25. Daniil But, Russia
26. Nate Danielson, Canada
27. Samuel Barcik, Slovakia
28. Aram Minnetian, USA
29. Ondrej Molnar, Slovakia
30. Paul Fischer, USA
31. William Whitelaw, USA
32. Kimo Gruber, Switzerland

Canada’s 2023 draft class is exceptional.

Slovakia has its best class ever.

One year later, my top 8 is the same, slightly re-arranged.

1. Bedard
2. Michkov
3. Fantilli
4. Carlsson
5. Dvorsky
6. Gulyayev
7. Yager
8. Ritchie

This remains my list of potential franchise players in this draft, all of whom look deserving of top 3 consideration in an average draft.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
HF couch scouts were on in 2018.

Here are the current potential 1st rounders mentioned on the first page of this thread.

Connor Bedard
Dalibor Dvorsky
Riley Heidt
Brayden Yager
Emil Jarventie
Otto Stenberg
Eduard Sale
Daniil But
Matvei Michkov
Mikhail Gulyayev
Alex Ciernik
Maxim Strbak
Quentin Musty
Koehn Ziemmer
Adam Fantilli
Goes to show we may be early, but we‘re not wrong (all the time :laugh:)

Reactions: The Swede

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Why is it like that? I hear the same about other organisations. But in the end where are the good places to develop in for a young player? I watched Brynäs - Örebro in U18 and both Nord and Sagranden played. I know it´s a bit different to play U18, but neither of them looked really good. Nord looked heavy and clumsy and Sagranden just travelled around. It was two good teams but no player stood really out. Maybe Herman Liv was the the only one standing out. On the other hand Oscar Westman, goalie in Brynäs saved them during the second period.

Ok, we hope Sjödin stays healty, because i agree with you about him. And i hope Örebro HK takes care of him.

And the Brynäs "bongodrumming" Lindstein is only about marketing. I see that all around the SHL clubs. And from my point of view they are not ready to play SHL. And in many of the organisations they have older players, or other players that are better.

Yes, if you look at some of the players that they forced up in the U20 teams like Gustaf Kangas (Västerås), , Eric Burger (Örebro), Wille Johansson (Färjestad), Lucas Kling (Färjestad), Hugo Hell (Färjestad), Lucas Stockselius (Djurgården), Vilmer Alriksson (Djurgården) ant i could go on. But hese guys should play more U18 games to develop their game. And i think for an example that Kalle Carlsson and Lucas Sagranden is not looking as good as last year. So let them also play U18 games to build confidence again. But it´s a long season so many things can change. The talent is there. But the environment is pushing the coaches to take the wrong decisions. They need to position the guys for the draft and the U18 WC. So stupid.
Regarding Brynäs, a mix of cronyism/nepotism, the same old people making mistakes(and even if it was less bad at some point, (with hockey evolving so much they get even more behind). Because with Brynäs more than most of the big organisations, they are a mess from top to bottom(or senior team to the youth squads). You can even look at how Brynäs smacks the competition in almost every age group these days pre-u16 locally despite the fact that your team should be based on where in the city/county you are from. Their teams (back to u16-j20 now) seems uncohesive and I really question whatever their development training behind the scenes is, based on their track record.
I mean, I think and hope that Nordh for example, will be a brilliant senior player. But I'm already a bit worried that he will lose his dynamic spark(those moments every game where he just cuts the game open with creating super chances), that was the defining part of him pre-Brynäs(along with his all-around ability).
Also, since other teams in the county are prohibited from taking u16 teams to Region level, and Brynäs also makes the team for TV-Pucken, they have all the locals(except I guess the exceptionals) careers in their hand. There is no reason to not allow more kids in the most ice-rink packed region in the country to at least compete for longer, because no team would compete with them at the j20 or senior level ever anyway, and they can always scoop those players. Because in my mind it starts from the ground up, so more players can push each other for maximum potential.
I was gonna say Örebro for example, but I mean, to be fair I don't know how good they actually are at maximizing all their players potential, or if they just are the best at "stealing" the most talent and by just virtue of quanitity they have so many good talents no matter what. Maybe Skellefteå, Rögle and Frölunda? Feels like Djurgården succeeds by virtue of just having more or less a monopoly on Stockholms hockey the older the players get.

You have a point on the j20 vs j18 discussion. Again, seems like the "adults" or coaches/organisations just try to short term maximize their results, and as a result the hurt the development of these talented aspiring kids. Again, I've watched way less than you, but based on what I've seen this year, I'm overall a bit dissapointed so far this season. Maybe it is the j20vs j18 part, maybe my perspective is a bit off, but I feel like if seen more regression/stagnation that the progression I expected(or maybe just hoped for) in this group overall. I really rated them last year, so maybe there is some coming down to earth. Still looks better than the one before and after from my view, 07s might challenge.

Roughly how many players do you think are standing out significantly in terms of being a valuable prospect at the draft before they start to look kind of the same( in terms of level)?

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Regarding Brynäs, a mix of cronyism/nepotism, the same old people making mistakes(and even if it was less bad at some point, (with hockey evolving so much they get even more behind). Because with Brynäs more than most of the big organisations, they are a mess from top to bottom(or senior team to the youth squads). You can even look at how Brynäs smacks the competition in almost every age group these days pre-u16 locally despite the fact that your team should be based on where in the city/county you are from. Their teams (back to u16-j20 now) seems uncohesive and I really question whatever their development training behind the scenes is, based on their track record.
I mean, I think and hope that Nordh for example, will be a brilliant senior player. But I'm already a bit worried that he will lose his dynamic spark(those moments every game where he just cuts the game open with creating super chances), that was the defining part of him pre-Brynäs(along with his all-around ability).
Also, since other teams in the county are prohibited from taking u16 teams to Region level, and Brynäs also makes the team for TV-Pucken, they have all the locals(except I guess the exceptionals) careers in their hand. There is no reason to not allow more kids in the most ice-rink packed region in the country to at least compete for longer, because no team would compete with them at the j20 or senior level ever anyway, and they can always scoop those players. Because in my mind it starts from the ground up, so more players can push each other for maximum potential.
I was gonna say Örebro for example, but I mean, to be fair I don't know how good they actually are at maximizing all their players potential, or if they just are the best at "stealing" the most talent and by just virtue of quanitity they have so many good talents no matter what. Maybe Skellefteå, Rögle and Frölunda? Feels like Djurgården succeeds by virtue of just having more or less a monopoly on Stockholms hockey the older the players get.

You have a point on the j20 vs j18 discussion. Again, seems like the "adults" or coaches/organisations just try to short term maximize their results, and as a result the hurt the development of these talented aspiring kids. Again, I've watched way less than you, but based on what I've seen this year, I'm overall a bit dissapointed so far this season. Maybe it is the j20vs j18 part, maybe my perspective is a bit off, but I feel like if seen more regression/stagnation that the progression I expected(or maybe just hoped for) in this group overall. I really rated them last year, so maybe there is some coming down to earth. Still looks better than the one before and after from my view, 07s might challenge.

Roughly how many players do you think are standing out significantly in terms of being a valuable prospect at the draft before they start to look kind of the same( in terms of level)?
Ok, that is too bad. And i think the Swedish top organisations are so bad on developing players. They don´t give a shit about what happens until U16. before U16 they want to deliver on RF and the their demands. And the nepotism ... they launched the U18 rooster for the tournament in Plymouth. The roster is overall ok. But ... What the hell is going on with Wille Johansson? Sorry, we all know ... Kostadinski? The nepotism is so strong in this world. No Lucas Sagranden, no Svante Sjödin. But that is not my point. It will go up and down. Players will come and go. But if we really look at it. Your question was " Roughly how many players do you think are standing out significantly in terms of being a valuable prospect at the draft before they start to look kind of the same ( in terms of level)?" And I see a lot of games. A bit to much to be normal, but I hooked up to the 2005:ers. And I agree with you, a bit of a disappointment about the guys this autumn. The only one standing out is Leo Carlsson, and maybe Axel Sandin Pelikka. The others are good hockey players. Liam Dower Nilsson has surprised me. I thought he did not want to compete. But he is. Otto Stenberg .. Ok not more. Zeb Forsfjäll, Isac Hedqvist and what ever who has played in the SHL is marketing. They ara not that good on the level they normal playing. And thats the key for me. When you are dominating the level you normal are playing on, we move you up. One of my favourite players in the 2005 group is Liam Persson (Leksand) . A bit weak but with a strong hockey sense, good skating and i think he will be a better hockey player compared to for an example Unger Sörum. But that is me. In Region väst, they have never had as a strong group as the one born 2005.

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
Ok, that is too bad. And i think the Swedish top organisations are so bad on developing players. They don´t give a shit about what happens until U16. before U16 they want to deliver on RF and the their demands. And the nepotism ... they launched the U18 rooster for the tournament in Plymouth. The roster is overall ok. But ... What the hell is going on with Wille Johansson? Sorry, we all know ... Kostadinski? The nepotism is so strong in this world. No Lucas Sagranden, no Svante Sjödin. But that is not my point. It will go up and down. Players will come and go. But if we really look at it. Your question was " Roughly how many players do you think are standing out significantly in terms of being a valuable prospect at the draft before they start to look kind of the same ( in terms of level)?" And I see a lot of games. A bit to much to be normal, but I hooked up to the 2005:ers. And I agree with you, a bit of a disappointment about the guys this autumn. The only one standing out is Leo Carlsson, and maybe Axel Sandin Pelikka. The others are good hockey players. Liam Dower Nilsson has surprised me. I thought he did not want to compete. But he is. Otto Stenberg .. Ok not more. Zeb Forsfjäll, Isac Hedqvist and what ever who has played in the SHL is marketing. They ara not that good on the level they normal playing. And thats the key for me. When you are dominating the level you normal are playing on, we move you up. One of my favourite players in the 2005 group is Liam Persson (Leksand) . A bit weak but with a strong hockey sense, good skating and i think he will be a better hockey player compared to for an example Unger Sörum. But that is me. In Region väst, they have never had as a strong group as the one born 2005.
Exactly, its really unfortunate that we don't have stricter mandates or "philosophies" on how to treat youth hockey, because not only are we turning away so many young kids at an early age, leading to less hockey, but that also means less at the top automatically in my opinion, and even at these levels we notice how badly we hurt so many kids future prospects. Agreed that the team is overall okay, but a lot of players I'm feeling meh on now, and ye, Johansson is a big yikes. Also, Kalle Carlsson definitely deserves a spot, but I just keep feeling more and more right in being lower than what I expect most to be on him based on his point production. Outside of the actual finishing/assisting I don't think he plays strong overall. What is your opinion on Wahlberg and Zether? I have not seen to much of these guys(maybe like one game this year). Forsfjäll has not looked dominant or even great from what I've seen in j20 this year, so agree on him playing SHL being foul. And what is going on in Frölunda? I feel like my steady "hierachy" of Stenberg-Edstrom-Dower has been completely shattered.

So far this season I'm getting the feeling Sandin-Pelikka might be the top 05er at the draft, agree or am I reaching?

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Exactly, its really unfortunate that we don't have stricter mandates or "philosophies" on how to treat youth hockey, because not only are we turning away so many young kids at an early age, leading to less hockey, but that also means less at the top automatically in my opinion, and even at these levels we notice how badly we hurt so many kids future prospects. Agreed that the team is overall okay, but a lot of players I'm feeling meh on now, and ye, Johansson is a big yikes. Also, Kalle Carlsson definitely deserves a spot, but I just keep feeling more and more right in being lower than what I expect most to be on him based on his point production. Outside of the actual finishing/assisting I don't think he plays strong overall. What is your opinion on Wahlberg and Zether? I have not seen to much of these guys(maybe like one game this year). Forsfjäll has not looked dominant or even great from what I've seen in j20 this year, so agree on him playing SHL being foul. And what is going on in Frölunda? I feel like my steady "hierachy" of Stenberg-Edstrom-Dower has been completely shattered.

So far this season I'm getting the feeling Sandin-Pelikka might be the top 05er at the draft, agree or am I reaching?
I totally agree. From my point of view i think the Swedish icehockey federation needs to redo their development plan. And retake the position from the private developers. Or it will get fewer and fewer hockeyplayers. They need to pay good instructors from early age. Johansson is a scam and some other kid that should have been there stays home ... Not ok. I feel the same as you about Kalle Carlsson. He slows the game down to much playing full strength. Lacks a bit competing. Zether i´ve seen quite many times through the years. Surprising to me. But he´s taken some nice steps, plays in good environment with Eckholm. Steady game against Örebro. Good positioning, and reads the game quite well. Skates good. Trust and self confidence is the biggest factor for the guys we are looking at and talking about. Wahlberg i haven´t seen that much. Very powerful do. Zeb Forsfjäll reads the game well, skates ok but the hype? I can´t se that. Yes, i always seen Otto as the big name and Dower Nilsson as someone who has al lot of skills but lacks in competing. But i have changed my mind. From what i seen this autumn i would rank Dower Nilsson over Stenberg. It´s early do ... Yes! Sandin Pelikka is looking really good. So yes, that could happen!

Reactions: TPM4020

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
I totally agree. From my point of view i think the Swedish icehockey federation needs to redo their development plan. And retake the position from the private developers. Or it will get fewer and fewer hockeyplayers. They need to pay good instructors from early age. Johansson is a scam and some other kid that should have been there stays home ... Not ok. I feel the same as you about Kalle Carlsson. He slows the game down to much playing full strength. Lacks a bit competing. Zether i´ve seen quite many times through the years. Surprising to me. But he´s taken some nice steps, plays in good environment with Eckholm. Steady game against Örebro. Good positioning, and reads the game quite well. Skates good. Trust and self confidence is the biggest factor for the guys we are looking at and talking about. Wahlberg i haven´t seen that much. Very powerful do. Zeb Forsfjäll reads the game well, skates ok but the hype? I can´t se that. Yes, i always seen Otto as the big name and Dower Nilsson as someone who has al lot of skills but lacks in competing. But i have changed my mind. From what i seen this autumn i would rank Dower Nilsson over Stenberg. It´s early do ... Yes! Sandin Pelikka is looking really good. So yes, that could happen!
All agreed on the first point. And yeah, in such a competitive enviroment where so few players get the chance, there should be more pressure on the coaches and federation to make sure the best possible players get the chance to play. In most team sports, but hockey moreso, performance can be so much about mentality and feeling trusted by the team and having belief in yourself. Needs to be as meritocratic as possible.

I saw some of the Finland and swiss games, but haven't deepdived to much yet to to time deficinency, but will probably check back on the Czech and US games. Have you seen them, what's your overall opinion of their preformance? Some +s and -s from the players this tournament? Liked Felix Nilsson overall and at least his whole line played pretty intense and skated hard from the shifts I saw them. First line was strong when I saw them, at least Nordh and Stenberg plays strong offensive hockey. . Not saying Forsfjäll was super bad, but just not very noticeable the shifts I saw him, which I guess is fine to some degree if you are letting the wingers get more puck time, but in my opinion does not give him a whole lot of push in terms of stock. But I need to check back on the goals against, because I didn't see that they apparently were in on a bunch of them before I just skimmed through the rosters stats. I think Tom Willander had some good moments carrying the puck as well.

I know there's at least some guys lurking here who must have checked a game or two from the five nations. Come on lads, step up, give me some names you thought impressed :)

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
All agreed on the first point. And yeah, in such a competitive enviroment where so few players get the chance, there should be more pressure on the coaches and federation to make sure the best possible players get the chance to play. In most team sports, but hockey moreso, performance can be so much about mentality and feeling trusted by the team and having belief in yourself. Needs to be as meritocratic as possible.

I saw some of the Finland and swiss games, but haven't deepdived to much yet to to time deficinency, but will probably check back on the Czech and US games. Have you seen them, what's your overall opinion of their preformance? Some +s and -s from the players this tournament? Liked Felix Nilsson overall and at least his whole line played pretty intense and skated hard from the shifts I saw them. First line was strong when I saw them, at least Nordh and Stenberg plays strong offensive hockey. . Not saying Forsfjäll was super bad, but just not very noticeable the shifts I saw him, which I guess is fine to some degree if you are letting the wingers get more puck time, but in my opinion does not give him a whole lot of push in terms of stock. But I need to check back on the goals against, because I didn't see that they apparently were in on a bunch of them before I just skimmed through the rosters stats. I think Tom Willander had some good moments carrying the puck as well.

I know there's at least some guys lurking here who must have checked a game or two from the five nations. Come on lads, step up, give me some names you thought impressed :)
Great thoughts. The 05 age group is broad with lots of talent, but does not perhaps have the individual stars that the 02`s and 04’s had. I think this team played much better than the one in Hlinka, which relied too much on the first line. In this tournament more players contributed. Anton Wahlberg and Felix Unger Sörum played well. The third line also played well. The new goalie was also good. If the Swedish team had stayed healthy I believe we could have challenged the U.S. It will be interesting to follow this team going forward.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019

Oh yes! I watched the games and the team had a strong tournament. A bit of struggling with injuries and sickness maybe not gave them a fair chance in the game against USA.

Both goalies looked overall good. But i still miss Noah Erliden.

On the defense Arvid Bergström, Axel Landén, Tom Willander, Axel Sandin Pelikka and Eric Burger impressed me. Pelikka plays with high risk. To high risk sometimes from my view. Kostadinski and Hurtig skates not good enough. Hurtig strong in the defensive zone though.

Otto Stenberg showed that he is the best player and the go to guy. I love that he is not shooting from every angel. Instead he looks for better plays and bigger chances. And Noel Nordh played also better than i´ve seen him this season. Anton Wahlberg impressed me a lot. Many tools there. Noah Dower Nilsson started the tournament well but lacks a bit in competing when it gets tougher. Both Felix also played well. Both are smart players. Unger Sörum needs to work a bit on his skating. Simon Zether, Hugo Pettersson, Kalle Carlsson, David Edström and Zeb Forsfjäll had a harder time. Wille Johansson where strong in box play but loses to many face offs and looses the puck often on the fly five on five. I liked the way Lucas Sagranden played, he had a energy and courage that i sometimes miss in this team. He played more of a power forward role. Not the type of play he has shown in Örebro this season.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Oh yes! I watched the games and the team had a strong tournament. A bit of struggling with injuries and sickness maybe not gave them a fair chance in the game against USA.

Both goalies looked overall good. But i still miss Noah Erliden.

On the defense Arvid Bergström, Axel Landén, Tom Willander, Axel Sandin Pelikka and Eric Burger impressed me. Pelikka plays with high risk. To high risk sometimes from my view. Kostadinski and Hurtig skates not good enough. Hurtig strong in the defensive zone though.

Otto Stenberg showed that he is the best player and the go to guy. I love that he is not shooting from every angel. Instead he looks for better plays and bigger chances. And Noel Nordh played also better than i´ve seen him this season. Anton Wahlberg impressed me a lot. Many tools there. Noah Dower Nilsson started the tournament well but lacks a bit in competing when it gets tougher. Both Felix also played well. Both are smart players. Unger Sörum needs to work a bit on his skating. Simon Zether, Hugo Pettersson, Kalle Carlsson, David Edström and Zeb Forsfjäll had a harder time. Wille Johansson where strong in box play but loses to many face offs and looses the puck often on the fly five on five. I liked the way Lucas Sagranden played, he had a energy and courage that i sometimes miss in this team. He played more of a power forward role. Not the type of play he has shown in Örebro this season.
Ok, these are the changes for the next tournament for the Swedish U18 national team. Goalies Munther (Djurgårdens IF) and Thelin (Björklöven/Teg) out. Erliden (HV71) and Gidlöf (Leksand) in. Erliden is the best goalie born 2005 so that´s good. Gidlöf i´ve seen a lot, and he was very good a couple of years ago. Been fighting with a bad back but he´s not been on top level since. Burger (D Örebro) out and Wikman (D Färjestad) in. That´s ok with me. Wikman got injured before the last tournament and Hurtig (D Rögle) came in. And Hurtig stays on the team. Both Wikman and Hurtig are more powerful defenders compared to Burger. Guess that is the reason ,now competing with 2003 born guys. Lindstein (D Brynäs) on the team but he´s healthy now so of course. Burger had a quite strong tournament last time and has a decent stint at the moment in Örebro. He´s a far better skater than Hurtig and Wikman. Hugo Pettersson (F HV71) out and Elliot Ståhlberg (F Färjestad) in. Ståhlberg is one of my favorite among forwards in Sweden born 2005. So that´s good. David Edström (F Frölunda) out and Jacob Sagadin (F Växjö) In. That i don´t understand. David is in my eyes a far better hockey player, with great hockeysense and hard work. He can also score and set up his line mates. Jacob Sagadin is only hard work for me. At the same time Wille Johansson is still on the team and that is impossible to understand. I´ve seen him both in U20 and U18 this season and no positive impact on the games i´ve seen what so ever.

Last edited:

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
So far, really rough early season list, based on really few early lookups:

1. connor bedard
2. adam fantilli
3. leo carlsson
4. matvei michkov
5. mikhail gulyayev
6. brayden yager
7. zach benson
8. riley heidt
9. calum ritchie
10. eduard sale
11. lukas dragicevic
12. will smith
13. matthew wood
14. quentin musty
15. andrew cristall
16. axel sandin pellikka
17. dalibor dvorsky
18. otto stenberg
19. colby barlow
20. cameron allen
21. hunter brzustewicz
22. kasper halttunen
23. oliver moore

End of the list should not be taken seriously since I have not seen that many guys and I still have lot of people I want to see at least a game to get some idea. My top 5 is bit spicy in a sense that I have Michkov on top 4 and Gulyayev top 5. I really liked Gulyayev every time I have watched him. After top 9, I have really way too few views on players but this is my early impressions so far.

I still want to see more of Oliver Moore, Nate Danielson and so on... hopefully at the end of the year when work gets bit more quiet and less busy...

Last edited:

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
Ok, these are the changes for the next tournament for the Swedish U18 national team. Goalies Munther (Djurgårdens IF) and Thelin (Björklöven/Teg) out. Erliden (HV71) and Gidlöf (Leksand) in. Erliden is the best goalie born 2005 so that´s good. Gidlöf i´ve seen a lot, and he was very good a couple of years ago. Been fighting with a bad back but he´s not been on top level since. Burger (D Örebro) out and Wikman (D Färjestad) in. That´s ok with me. Wikman got injured before the last tournament and Hurtig (D Rögle) came in. And Hurtig stays on the team. Both Wikman and Hurtig are more powerful defenders compared to Burger. Guess that is the reason ,now competing with 2003 born guys. Lindstein (D Brynäs) on the team but he´s healthy now so of course. Burger had a quite strong tournament last time and has a decent stint at the moment in Örebro. He´s a far better skater than Hurtig and Wikman. Hugo Pettersson (F HV71) out and Elliot Ståhlberg (F Färjestad) in. Ståhlberg is one of my favorite among forwards in Sweden born 2005. So that´s good. David Edström (F Frölunda) out and Jacob Sagadin (F Växjö) In. That i don´t understand. David is in my eyes a far better hockey player, with great hockeysense and hard work. He can also score and set up his line mates. Jacob Sagadin is only hard work for me. At the same time Wille Johansson is still on the team and that is impossible to understand. I´ve seen him both in U20 and U18 this season and no positive impact on the games i´ve seen what so ever.
Edstrom (no ”ö”) is injured. Would have been on the team otherwise.

SimGrindcore

Mar 16, 2021
www.facebook.com
d of the list should not be taken seriously since I have not seen that many guys and I still have lot of people I want to see at least a game to get some idea. My top 5 is bit spicy in a sense that I have Michkov on top 4 and Gulyayev top 5. I really liked Gulyayev every time I have watched him. After top 9, I have really way too few views on players but this is my early impressions so far.

I still want to see more of Oliver Moore, Nate Danielson and so on... hopefully at the end of the year when work gets bit more quiet and less busy...
I'm curious to see a full top-32 from you.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
If you noticed i have been very keen on the players born 2005 in Örebro and Färjestad. Last night they met. And in my opinion that might be the two teams fighting for the U18 SM-gold in the spring. And both teams put almost what they had on the ice. No Kalle Carlsson In Örebro do, but Sagranden, Sjödin, Frisk, Pettersson and all the 2006 talent they got with Zetterberg, Danielsson, Bodin, Öhman, Fernström, Liv and more. Färjestad did the same except Wikman and Johansson (no big difference with Johansson or with out ...). But Ståhlberg, Kling, Hell, Westh, Ling, Ivansson, Fransén, Sidebäck, Cassåsen (goalie) and the norwegian talent born 2006 Elias Straume Vatne. And what a game it was! Very good quality overall. Tight and tough. Both goalies were amazing. Örebro maybe a bit more skilled and put the good defence in Färjestad on a test. But the Färjestad defence solved it good. And Färjestad also stopped Örebros power play. Örebro had for an example a powerplay in overtime. I would say that Färjestads boxplay (and off course goalie, but Liv was also very good) won the game for them. And Fransén, Hell, Westh, Ling, Ivansson, Ståhlberg, Vatne were fantastic in the box play. The overtime started with another power play for Örebro, but the Färjestad players played an excellent box play and directly after Ståhlberg gave Vatne a nice assist to be alone with Liv and Vatne did nothing wrong. An overtime win with 1-0 for Färjestad. Did any prospects stand out? Not directly. Did not see much of Sagranden and Sjödin. The top prospect for the 2024 draft Alexander Zetterberg did not show anything special but bad attitude. In Färjestad Hell was definitely ok but both Westh and Fransén (born december 2005) as always better in my eyes. Ståhlberg had the assist to the GWG but the game was about hard work and competing.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Today i attended BST-arena in Södertälje to watch Södertälje - Färjestad J20 Nationell. Both teams missed the players away playing for national teams. But from my point of view that always (since Uplandia and Folke Filbyter) been very keen on some players born 2005 in Färjestad.i noticed some things. Now when Färjestad not playing their "top players" they are winning every game. A bit wierd but i am quite sure that the best players in Färjestad born 2005 played in that game today. Elias Ivansson, Noel Styrenius, Gustav Ling, goalie Melvin Asp Cassåsen (No Noel Fransén do) looked great. And even Lucas Kling looked good! Hugo Hell as well. Just to get rid of the shit around the nepotism- players made the team look better and now they are winning games. Södertälje should have won the game but the competing level of the Färjestad U20 team is rising for every guy they put on the roster from the 2005 group. So with that said i think we will have an exciting run for the U18 championship in Sweden. My bet is on the Färjestad team at this stage. With Rögle as runner up. Might change.

Last edited:

TPM4020

Feb 3, 2021
Today i attended BST-arena in Södertälje to watch Södertälje - Färjestad J20 Nationell. Both teams missed the players away playing for national teams. But from my point of view that always (since Uplandia and Folke Filbyter) been very keen on some players born 2005 in Färjestad.i noticed some things. Now when Färjestad not playing their "top players" they are winning every game. A bit wierd but i am quite sure that the best players in Färjestad born 2005 played in that game today. Elias Ivansson, Noel Styrenius, Gustav Ling, goalie Melvin Asp Cassåsen (No Noel Fransén do) looked great. And even Lucas Kling looked good! Hugo Hell as well. Just to get rid of the shit around the nepotism- players made the team look better and now they are winning games. Södertälje should have won the game but the competing level of the Färjestad U20 team is rising for every guy they put on the roster from the 2005 group. So with that said i think we will have an exciting run for the U18 championship in Sweden. My bet is on the Färjestad team at this stage. With Rögle as runner up. Might change.
I agree. Färjestad will definetely be a candidate for the U18 championship in Sweden this year. Think several teams from Region Väst will do good in the playoff. To bad VIK missed the top 5 spot with minimum margin (same TP and GD..) but also intersting to see Mora in the south league.

Will be interesting to see the games after christmas when all teams will play in their new leagues (south + north). I think the south league will have better teams overall, but of course the top teams in the north league will for sure be good too.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
I agree. Färjestad will definetely be a candidate for the U18 championship in Sweden this year. Think several teams from Region Väst will do good in the playoff. To bad VIK missed the top 5 spot with minimum margin (same TP and GD..) but also intersting to see Mora in the south league.

Will be interesting to see the games after christmas when all teams will play in their new leagues (south + north). I think the south league will have better teams overall, but of course the top teams in the north league will for sure be good too.
I feel really sorry for Västerås. They beat Grums with 6-1 in the last game and needed just one more goal. That´s a tough one! Yes, the Region Väst and Region Syd are clearly the strongest in my eyes. From Region Norr i can only see Skellefteå as a contender. From Region Öst Djurgården. I don´t think AIK is that good in total. But i might be wrong there ... From Region Syd Frölunda, Rögle, HV71 and Växjö are all strong teams. Don´t think Malmö can contend. From Region Väst all the teams that qualified for Allsvenskan are good. Also Västerås as you mention is a good team. Örebro, Brynäs, Leksand and Mora are all strong teams. Mora and Västerås needs their top players playing all the time do. They don't have the same width in the lineup. And off course Färjestad.

Reactions: TPM4020

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Not sure where to put this but list of players invited to chl top prospect game. No clue how Leslie or Weinstein didn't get picked...obviously political since 19 whlers already.

LOL the whole team would be from the WHL, I guess they had to make some choices somewhere. I'll be going to the game so this should be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad