2023 NHL Entry Draft Thread (June 28-29, Nashville, TN) -- Who is your choice at 3rd?

Who do we choose?

• Fantilli

Votes: 23 11.4%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 138 68.3%
  • Smith

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • other

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Michkov

Votes: 16 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So I guess the question is.

What do the floors and ceilings of Carlsson and Smith project to be?

Carlsson seems to be the better off puck/defensive player? Bigger body and higher IQ guy. And when I talk about his IQ I don't just mean offensively, is he in the right spots to make plays in his own zone as well? I don't want the guy reading the play and cherry picking offensively, I want the guy whose reading the play and is a step ahead when the other teams starts breaking into our zone.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Feeling so relieved right now.

We got the top-3 pick and no metro/east team jumped ahead of us.
And if that was all that had happened I'd be perfectly fine. But that's not all that happened.

It's not any worse for the Jackets, except inso far as it's worse for the integrity of the game and the League as a whole.

Reactions: CBJx614

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Maneuver to #2 with the LA pick and whatever else it takes. I'm not for it but Anaheim might be swayed somehow..

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Why wouldn’t they? It’s the Bedard draft but Fantilli is seen as a significant step up from both Carlsson and Smith
While every scout surveyed by TSN had Bedard as the obvious and clear-cut No. 1, four other gifted prospects earned consideration from the scouts at No. 2, behind the phenom.

Those four prospects include: University of Michigan dominant offensive Canadian centre Adam Fantilli; surging U.S. Under-18 National Team Development Program centre Will Smith; Swedish two-way centre Leo Carlsson; and dynamic Russian goal-scoring winger Matvei Michkov.

Fantilli, the 2023 Hobey Baker Award winner as the top Division I men's college hockey player, remains the consensus No. 2 prospect in our Draft Lottery Edition rankings, just as he was in TSN’s Mid-Season Rankings from late January. Of the scouts surveyed by TSN this week, the product of the Greater Toronto Area was either No. 2 or No. 3 on every ballot.

One scout said he believes Fantilli is closer to Bedard than the other three top prospects — Smith, Carlsson and Michkov — are to Fantilli.

Nevertheless, each of that trio is viewed by some as a viable consideration at No. 2.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Really wanted to see you guys win the lottery as I felt CBJ deserved it more than the rest of them. Here's to hoping Bedard falls way short of the insane expectations and Leo/Fantilli/Michkov wind up being the top of the class! Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino