2023 NHL draft prospects

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Is the U18 Allsvenskan in Sweden a tough division? Today I attended Frölundaborg to watch Frölunda - HV71. Frölunda put Otto Stenberg in the in the line up. And Kostadinski ... And Granath as well. Oscar Davidsson (a top 06) did his debut for HV71 after leaving Örebro. Gillford (Goalie HV71) better than Zieba (goalie Frölunda). Did anyone of the top prospect stand out? No. HV71 won the game 2-1. And if you think that Otto Stenberg should be the Swedish Connor Bedard, so no. He is not. But on the other hand, I've seen these guys over time so I know that the 2005 group in Sweden is strong but misses the top as a Connor Bedard or a at least a Rasmus Dahlin. They will have good run on the U18 championship. But take a look at the result of the start of the series. The Region Väst (Leksand, Färjestad, Örebro and Brynäs) are dominating. Will it hold? Will see. But on the other hand i think so. Färjestad beat HV71 7-3. Two questions in my head. Why are there not more 2005 players in Färjestad U20? And why are there not more players in the Swedish national from Region Väst? On the other hand I have noticed Eric Nordmark in HV71. Needs to develop his skating but nice hands and a great shot. Exciting to follow. Kostadinski is not one of my favourites. But that i said before ... from my perspective there is considerably more talent in the 2005 group than the parents and their friends at the Swedish icehockey federation have picked up so far. :)

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Top 30 prospect 2023 playing in Sweden

Leo Carlsson (04), Örebro HK
Axel Sandin-Pelika, Skellefteå AIK
Dalibor Dvorsky, AIK. (SLK)
Alex Cierniak (04), Västervik (SLK)
Noah Dower Nilsson, Frölunda
Oscar Fisker Molgaard, HV71 (DEN)
Anton Wahlberg, Malmö Redhawks
Otto Stenberg, Frölunda
Michael Brandsegg-Nygard, Mora IK (NOR)
Theo Lindstein, Brynäs
Tom Willander, Rögle BK
David Edstrom, Frölunda
Felix Nilsson, Rögle BK
Albert Wikman, Färjestad BK
Edvin Nilsson, HV71
Felix Unger Sörum, Leksands IF
Axel Landén, HV71
Zeb Forsfjäll, Skellefteå AIK
Arvid Bergström, Djurgårdens IF
Isac Hedqvist, Luleå HF
Kalle Carlsson, Örebro HK
Noel Nordh, Brynäs
Melvin Wersäll, Djurgårdens IF
Elliot Ståhlberg, Färjestads BK
Svante Sjödin, Örebro HK
Axel Hurtig, Rögle BK
Oskar Voullet, Skellefteå AIK
Hugo Pettersson, HV71
Petter Vestheim (04), Mora IK (NOR)
Lucas Sagranden, Örebro HK

And tomorrow we watch Färjestad BK - Frölunda in J18 Allsvenskan. Very interesting. Frölunda at the bottom with zero points. Färjestad leading the gang with full pot so far.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

Otto Stenberg, Frölunda
Theo Lindstein, Brynäs
Tom Willander, Rögle BK
David Edstrom, Frölunda
Felix Nilsson, Rögle BK
Edvin Nilsson, HV71
Axel Landén, HV71
Isac Hedqvist, Luleå HF
Noel Nordh, Brynäs
Svante Sjödin, Örebro HK
Axel Hurtig, Rögle BK
Hugo Pettersson, HV71

And tomorrow we watch Färjestad BK - Frölunda in J18 Allsvenskan. Very interesting. Frölunda at the bottom with zero points. Färjestad leading the gang with full pot so far.
Jakub Stancl? NHL Central scouting has him as number 26 in Europe.

Reactions: czech and The Swede

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Yes i know. For the first the Växjö team is one of the teams i´ve seen least. Not in my driving route for my ordinary job. And he came to Växjö last year from Czechia. But from what i´ve seen he is in the category with Noel Nordh, Hugo Pettersson and other big strong guys with a good shot. So he could have been in the top 30. But he was left just outside this time.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Yes i know. For the first the Växjö team is one of the teams i´ve seen least. Not in my driving route for my ordinary job. And he came to Växjö last year from Czechia. But from what i´ve seen he is in the category with Noel Nordh, Hugo Pettersson and other big strong guys with a good shot. So he could have been in the top 30. But he was left just outside this time.
I think that after the U18 championship you will also have him in the top 30;) In our euro group of players, he is the best attacking player in the national team (except for Šalé, of course) and he always stood out in it. He could be drafted in the third round.

Reactions: czech and The Swede

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
I think that after the U18 championship you will also have him in the top 30;) In our euro group of players, he is the best attacking player in the national team (except for Šalé, of course) and he always stood out in it. He could be drafted in the third round.
I have changed my mind so many times through the years so i guess you are right. And i´m so excited over this group and the U18 championship this year will be a killer. :)

Reactions: Goodman68

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019

Otto Stenberg, Frölunda
Theo Lindstein, Brynäs
Tom Willander, Rögle BK
David Edstrom, Frölunda
Felix Nilsson, Rögle BK
Edvin Nilsson, HV71
Axel Landén, HV71
Isac Hedqvist, Luleå HF
Noel Nordh, Brynäs
Svante Sjödin, Örebro HK
Axel Hurtig, Rögle BK
Hugo Pettersson, HV71

For the interested i watched Färjestad - Frölunda last night. Also watched watched Mora - Örebro from time to time. Very good game in Karlstad. Two tight periods and the third clearly to Färjestad. It ended with a 2-1 win in sudden for Färjestad. Two interesting players born 2006 i noticed, Karl Sterner (Frölunda) and Jack Berglund (Färjestad). But the best players in both teams were the goalkeepers Melvin Asp Cassåsen (Färjestad) and Joseph Zieba (Frölunda). I also noticed Hugo Hell (defender Färjestad) that i might need to change my mind a bit about. Hell and Gustav Ling (Forward Färjestad) played a really strong game. Hell much better with the puck compared to what i´ve seen before. Ling is a combined power forward/playmaker. Also keen on Elias Ivansson in Färjestad. A very smart and hard working center. In Frölunda much was about Karl Sterner but Victor Mannebratt and Rasmus Odelhög impressed defensively. In Mora Örebro put all they have on the ice but the game was all about Lucas Sagranden. The times I switched to that game, I didn't see much of, for example, Kalle Carlsson or Alexander Zetterberg. Felix Johansson had a decent game in Mora but no one really stood out. Örebro was a little to good. The hyped Anton Olsson (Born 2006) defender in Mora had a really tough game.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
For the interested i watched Färjestad - Frölunda last night. Also watched watched Mora - Örebro from time to time. Very good game in Karlstad. Two tight periods and the third clearly to Färjestad. It ended with a 2-1 win in sudden for Färjestad. Two interesting players born 2006 i noticed, Karl Sterner (Frölunda) and Jack Berglund (Färjestad). But the best players in both teams were the goalkeepers Melvin Asp Cassåsen (Färjestad) and Joseph Zieba (Frölunda). I also noticed Hugo Hell (defender Färjestad) that i might need to change my mind a bit about. Hell and Gustav Ling (Forward Färjestad) played a really strong game. Hell much better with the puck compared to what i´ve seen before. Ling is a combined power forward/playmaker. Also keen on Elias Ivansson in Färjestad. A very smart and hard working center. In Frölunda much was about Karl Sterner but Victor Mannebratt and Rasmus Odelhög impressed defensively. In Mora Örebro put all they have on the ice but the game was all about Lucas Sagranden. The times I switched to that game, I didn't see much of, for example, Kalle Carlsson or Alexander Zetterberg. Felix Johansson had a decent game in Mora but no one really stood out. Örebro was a little to good. The hyped Anton Olsson (Born 2006) defender in Mora had a really tough game.
Was Otto Stenberg noticeable at all? Did he even play?

Reactions: HknAndn

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Curious about Stancl, havent seen him adding any games for the past month. He is not in Vaxjo firts team, but I dont see him adding any games even in the U20. Is he injured or something? Kinda worried, dont want him to miss the WCH.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Curious about Stancl, havent seen him adding any games for the past month. He is not in Vaxjo firts team, but I dont see him adding any games even in the U20. Is he injured or something? Kinda worried, dont want him to miss the WCH.
I don't know what is wrong with him.. There is enough time for now, i hope he will be fine.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Here is the roster for Team Sweden U18, 4-nation tournament in Rauma, Finland, February 10-12

MÅLVAKTER

1 Noah Erliden
30 Teodor Munther

Defenders
3 Axel Landén
4 Axel Sandin-Pellikka
5 Tom Willander
6 Axel Hurtig
7 Albert Wikman
8 Arvid Bergström
9 Theo Lindstein

Forwards
11 Felix Nilsson
12 Noah Dower Nilsson
14 Lukas Sagranden
15 David Edstrom
16 Svante Sjödin
17 Zeb Forsfjäll
18 Felix Unger Sörum
19 Melvin Wersäll
22 Anton Wahlberg
23 Otto Stenberg
24 Simon Zether
26 Noel Nordh
27 Wille Johansson

Not much to say this time. Edstrom is healthy and back in the roster. Best goalies are there. Maybe I prefer some defender over Hurtig and Landén. But it´s tight. I´m glad to see Melvin Wersäll and Svante Sjödin in there to. And mission completed in Färjestad. They put Mattias Johanssons son Wille in the SHL-line up after a really week season and swosh he´s in. Isac Hedqvist (Luleå), Kalle Carlsson (Örebro) should of course had that spot. Or Elias Ivansson (another CF in Färjestad). On the other hand they don´t need another CF and than the list of better F than Wille Johansson is really long. The nepotism is so strong in the hockey community. That´s to bad. But on the other hand, this is a good team and the most of the players are in there.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Watched Malmö Redhawks - Växjö in U18 Allsvenskan last night. Two teams in desperate need of points. Växjö put everything they have on the ice with Jakub Stancl, Elis Rix, Joel Svensson, Kevin Israelsson, Jacob Sagadin and they won quite comfortably. In Malmö no Anton Wahlberg. Best player in Malmö was the goalie Wiggo Carlgren. In Växjö Elis Rix was the one standing out with three goals and a speedy and physically game. I also liked Ville Svensson, a smart center that reads the game well. I also notice that Rögle lost (again) to HV71 and i think HV71 has an undiscovered treasure in big guy Eric Nordmark. Eric has a elite shot. Needs to work on his mobility. But that can be done.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Last night in Sweden ;). In my eyes, the best U18 teams in Sweden met, Färjestad - Örebro. I didn't see the game live, and the broadcast was messed up so I have only seen like the second half of the game. Örebro brought everything they have except Alexander Zetterberg (06). Färjestad without Vikman, Westh, Ståhlberg, Hell, Rydell, Höglind and Johansson. So the result 7-2 to Färjestad is impressive to say the least. Many players who impressed me in Färjestad such as Fransén, Ivansson, Ling, Örnberg, Cassåsen (goalkeeper). And the 06s Engholm, Vatne finds the goal again. They compete as their life was hanging on the result. Love it! In Örebro, Herman Liv seems to have had a difficult evening. And you didn't see much of Svante Sjödin, Eric Burger, Liam Danielsson, Olle Karlsson, Melvin Fernström, Johannes Frisk and all the great talents Örebro has on the roster. Sagranden and Carlsson were ok, but it wasn't enough and Örebro couldn't threaten in the second half of the game anyway (the one I saw). I have so far claimed that the best Swedish team in U18 is Färjestad. And it definitely looks that way at the moment. Hard to see who will threaten when they fill the defending side of the roster with Westh, Hell and Wikman ...

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Is there a good way to watch any Reinbacher or Sale games in EU(Finland)? They have been bit hard to evaluate due to being in exotic kinda leagues.

Reactions: The Swede

TPM4020

Feb 3, 2021
Last night in Sweden ;). In my eyes, the best U18 teams in Sweden met, Färjestad - Örebro. I didn't see the game live, and the broadcast was messed up so I have only seen like the second half of the game. Örebro brought everything they have except Alexander Zetterberg (06). Färjestad without Vikman, Westh, Ståhlberg, Hell, Rydell, Höglind and Johansson. So the result 7-2 to Färjestad is impressive to say the least. Many players who impressed me in Färjestad such as Fransén, Ivansson, Ling, Örnberg, Cassåsen (goalkeeper). And the 06s Engholm, Vatne finds the goal again. They compete as their life was hanging on the result. Love it! In Örebro, Herman Liv seems to have had a difficult evening. And you didn't see much of Svante Sjödin, Eric Burger, Liam Danielsson, Olle Karlsson, Melvin Fernström, Johannes Frisk and all the great talents Örebro has on the roster. Sagranden and Carlsson were ok, but it wasn't enough and Örebro couldn't threaten in the second half of the game anyway (the one I saw). I have so far claimed that the best Swedish team in U18 is Färjestad. And it definitely looks that way at the moment. Hard to see who will threaten when they fill the defending side of the roster with Westh, Hell and Wikman ...
Just need to say that i love reading your summary from the games in U18 Allsvenskan. Always good findings and comments about the game and who was on top for the evening/or not. Keep up the good work!

Also, it was good game between Färjestad - Leksand on saturday. Leksand performed a good game based on team work against a not super good Färjestad and took the win in overtime. I think Leksand has something good coming up in the play off. They might not have all that skilled players as some other teams, but it looks like the have a great spirit in the team (for the moment), which can take them long in a play off.

Reactions: The Swede and Alp

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Just need to say that i love reading your summary from the games in U18 Allsvenskan. Always good findings and comments about the game and who was on top for the evening/or not. Keep up the good work!

Also, it was good game between Färjestad - Leksand on saturday. Leksand performed a good game based on team work against a not super good Färjestad and took the win in overtime. I think Leksand has something good coming up in the play off. They might not have all that skilled players as some other teams, but it looks like the have a great spirit in the team (for the moment), which can take them long in a play off.
Thanks! I watched the game afterwards. And I agree with you. Leksand played a really strong game. But what i could see Färjestad lost three players during the game and were only 12 players in the last period. So to end the game 2-2 at full time and loose in overtime I think they are quite happy with. Strong perfomance in Leksand by August Lissel (2006). Happy to see Hugo Hedwall back on the ice! Romeo Ekfeldt looks better now and that is important for Leksand. And the whole team fought hard and won fair. Fromt long ago i said that for the 2005 born players Region väst is the strongest. Leksand, Brynäs, Örebro and Färjestad are all contenders for U18 gold medal in Sweden.

Reactions: Alp and TPM4020

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
Intense weekend. :) Lots of ice hockey when the top four places are up for grabs in the J18 series. My focus is on the J18 södra. That it is the most natural for me to follow but also that it is a bit stronger than the J18 Norra. But some notes from the J18 Norra is that Djurgården will join and fight for it. Maybe Skellefteå can join in the run for the SM-guld. Also notes that one of my early favorites of the 2005 group Anton Petrini has a fun trip in Djurgården together with little brother Eklund. So watch out for Djurgården in the J18-SM! From the J18 Södra series, I note that Färjestad BK is already in the top two, and with that they don´t need to play the first round and goes directly to the eigth finals, and has home ice advantage. One more point is enough for them to win the J18 södra in one of their last two games. This weekend they won comfortably over Mora with 9-3 and the player of the game was Gustav Ling (FW Färjestad) with 2 goals and four assists. And as always he brings hard work and smartness. Noel Fransén (D Färjestad) also has a big impact in every game. He really is an amazing skater. Don´t understand how he can på rejected over Hugo Hell in Färjestad J20 ... Mora was weak but i´m very fond of Anthon Nilsson Andrén. Anthon was out due to injury all of last season but is starting to look really good again. My biggest focus during the weekend has been Frölunda who matched Otto Stenberg, Noah Dower Nilsson and Kristan Kostadinski in J18 to perhaps move up in to top four. They got two wins and one loss. Not the huge lift as they hoped for I guess, but they have a good chance for the top four now anyway. Otto Stenberg (one assist) looked uninspired and was perhaps most upset that it now seems that David Edstrom is replacing him in the SHL team. Dower Nilsson more interested. I really like how he´s always finding ways in the offensive zone. Just needs to compete all the time.They might as well have lost the game against Malmö yesterday, but Joseph Zieba (2006) was unstoppable in the goal. Also checked out Leksand - HV71 and Eric Nordmark in HV71 continues to produce goals and points. He's got a hell of a shot. However, I didn't see much of Herman Träff and the hyped Oscar Davidsson (2006). Samuel Herlitz and Bruno Idzan (2006) had a good game for HV71. Leksand has had a tough weekend (two straight losses) and will find it difficult to reach the top four. After they beat Färjestad in overtime, it's like they don't quite have the same sharpness. Their top players (Liam Persson, Noah Wolf, Sean Colin Lindeman, Zaki Crookes) didn´t get on top of things. And it´s hard to win if the goalie are 81% ... Also checked the game between Brynäs and Växjö. Brynäs brought everything they have except Lindstein. But Växjö started the game best. In the end, Brynäs won in overtime. Noel Nordh did not stand out as anything special. But the big guy in combination with nice hockeysense Elias Zimmerman, who played with Alieu Moldal Bah and Hugo Engelar who together were the best offensive line on the ice. I am personally very fond of the hard-working Norwegian Moldal Bah. Every team needs someone like him. There are still seven teams fighting for the three places that still are up for grabs and give a direct place in the eigth finals. My bets are on Brynäs, Frölunda och Örebro. It will be a really interesting ending to the series!

Last edited:

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
From the land of broken roads, some words on my Brynäs boys, the two that are most relevant for the upcoming draft are obviously Theo Lindstein and Noel Nordh. Unfortunately they have not been the players people(with Lindstein) and me(with Nordh) hyped them up to be in previous years. Lindstein I really never saw the insane upside people talked about in earlier years(feels like sometimes in Sweden if you are a defenceman and people see that you played up a lot in the age groups on eliteprospects and assume you're Nick Lidström), and it is easy to see why especially Sandin Pelikka, but maybe one or two others swedish D will jump ahead this draft. While Lindstein does not play himself away or offend you, he also not doing much that to me signal high upside. A lot of times he just kinda exists. That's not weird since he is playing fringe SHL minutes, but when comparing to other Dmen historically I think you can generally see more that indicates traits that you can project. With his toolset and responsibility, can he become a 3rd pair NHLer? Sure but I think I'm just throwing wishes in the well hoping for more.

Similar feelings on Nordh. One of my rides or dies, so I won't jump off, but he has been more and more dissapointing relatively in the last two years. How much of that is playing on worse teams and programs that don't favour development is hard two say, but he was one of the players I had real high hopes for before. He does posses good mechanics and overall skillset combined with the size and power that you could hope would project into a "modern power-forward" and he actually has a great shot when he uses it in the right ways and spots. The problem I have is that he doesn't drive play in the ways I would hope, even for a winger. As such, while he generally doesn't make bad plays, he can become anonymous in games where he should be the main star. He is the best prospect(at forward at least) in the organisation, and should be the go to guy in every situation(seeing as he has a good all-around game) in the j20 team, but he is way to affected by his centers(and the poor defencemen group) and instead just appears in glimpses. And when he jumps down to j18 to carry the team against the countrys best, he is almost worse! But when he got the chance with the SHL team he looked good with almost no ice time! So hard to pin down every factor and get an overall evaluation in my opinion. Nordh could become a limited SHL player, but could very well become a great complimentary winger to a driving center, and fit great in to like a 3rd line if everything goes well.

I think I overall would rather bet on Nordh than Lindstein, and still stand by that both would still probably be decent in the second half of the second round, but no shot at the first round, and fantastic to get in the 3rd or later.

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
From the land of broken roads, some words on my Brynäs boys, the two that are most relevant for the upcoming draft are obviously Theo Lindstein and Noel Nordh. Unfortunately they have not been the players people(with Lindstein) and me(with Nordh) hyped them up to be in previous years. Lindstein I really never saw the insane upside people talked about in earlier years(feels like sometimes in Sweden if you are a defenceman and people see that you played up a lot in the age groups on eliteprospects and assume you're Nick Lidström), and it is easy to see why especially Sandin Pelikka, but maybe one or two others swedish D will jump ahead this draft. While Lindstein does not play himself away or offend you, he also not doing much that to me signal high upside. A lot of times he just kinda exists. That's not weird since he is playing fringe SHL minutes, but when comparing to other Dmen historically I think you can generally see more that indicates traits that you can project. With his toolset and responsibility, can he become a 3rd pair NHLer? Sure but I think I'm just throwing wishes in the well hoping for more.

Similar feelings on Nordh. One of my rides or dies, so I won't jump off, but he has been more and more dissapointing relatively in the last two years. How much of that is playing on worse teams and programs that don't favour development is hard two say, but he was one of the players I had real high hopes for before. He does posses good mechanics and overall skillset combined with the size and power that you could hope would project into a "modern power-forward" and he actually has a great shot when he uses it in the right ways and spots. The problem I have is that he doesn't drive play in the ways I would hope, even for a winger. As such, while he generally doesn't make bad plays, he can become anonymous in games where he should be the main star. He is the best prospect(at forward at least) in the organisation, and should be the go to guy in every situation(seeing as he has a good all-around game) in the j20 team, but he is way to affected by his centers(and the poor defencemen group) and instead just appears in glimpses. And when he jumps down to j18 to carry the team against the countrys best, he is almost worse! But when he got the chance with the SHL team he looked good with almost no ice time! So hard to pin down every factor and get an overall evaluation in my opinion. Nordh could become a limited SHL player, but could very well become a great complimentary winger to a driving center, and fit great in to like a 3rd line if everything goes well.

I think I overall would rather bet on Nordh than Lindstein, and still stand by that both would still probably be decent in the second half of the second round, but no shot at the first round, and fantastic to get in the 3rd or later.
I see the same as you. Noticed Noel Nordh och Svante Sjödin for the first time in Uplandia long time a go. Nordhs shot is great. He just needs to put him self in more situations to shoot. He´s trying to play a bit of everything from my point of view. Tough times in Gävle. Risking both the SHL spot and the J20 nationell. hang in there!

Reactions: Sliptip and Alp

The Swede

Sep 25, 2019
So this is how the play offs start in the Swedish J18 Championship.
16th finals
Modo - Östersund
Täby - Björklöven
Almtuna - Nacka
Timrå - Södertälje
Malmö - Rögle
Växjö - Mora
Leksand - Västerås
HV71 - Linköping

8th finals
Djurgården - Chosen by opponents
Skellefteå - Chosen by opponents
AIK - Chosen by opponents
Luleå - Chosen by opponents
Brynäs - Chosen by opponents
Frölunda - Chosen by opponents
Örebro - Chosen by opponents
Färjestad - Chosen by opponents

Djurgården is top ranked and will choose first. Färjestad is second ranked. It is striking how much tougher the southern series is compared to the northern. And it is first in the quarter-finals that the teams get to choose opponents from both series. I guess that Modo, Täby, Almtuna will win quite easy. Timrå - Södertälje a bit more open. So we will se four teams in the quarter finals that would hav ended last in the south division ... Växjö will beat Mora. And HV71 will beat Linköping. Malmö - Rögle and Leksand - Västerås more unpredictable. Exciting times!

Reactions: Sliptip

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
So this is how the play offs start in the Swedish J18 Championship.
16th finals
Modo - Östersund
Täby - Björklöven
Almtuna - Nacka
Timrå - Södertälje
Malmö - Rögle
Växjö - Mora
Leksand - Västerås
HV71 - Linköping

8th finals
Djurgården - Chosen by opponents
Skellefteå - Chosen by opponents
AIK - Chosen by opponents
Luleå - Chosen by opponents
Brynäs - Chosen by opponents
Frölunda - Chosen by opponents
Örebro - Chosen by opponents
Färjestad - Chosen by opponents

Djurgården is top ranked and will choose first. Färjestad is second ranked. It is striking how much tougher the southern series is compared to the northern. And it is first in the quarter-finals that the teams get to choose opponents from both series. I guess that Modo, Täby, Almtuna will win quite easy. Timrå - Södertälje a bit more open. So we will se four teams in the quarter finals that would hav ended last in the south division ... Växjö will beat Mora. And HV71 will beat Linköping. Malmö - Rögle and Leksand - Västerås more unpredictable. Exciting times!
Aside from Djurgården, I have a hard time seeing any team battling for gold from the northern series. The hard thing is knowing when and which players jump up and down between j20 and j18, and a lot depends on how their teams do respectively on both levels and scheduling. But assuming the teams get relatively stacked with the draft eligibiles, its hard for me to not see Frölunda, Örebro or Färjestad winning this year. Frölunda obviously has the most high profile players for this draft with Stenberg, Dower Nilsson and Edström especially, but Örebro and Färjestad has a lot of more future fringe draft picks that I imagine one or two teams might get a hit out of. Otherwise very open field for me. Taking a chance on Örebro this year, as much as it pains me.

For those interested in swedish prospects this year and next, I would recommend those teams; Örebro, Färjestad, Frölunda, maybe Rögle, Växjö, Brynäs, Skellefteå and Djurgården depending on which players play, but will be fun hockey regardless if you have the time and interest! Aside from looking up specific players when I want, I generally just watch the big games(or Brynäs and cries) because the ones filled with big prospects are usually very entertaining, and gives a much better look at the prospects than just looking at a stat sheet after a offensive player on a big team has oblitterated bad defences for a year.

Unrelated to this, but special shoutout to watch Almtuna for those who want to take a bet and stay ahead of the game, Filip Ekberg(2025) is really special and been on my radar for a bit over a year. I have been in hopeful love for a long time, since he is showing some of the highest upside I have seen in such a young swede. And it's not just about his allsvenskan debut that seems to have got everyone suddenly on notice, but just the combination of attributes and incredible sense that oozes talent to me. We generally don't have those in the same way in Sweden because of the different junior system, so carefully optimistic about him!

Kabetogama

Jun 11, 2021
Aside from Djurgården, I have a hard time seeing any team battling for gold from the northern series. The hard thing is knowing when and which players jump up and down between j20 and j18, and a lot depends on how their teams do respectively on both levels and scheduling. But assuming the teams get relatively stacked with the draft eligibiles, its hard for me to not see Frölunda, Örebro or Färjestad winning this year. Frölunda obviously has the most high profile players for this draft with Stenberg, Dower Nilsson and Edström especially, but Örebro and Färjestad has a lot of more future fringe draft picks that I imagine one or two teams might get a hit out of. Otherwise very open field for me. Taking a chance on Örebro this year, as much as it pains me.

For those interested in swedish prospects this year and next, I would recommend those teams; Örebro, Färjestad, Frölunda, maybe Rögle, Växjö, Brynäs, Skellefteå and Djurgården depending on which players play, but will be fun hockey regardless if you have the time and interest! Aside from looking up specific players when I want, I generally just watch the big games(or Brynäs and cries) because the ones filled with big prospects are usually very entertaining, and gives a much better look at the prospects than just looking at a stat sheet after a offensive player on a big team has oblitterated bad defences for a year.

Unrelated to this, but special shoutout to watch Almtuna for those who want to take a bet and stay ahead of the game, Filip Ekberg(2025) is really special and been on my radar for a bit over a year. I have been in hopeful love for a long time, since he is showing some of the highest upside I have seen in such a young swede. And it's not just about his allsvenskan debut that seems to have got everyone suddenly on notice, but just the combination of attributes and incredible sense that oozes talent to me. We generally don't have those in the same way in Sweden because of the different junior system, so carefully optimistic about him!
Rögle has six players who play for U18 national teams, and will be very good if all of them play (which I doubt they will…).

Reactions: The Swede

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad