Prospect Info: 2023 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Blues draft

I wonder who they're talking about here. Says he had a big jump in skating, plays well defensively, has a good stick, "the offense is there". Sounds like a Moore comp but your guys' guess is better than mine.

Edit: the speed component may not fit the Moore comp, I'm not sure how fast he is but the scouting is that he's a great skater without the top end speed.

Edit Edit: Ok I lied, apparently he is elite prospects faster skater ever scouted so I am like 98% confident Blues are really eyeing Moore which I think is an ok pick at 10 if they are very sure the offense will blossom in college where, you guessed it! He will be playing with Snuggerud, coincidentally a Blues prospect.

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Benson has had the pleasure of playing with two centers that were drafted right around the top 10. My question is why he didn’t put up more points. A guy that’s never been drafted scored more goals than he did. Smallish average skater. I just can’t get there. He’s available at 25. I’ll take him then. I see better pics at 10.

He’s good, but is he just benefitting from the talent around him is my biggest question. Is he Rob Preston good? (There’s an old name for you)
He didn’t put up enough points for you?

• Wow
Reactions: Blueston

PJJJP

Dec 2, 2021
On one hand I want Doug to make some masterful trades with the later two picks and get us some good young defensemen but at the same time I want to make all 3 picks

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
I wonder who they're talking about here. Says he had a big jump in skating, plays well defensively, has a good stick, "the offense is there". Sounds like a Moore comp but your guys' guess is better than mine.

Edit: the speed component may not fit the Moore comp, I'm not sure how fast he is but the scouting is that he's a great skater without the top end speed.
I think you are right it wouldn't be more maybe Yager, Danielson, Leonard or Honzek.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
As we close in on draft, who do you want at 10? Let’s assume Bedard, fantilli, Carlson, smith, Leonard, michkov, reinbacher, and dvorsky are all gone.

My pick would be Willander with honzek as alternate.

Who you got?
Benson or Wood.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
He didn’t put up enough points for you?

Funny, two of the guys on the list are on his team. He has no pressure as teams playing Winnipeg have a loaded team to defend. He’s one of five 30+ goal scorers. I’m not sure why he didn’t put up Ridiculous video game stats if he’s a top-five talent. That’s just my opinion. I wish we drafted at 19 years old, and we see how he performs this year without a stacked team.

I would rather take Bradley Nadeau and I will predict he will be a better player. He’s an excellent skater. He can shoot the puck thru a brick wall. On his team he had Aydair Suniev. I wouldn’t mind him as our 29th pick. I’m not taking such a risk Pick at ten. I would much rather take Matthew wood. He will be the second star we picked out of Connecticut.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad