting about having 10-11M in cap space to spend tomorrow if Killorn doesn't return and they dump or bury all of Fleury, Myers and Bogo.

Is this accurate?

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Bolts Jolts is tweeting about having 10-11M in cap space to spend tomorrow if Killorn doesn't return and they dump or bury all of Fleury, Myers and Bogo.

Is this accurate?
as it sits with them on roster, we have 7.3m, Bury Myers adds 1.2m, dump Bogo and Fleury adds another 1.6m, so yes we would have roughly 10.5m in cap to fill a lot of spots

Reactions: The Gongshow

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
as it sits with them on roster, we have 7.3m, Bury Myers adds 1.2m, dump Bogo and Fleury adds another 1.6m, so yes we would have roughly 10.5m in cap to fill a lot of spots
A lot of spots, yes. But if theres ever a year of a bounty of depth FAs its this one. Bolts might have struck some luck here.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Is this accurate?

If they waived all 3 to the minors yes close to that . If they waive just Myers it’s around 8.475 million in space

Vladdy for 2.5 AVV lol what a wonderful signing last year from JBB

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
There are a TON of good options to fill out the roster, assuming Killorn is gone.

Limited cap space, but a lot of those guys should be getting 1 year deals so they can go back on the market when the cap increases .

Just hope JBB goes for young guys with some upside potential instead of playing it safe like he did last year with Names and Cole.
I would love to sign schenn or gudas cheap because it would be our defense a lot. Then we need to sign or fill from within at least 3 forwards. Yamamoto would be a guy to try target for cheap top 6. Bottom 6 guys will be available just need JBB to sell Champa Bay and make up for the jeannot trade.

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Lightning to sign Conor Sheary and Luke Glendening. Sheary is a productive veteran with at least one ring on his resume. Older but still fast. Shrimpy but gives good effort. Solid signing for the third line. Glendening is a fourth liner only but he’s elite at defense, penalty killing, faceoffs etc

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Going from Killorn and Colton to Sheary and Glendening, hopefully the actual Killorn replacement is still coming, as neither of those guys are remotely close. The 4th line remains slow and old it seems, aside from Eyssimont, but perhaps a Crunch F or two will emerge as has been the case in the past.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Going from Killorn and Colton to Sheary and Glendening, hopefully the actual Killorn replacement is still coming, as neither of those guys are remotely close. The 4th line remains slow and old it seems, aside from Eyssimont, but perhaps a Crunch F or two will emerge as has been the case in the past.
Sheary is the Killorn replacement unfortunately

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No help is coming. We're all gonna die confirmed

b0lthed

Mar 7, 2023
Im just gonna ignore the negative nancies.

Even though TSN projected Sheary to make $3.7M, he’s not getting that and he’s not a top 6 forward. That projection is way off for a 30 year old third liner who made $1.5M each of the last two seasons. I expect that is his salary with us $1.5 or maybe even $1M

I think Sheary will be a nice wing on the third line. We need the speed. I’m looking forward to a bonafide scoring line wing to take Killorn’s spot.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Im just gonna ignore the negative nancies.

Even though TSN projected Sheary to make $3.7M, he’s not getting that and he’s not a top 6 forward. That projection is way off for a 30 year old third liner who made $1.5M each of the last two seasons. I expect that is his salary with us $1.5 or maybe even $1M

I think Sheary will be a nice wing on the third line. We need the speed. I’m looking forward to a bonafide scoring line wing to take Killorn’s spot.
That’s the Killorn replacement for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad